High School 1989

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
296854126_5961729697188345_4332637009525697894_n.jpg

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I went to Birmingham. Ditching 1st period and practically the whole school was at bagel nosh on Ventura. Cruising the galleria, going to the arcade and grabbing a slice of pizza. I basically lived fast times at ridgemont high.

Lol. I went to Mulholland junior high next door.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I didn’t realize how good those times were until now.

I keep telling my wife the first thing I am going to do when I retire is to start to grow my mullet back.

She grew up in NC and is not a fan and told me she is going to cut it off in my sleep. 😂😂

kurtis500

Reaction score
Yep! Thats exactly what it looked like in high school in 89

Open campuses were a thing, in all 4 years of high school I spent 1 lunch on campus... good times

caribbean20

Reaction score
We moved from Denmark to Detroit in 1989. I was sporting a mullet too. 😆
Where in Detroit? Dearborn? I grew up in the Detroit northern suburbs, moved out in ‘87 to Denver. Still return often, love the summers and boating in MI.

‘89 pffft. You guys are kids😂

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
89 I was a freshman in high school and it was private Adventist school I was the only one with a mullet!! I stuck out like a sore thumb! Transferred to public high school sophomore year to play baseball and was surrounded by my own kind but the mullet had to go sadly as the baseball coach had a strict no long hair policy!

That was the same year I got my 1st car lowered Nissan truck! Loved that truck by my sr year it was lifted and turned into a pre runner!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Looking at that makes you realize how much was influenced by films and music, the Molly Ringwald, the Hessian, the Less than Zero and every other type of haircut that was made popular by icons of film and music!

For the record I was Class of 87, we got the best of everything....

Old enough to get the last of the hot rodding and cruising days, cable tv, the drug era, the beginning of the Internet, so many firsts.....

Looking back at my childhood is crazy...going from literally leave it to beaver to the jetsons in a few generations.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Looking at that makes you realize how much was influenced by films and music, the Molly Ringwald, the Hessian, the Less than Zero and every other type of haircut that was made popular by icons of film and music!

Old enough to get the last of the hot rodding and cruising days, cable tv, the drug era, the beginning of the Internet, so many firsts.....

Looking back at my childhood is crazy...going from literally leave it to beaver to the jetsons in a few generations.
I was 87 also. We were in the sweet spot before things started to suck.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

George Jetson was born only a week ago!

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I was 87 also. We were in the sweet spot before things started to suck.

I wonder if most people feel that way? Class of 2008 myself. I felt like those were the absolute best days for Havasu right before the crash. All kinds of cool boats of all sizes that lots of people had, not just the few and far between of MTIs and DCBs like this go around. I was at the river every other weekend in those days, year round. Some great times.

Dont know if I told any of yall, but I stopped at MCs Market down at Parker Dam the last time I was in town and the owner still recognized me after more than 10 years since the last time I walked through those doors. He greeted me with a loud happy, "Junior!!! How are you??!!"

'00-'08" was the peak for Havasu/Parker as far as I was concerned. I love the place still, but those are the days my memories are from

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Geez……. I feel old.

Do any of you remember the TV Show “Square Pegs”? I just shot this video of me on that TV series. I was a senior in high school and had a part time job as an extra on the show. It was 1982. It starred Sarah Jessica Parker.

So here is what I looked like in 1982. Lol

wallnutz

Reaction score

I was ‘86 and agree.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I was in grade 11 for 89. But I dated a few girls that graduated in 89. It was great times. 50 in September so its true most pictured are in their 50's now.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I was 85 and some serious fun was had in my HS years. I turned 18 in November so I just went to school when there was nothing better to do (and to pass classes).

That vid was super cool to watch.