WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

High water level

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Why is the river so high between needless and Havasu? I have never seen it as high ad it has been the past few weeks! Most of the random beached along the river are under water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Why is the river so high between needless and Havasu? I have never seen it as high ad it has been the past few weeks! Most of the random beached along the river are under water.

The levels seem to be more erratic this year and I don't have a clue. I guess high is better than too low which was the problem a couple of weeks ago.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
The levels seem to be more erratic this year and I don't have a clue. I guess high is better than too low which was the problem a couple of weeks ago.

Thats the truth. In the last 45 days I have seen it lower then ever before and higher then ever before.

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
807E90BA-81CB-4D6B-B63A-AFB93ADE1AAD.png

GETBOATS

Reaction score
from what I've gathered over the years, its all based on the water needed down stream, farmers etc. heat wave early this year, so maybe farm usage is up? anyone?

wzuber

Reaction score
from what I've gathered over the years, its all based on the water needed down stream, farmers etc. heat wave early this year, so maybe farm usage is up? anyone?

That's what I've heard here in Big River as well. Water flow is dependent on farmers needs/orders. Hi water flows here seem pretty typical for this time of year. They have been flowing a lot lately. My platform has seen many days under water lately. Typically it seems shortly after Memorial weekend they start to taper it off and we have to be very cognizant of the daily flow schedule to better know what areas in the river here we need to stay away from, which channels are safe to run etc. As seems true with many other areas when the water is high, the nice beaches, sandbars etc. are submerged. It's nice when they flow about 14,000 cfm thru Head Gate dam here as it allows the beaches to remain exposed and the water level is safe for jet boats and other more shallow draft boats to run most anywhere safely. It's been way too quiet on the water here lately.

Riley1

Reaction score
I’d imagine the lack of power needed directly effects how much water they release. With everything shut down, not much power needed. Then water started going down in Havasu (where from what I hear, has a mandatory level in Topock to maintain) so I’d guess they started releasing to make up for the lack of release due to the lack of demand?
Just my opinion.

blue wonder

Reaction score
I can answer this question, I work for the irrigation district that is at the very end of the system, I control the water flowing out of imperial dam, right by hidden shores, it splits between us and what goes to California down the all American...a couple weeks ago when the rivers and lakes were super low is a direct result of the dam screwing up on the water orders, they took the info from the weeks before when it rained a bunch and no farmers were using water and then like it does down here all the ground dried up and the farmers wanted there water back but they didn’t order near enough from up north, it really screwed with my work for a week straight, we got put on what is called “master schedule” which basically means no one can get 1 drop more than they ordered no matter what which 99% of the time isn't the case, we order our water a week ahead of time so they can get it from way up north and we revise our orders 3 days out which is how long it takes to get here from Parker dam, hence the reason places like big river are affected much more dramatically cause it’s the closest spot right after the dam

rrrr

Reaction score
I can answer this question, I work for the irrigation district that is at the very end of the system, I control the water flowing out of imperial dam, right by hidden shores, it splits between us and what goes to California down the all American...a couple weeks ago when the rivers and lakes were super low is a direct result of the dam screwing up on the water orders, they took the info from the weeks before when it rained a bunch and no farmers were using water and then like it does down here all the ground dried up and the farmers wanted there water back but they didn’t order near enough from up north, it really screwed with my work for a week straight, we got put on what is called “master schedule” which basically means no one can get 1 drop more than they ordered no matter what which 99% of the time isn't the case, we order our water a week ahead of time so they can get it from way up north and we revise our orders 3 days out which is how long it takes to get here from Parker dam, hence the reason places like big river are affected much more dramatically cause it’s the closest spot right after the dam

I wondered why the lake level was so erratic the last couple of weeks. This explains it.