WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hitler, Company Man- FUNNY!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Anyone in the oilfield will blow a gut laughing at this!

As a quick insight, the "Company Man" is always the operator rep on location. (Exxon, BP, whoever)
He IS the big dick boss over everybody on that location, and it is HIS well for all intent.

The "DD" is the directional driller (Me), and the MWD hands run the MWD tool. It is the electronic tool downhole, about 50' up from the drill bit and works by sending all manner of data (Inclination, Azimuth, gamma, etc.) up to the surface by means of pulse waves in the mud column inside the pipe. It is also the tool that shows my on a compass heading which way I am steering the well as I drill without rotating.
The signal can be disrupted if the rig mud pumps (Usually big single action tri-plex) are pumping erratically due to a common occurrence like valves or swabs washing out.

MWD failure is a very common headache, and this video hits the nail smack dab on the head!!

"Trip" means to pull the entire string out of the hole. It can take 24 hours (round trip) depending on how deep you are, and can cost the operator about $100K on average for lost drilling time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Good shit T:lmao

That could work in several different industries I deal with.....