WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hit and run

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
I was rear ended this morning in the fog, after finding out they have no insurance was taking pictures they asked my why I was taking pictures. I told them for my insurance. As I walked to my truck they got in the car and took off. Nobody hurt truck can be fixed but can anything happen to them for taking off?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Your thread title is the answer...Yes it is a violation.
Were there any witnesses?

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Done and done just pissed that people think its ok just to leave.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Let the CHP take care of it. They will go knock on his door provided the car is registered to him.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Let the CHP take care of it. They will go knock on his door provided the car is registered to him.

Thats my question, will they and what will happen? Slap on the wrist? Im over it but just curious?

AJ13

Reaction score
They can go to jail and lose there car for a hit and run. If they ran and did not give you all their info I would turn it over to the police and they will take care of it. My wife car just got hit a month ago by an unlicensed and uninsured. I wife was able to get all the info before the girl tried to run. We called our insurance company and they told us it was a good thing we got all the info because we can use our uninsured motorist coverage. If we were not able to get the info they it would have went against our insurance. I would call the cops ASAP and you will have to ID the person diving.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
IMG_9691.jpg IMG_9692.jpg
Her car is pretty fucked up! I feel bad for her as it is only a month old. That is why she didn't have insurance because she had to pay for the car first! Lol

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Ya! They talked in Spanish and left. His truck wasn't bad at all.

My truck isn't bad.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
No injury's means misdameanor hit and run. Call the CHP or local Cop shop where it happened and file a report. At least that way if they do come back and try to claim something you are covered. I wouldn't expect much unless you took pictures of the drivers of the vehicles as well.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
A couple years ago this happened to me. I was sitting at a stop light and dude ran into me because he was texting. Not hard and no damage to my truck but he was in a Mitsubishi rice rocket and my hitch went through his bumper.

We both get out of our vehicles and dude is wondering why I'm on my phone. Told him I'm calling the cops to take a report. He tried to say it was my fault because light was green and I should've gone except light was still red at this point lol.

He kept arguing while I'm talking to the cops so I told him I have a dash cam recording front and rear so he's fucked with his bullshit story. As soon as I said that he jumped in his car, which had dumped it's radiator all over the ground, and took off. Camera caught that too.

What he didn't realize is that when he ran he left his bumper and license plate attached to my hitch [emoji2]

CHP showed up and looked at the video. Car was registered to his girlfriend. They knocked on the door and she ratted him out. Found car with damage and he was charged but don't think arrested. I never had to go to court so no idea what happened with him.

AJ13

Reaction score

It might not look bad. I backed in to my sister in law car in the drive way a couple months ago and I told her I would pay out of pocket because there was not much damage. Could not ever tell I hit her car. It cost me $900.00. Two other places wanted 1500.00 to get it fixed. So I have learned my lesson when it come to how much body work cost.

Taboma

Reaction score
No injury's means misdameanor hit and run. Call the CHP or local Cop shop where it happened and file a report. At least that way if they do come back and try to claim something you are covered. I wouldn't expect much unless you took pictures of the drivers of the vehicles as well.

This is true, at least in our case. Wife chased the mex gal after this gal rear ended my wife's Lincoln mark 8, got her plate #. Escondido Cops called, told us there was little he could do as there was no way to prove who was driving her car -- WTF !!!

What did he / they expect my wife to do, make a stop and detain her for shit sakes :yikes

Damage was minimal, so we ate it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thats my question, will they and what will happen? Slap on the wrist? Im over it but just curious?

If they are illegals then nothing will happen to them. If they are citizens they will get a leaving the scene ticket.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I didn't know you could buy a new car (finance) without proof of insurance. I know I've always had to provide proof of a current policy before the papers were signed. And at least in the states I've lived in, a new car is covered for 30 days under the current policy.

Constant840

Reaction score
I learned the hard way. Guy plowed in to my while I was at a stop in the far left on the 10fw. I was at a stop and saw him coming. If I hadn't been standing on the brake I would have hit the car in front of me too.
Instead of getting out right there in traffic and making everyone's commute that much worse, I motioned towards the shoulder and saw the other driver nod. Needless to say when I got there he wasn't.
White prius, big hipster beard were the only descriptions I had for CHP.

Actually been considering a couple cameras. I know I would have captured a couple good motorcycle accidents by now.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
I didn't know you could buy a new car (finance) without proof of insurance. I know I've always had to provide proof of a current policy before the papers were signed. And at least in the states I've lived in, a new car is covered for 30 days under the current policy.

New to her car.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
This is true, at least in our case. Wife chased the mex gal after this gal rear ended my wife's Lincoln mark 8, got her plate #. Escondido Cops called, told us there was little he could do as there was no way to prove who was driving her car -- WTF !!!

