WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hiking in a Bikini?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Story seemed kind of vague on the disposition of the husband. Did he just walk off and leave her in the desert is he missing?

sirbob

Reaction score
The story I read said he was standing there with her and turned around and he thought his wife walked across the street to go back to the camper which implied to me it was across the street from where they were standing.

How do you get lost or kidnapped walking across the street a few feet away?

redone76

Reaction score
Story seems fishy to me...wonder if the truth will come out like the 2 lesbians that were “lost at sea” awhile back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Im sure her life insurance policy was just raised to $1M a week before this tragedy happened...

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
News report said they were walking together. He stopped and she kept going to get to their RV/trailer to get out of the heat. But there was "crossing a highway" involved in her walk back...

Richard.E

Reaction score
Story seems odd. But this is the sister in law of a guy I work with that’s missing. Supposedly she hikes like this often is what he said.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not to be cynical of humanity(but humans suck)...there are a lot of unmapped mines in that area. If the husband is shady, it will be a difficult search. I don't see this having a good ending. Soldiers in good shape can get their asses handed to them, an older female with no supplies...going to have a tough time.

I hope it's a hoax, and she's in a hotel somewhere...

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
dont-ask-me-bubbles-meme.jpg

bk2drvr

Reaction score
There is some cool terrain up that way and the elevation can rise to nearly 3k feet so temps might be a little lower wherever they were hiking. They are from bullhead and she looks pretty lean so heat isn’t such a big issue. Its overweight people who dont do very well in the heat. Lol.. will be interesting to see if she was lost or if foul play is involved or possibly a freak accident.

redone76

Reaction score
Nevermind...I got 2 stories mixed up. I'm talking about the lady from Huntington Beach that got lost outside Bishop and her crazy story

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
She was found on Monday. Spun some yarn about a big, white bald guy coming at her from the bushes with a knife while she was taking a leak and she ran into the desert to lose him

You are confusing this story with the lost hiker in the Inyo National Forest which that was found on Monday (she was from Huntington Beach).

redone76

Reaction score
You are confusing this story with the lost hiker in the Inyo National Forest which that was found on Monday (she was from Huntington Beach).
Yep...just edited my post. That lady's story is damn fishy

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a fishy story? I have small kids and I know first hand how fast shit happens. I hope she’s found alive

redone76

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a fishy story? I have small kids and I know first hand how fast shit happens. I hope she’s found alive

I got my stories crossed. This one isn’t fishy and I hope they find her soon

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Hiking in 110F is playing with Fire, literally! I do a lot of hiking and can tell you that this story sounds pretty shady to me. I don’t know anybody that enjoys hiking in that weather. I was up hiking in Moab last week in 90F+ heat and I was dying. I couldn’t imagine doing it in 20F more heat. If your not carrying enough H2O and can’t find available shade then shit can go down fast!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Hiking in 110F is playing with Fire, literally! I do a lot of hiking and can tell you that this story sounds pretty shady to me. I don’t know anybody that enjoys hiking in that weather. I was up hiking in Moab last week in 90F+ heat and I was dying. I couldn’t imagine doing it in 20F more heat. If your not carrying enough H2O and can’t find available shade then shit can go down fast!!!
That's what gets me. She hiked all the time, even in high temps. She knows the drill, and didn't have anything with here? We have trees and shade out here, but you still have water with you. I hike with minimal first aid stuff, and more water than I should need. I'm not a hiker so to speak, so maybe I over do it to be safe? When out cutting firewood, I take a full trauma kit in the truck, and a minimum of a gallon of water and a liter of saline...

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
That's what gets me. She hiked all the time, even in high temps. She knows the drill, and didn't have anything with here? We have trees and shade out here, but you still have water with you. I hike with minimal first aid stuff, and more water than I should need. I'm not a hiker so to speak, so maybe I over do it to be safe? When out cutting firewood, I take a full trauma kit in the truck, and a minimum of a gallon of water and a liter of saline...

If you get Heat Exhaustion you can become delirious almost instantly. The fishy parts are why did they supposedly separate in the first place, and why was she carrying no water? I would never let my wife take off hiking without me or vice versa. You never leave anyone behind is the 1st rule of hiking! Hell I don't even drive in 100F+ temps unless I have enough water to get by on for a few hours if I break down. Walking in the desert alone in 110F temps with no water? I call Bullshit!!!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
People have a tendency to under estimate what the heat can do to them. Even the so-called “experienced” hikers, I remember several years ago a couple got stuck in the sand near Topock, One of them was found dead at the vehicle and the other apparently tried to walk to the river but didn’t make it I believe they were about 2 miles from the river.:(

Justfishing

Reaction score
they were coming back from a 2 mile hike and she had a beer in her hand!! WTF. You dont come in from a hike and grab a beer before water. You dont hike with beer. Seems to dig a little deeper

brgrcru

Reaction score
didn't some wanabe actress just have a story like this ? she disappeared for 4 days , "as someone told her they wanted to have there way with her ." so she ran into forest 50 feet away from her husband and was lost for 4 days ? I was like what , you couldn't yell, and run back to your husband.
lots of stupid shit.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
He failed the lie detector test..

On that note there was a second woman that disappeared in the desert and was gone for four days. Everyone thought the dude killed her.. they found her and she said while the husband was moving the trailer some guy chased her with s knife and she ran into the forest.

Husband got lucky they found her because everyone was saying he did her in.

Lil'Moni77

Reaction score
they were coming back from a 2 mile hike and she had a beer in her hand!! WTF. You dont come in from a hike and grab a beer before water. You dont hike with beer. Seems to dig a little deeper

Funny that was my 1st thought!! "Just ahead of me with a beer"... That part makes absolutely no sense at all!!! o_O

River Runnin

Reaction score
He failed the lie detector test..

On that note there was a second woman that disappeared in the desert and was gone for four days. Everyone thought the dude killed her.. they found her and she said while the husband was moving the trailer some guy chased her with s knife and she ran into the forest.

Husband got lucky they found her because everyone was saying he did her in.
I really beleive that was a 15 minutes of TV fame stunt! after watching the interview!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We are all going by what the media is saying...

We all Know how accurate They are...

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I went through Baker the other day ( last Friday) 118*

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t know why I came across the article but I saw that they found her body. Any other updates?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Recently or back when this happened?

Edit - this was 6 weeks ago...

I read the article this morning but it said she was found in November but cause of death wasn’t determined yet. Just wondering if anything came after that. I know her husband failed the poly

sirbob

Reaction score
I read the article this morning but it said she was found in November but cause of death wasn’t determined yet. Just wondering if anything came after that. I know her husband failed the poly

Quick search looking for updates and couldn’t find anything more??