WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ho Lee Fuk

EPL

Reaction score
Landed it like he knew what he was doing !!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
We'd all like to think we could pull it of but it’s a 1 in 100.

LOL flaps at 20, aim for the big white blocks.

Bullshit. Anyone who has ever used a flight simulator with feedback controls could do it with some coaching.

The new internet games are so lifelike, you could use them for flight sim's as training for a license IMO.

Besides, that's a fucking Cessna lol. Literally like flying a rubberband plane comparably to a 747 or something huge.

rrrr

Reaction score
beleive the guy that landed that ended up buying the plane and flew it for some time
He owned the plane and had hired the pilot that died. He also had a single engine license and therefore pretty much knew what to do.

rrrr

Reaction score
Bullshit. Anyone who has ever used a flight simulator with feedback controls could do it with some coaching.

The new internet games are so lifelike, you could use them for flight sim's as training for a license IMO.

Besides, that's a fucking Cessna lol. Literally like flying a rubberband plane comparably to a 747 or something huge.
That Cessna 208 is a turboprop powered fourteen passenger aircraft, a little more involved than a four place Cessna with a 200 HP engine.

Tank

Reaction score
He owned the plane and had hired the pilot that died. He also had a single engine license and therefore pretty much knew what to do.
He luckily had more skill than someone that didn't know shit but I wouldn't say he pretty much knew what to do. You listen to that whole audio, he really doesn't know much. Mostly because the advanced equipment in the aircraft. He'd gotten his pilot license in a cesna 18 years prior and hadn't piloted since!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That Cessna 208 is a turboprop powered fourteen passenger aircraft, a little more involved than a four place Cessna with a 200 HP engine.

You got a computer powerful enough to run the latest flight sim? Get a the top notch feedback flight controllers too...joystick, plane wheel and pedals.

You can fly fighter jets and helicopters in Battlefield games that are more realistic than the flight sims!

Try it, and tell me you could not fly that little thing after playing around with the sim for a few days...it has like 30 planes.

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
You got a computer powerful enough to run the latest flight sim? Get a the top notch feedback flight controllers too...joystick, plane wheel and pedals.

You can fly fighter jets dude.

Try it, and tell me you could not fly that little thing after playing around with the sim for a few days...it has like 300 planes and helicopters.

Except the real one will kill you IF you make a mistake. The sim lets you try again lol

traquer

Reaction score
Badass. I wonder if he can log some hours as Pilot in Command in his logbook if he decides to learn to fly lol

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Except the real one will kill you IF you make a mistake. The sim lets you try again lol

I've spent quite a few hours flying various things in many sim games, flying as a passenger in a Piper Cub a few times for a little real world experience.

Always wanted to learn to fly Helicopters.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I've spent quite a few hours flying various things in many sim games, flying as a passenger in a Piper Cub a few times for a little real world experience.

A helicopter seems like it’s the one constantly trying to kill you lol. I went for a wild ride in Hawaii on one and it was the most impressive exhilarating flight I’ve ever done. The helicopter was like a Ferrari. No way would I want to pilot one though. Pilot seemed like he was apart of the craft. He was awesome.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
That King Air story is well worth watching/reading. An amazing example of the right people, at the right place and at the right time. Yes, he went on to later own the King Air. He did some outstanding charitable things with that aircraft.

traquer

Reaction score

Helicopters scare the crap out of me! Especially the non-turbine ones. One accidental negative G maneuver and your rotor falls off on the 2 blade birds. Or you blow a hole in the side of the block and you need to land asap, better have the muscle memory down. Turbine choppers seem acceptable. But I'd take a cessna with wings any day of the week!

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Almost seems to amazing to believe. Guy sure was calm on the radio.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
They almost land them self. The guy that landed it had taken lessons, but not solo’d.

fmo24

Reaction score
We got to fly a b2 simulator and I crashed on landing lol. So ya simulator gives you multiple chances

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Nothing lands itself. Buddy had a 172, 182, and a Piper Lance - I flew all of them. Even under ideal conditions, bringing it back is challenging - under bad weather or pressure situations, difficult. The ability to listen, focus, and have the right coaching is paramount to surviving

rrrr

Reaction score

You can fly fighter jets and helicopters in Battlefield games that are more realistic than the flight sims!

Try it, and tell me you could not fly that little thing after playing around with the sim for a few days...it has like 30 planes.
You're embarrassing yourself. Video games aren't flying. Have you ever been in a Level D simulator with three axis motion? I didn't think so. And that "little thing" is big enough to have a folding boarding ladder inside the pilot door that has to be used to get in the airplane.

Havasu Catman

Reaction score
In the mid 90's I decided to take flying lessons. I thought since I had owned and had driven a lot of fast cars, boats and motorcycles that it would be a piece of cake and I would have it down in no time. That was not the case, it was a very humbling experience. Flying adds a third dimension that I was not used too. It is hard to explain but as you approach the runway and your loosing altitude it takes a while to keep airspeed and altitude in check. High or low, fast or slow. I can tell you for sure I could not have landed that plane with no prior experience. Maybe I might have walked away from it but it wouldn't be without event.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
My question is did the pilot survive?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
You're embarrassing yourself. Video games aren't flying. Have you ever been in a Level D simulator with three axis motion? I didn't think so. And that "little thing" is big enough to have a folding boarding ladder inside the pilot door that has to be used to get in the airplane.

Don't judge me on your own shortcomings.

I'll do the same back. You don't know me, or my abilities, nor my entire experiences.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
LOL, yes. I was thinking:

"My Pilot has gone incoherent"

H20Toie is a pilot?