What did he / they expect my wife to do, make a stop and detain her for shit sakes :yikes

Same thing happened to my mom when she was side swiped by a honda civic in her Navigator. Dude ran but little did he know his front license plate came off in the process. She called CHP and gave them all the details but they said they couldnt really do anything if they she couldnt positively id the driver. I think the op has a good shot at making things happen if he gives them the plate number along with a good description of the driver

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sad but true.

If they are illegals then nothing will happen to them. If they are citizens they will get a leaving the scene ticket.

Same with me in the state of Taxifornia

underpressure

Reaction score
License plate may not help much if they didn't register the vehicle (used car) after it was bought.

My daughter traded a car in 2 years ago, dealer sold it, and the scumbag never registered it. She gets 2 - 3 parking violations a month and it's been in 2 accidents. Registration (plate) comes back to her. Multiple efforts with DMV with nothing can be done...she has to just keep sending release of liability...but the scumbag is unknown and gets away with it.

Stupid effing CA laws...

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
I think fleeing the scene is prob the worst that he can get. However my wife has a cousin that did this and he lost his license for 5 years.

Funny that this thread came up, my wife dragged me to dinner with this cousin last night and he was telling this story like he was proud of hitting a guy and fleeing the scene because they were road raging at each other. WTF is up with people....

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Check this hit and run story. Long story short, we had a car crash into our house late one night. Driver got out and ran from the scene. Ran up to the grocery store and called his car in stolen. Only problem with his story....he left his passenger buddy in the car in my house.:lmao Cops told him they'd be right there to take a report from him. :D

DSCF0100.JPG

DSCF0092.JPG

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Even then, I had to provide whoever was writing the note with a policy number. But like everything else I'm sure there is a way around it.

They get insurance for a month or two, to prove coverage to the finance company, then stop making payments.

Moody

Reaction score
License plate may not help much if they didn't register the vehicle (used car) after it was bought.

My daughter traded a car in 2 years ago, dealer sold it, and the scumbag never registered it. She gets 2 - 3 parking violations a month and it's been in 2 accidents. Registration (plate) comes back to her. Multiple efforts with DMV with nothing can be done...she has to just keep sending release of liability...but the scumbag is unknown and gets away with it.

Stupid effing CA laws...

In Nevada with take the plates before they drive off with the car.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Went to CHP to make a report for my insurance. They were great. Ran plate and had a good address. Going to follow up with me the next few days. Know nothing will come of this but wth...

Boatfloating

100% Pimp 50% Of The Time
Reaction score

Stupid effing CA laws...

CA passed a law that there will be no more paper plates phase out doesn't happen till 2019 but no more paper dealer logo plates.

http://www.laweekly.com/news/say-goodbye-to-new-car-paper-plates-7184315

Kbach

Reaction score
Went to CHP to make a report for my insurance. They were great. Ran plate and had a good address. Going to follow up with me the next few days. Know nothing will come of this but wth...

A friend at work had the EXACT same situation you had happen to him about a month ago except the car had Nevada plates. He wasn't expecting anything to happen but the CHP knocked on his door a week later with a picture lineup of 5-6 people and he had to pick out the perp. Hasn't heard anything since then but at least he feels like they did something after filing a report.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
A friend at work had the EXACT same situation you had happen to him about a month ago except the car had Nevada plates. He wasn't expecting anything to happen but the CHP knocked on his door a week later with a picture lineup of 5-6 people and he had to pick out the perp. Hasn't heard anything since then but at least he feels like they did something after filing a report.

That is exactly what i was told would be the next step.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score

Damn Escondido cops Lol! heck I cant even get them to arrest homeless trying to go thru our shop and steal tools here in Esco!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
My chick last year was turning left and guy next to her decided he was in 2nd left turn lane ( that's where she was) as they turn she can't even see him ( lifted FJ ) hes in small corolla. Turns directly into her fender, rim, mirror etc. he pulls over, she gets out, he stays in car. Starts yelling at her saying you hit me. She's like, wtf you just did illegal left turn into me. He says nope. She says ok, marks are still in street its clear who was where, LEO can decide. He says nahhh I'm good it's just my mirror starts car and takes off. She was already on phone with sheriff. They say they'll send out unit. 1.5 hours later they don't show. She calls back and they say if cars able to be driven just come down, they're to busy with more important calls. She does, they do report, track the fucktard down. He says it wasn't hit and run because he pulled over, says it was her fault, and he told her he would fix his own car. That she was yelling and screaming, that he felt thtreatened, so he just left. ( 5ft5in white girl in her 40s scares a 6ft2in 240lbs in his 20s black dude, ya fuckin right !!! ) since it was his word against hers, our insurance had to cover our car!! Still owe him a special thank you, xmas is coming!! :rolleyes

Reaction score
Pos.

Sucks man. Sorry to hear.

boatpi

Reaction score
Always take a picture of the driver even from a bit of a distance, there's an old saying you cannot arrest a car just the driver .

If there is skidmarks in the street or you got hit from the side and pushed over take pictures of the skidmarks in the street if you can . This will aid you later in drawing a description of what occurred.