WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HO Vertical Air - CLONED!

boat527

Reaction score
I bought and sold a Vert Air last year but made a pattern of it wanting to find a better solution.. Talk has been they break.

The first one I made was a Connelly Eclipse 70 in.. Nice and wide like the Vert its stiff and turns and jumps pretty well... So I had this Old Brad ( 70 also) collecting dust..

My most recent is a HO 70 in Turbo graphite with the Aluminum top... Stiffer yet than the Connelly... eenee, meenee minee moe.... Which one should I ride today?

I'll post the reviews after vacation..

Vert:
HOVA3.jpg

The three stooges:

IMAG0138.jpg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Find an Ho magnum. Cut that down. That's what the very air came from originally. As close as you can get to a vert air. ;)

boat527

Reaction score
Well.. The Connelly is the exact width as the Vert... The Turbo is within 1/8in ... We'll see... Hey, it says you're BANNED... We shouldn't be speaking,,,:)

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Well.. The Connelly is the exact width as the Vert... The Turbo is within 1/8in ... We'll see... Hey, it says you're BANNED... We shouldn't be speaking,,,:)

Find a magnum whack about 8" off and you will have a vert air. ;) I have two of them ;) as well as a couple vert airs.

Nailhead

Reaction score
I've got a couple of magnums to play with plus some wide woodies. What about binding placement after cutting them down?

norcalLmo

Reaction score
Has anyone ever taken a Maha race ski and cut it down to a 70" for a trainer? If so, how do they handle? Thanks!

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
is a mach 1 a close match

I have made them out of a magnum and a tnt... I was told the mach 1 has a different bottom but the magums, tnt, and vert airs all came out of the same molds.

reelnauti

Reaction score
anyone know the difference with the mach?
have a late 72" mag but is a great offshore slalom at that length so a tad reluctant to cut that one down
skis aren't as easily come across this side of the pond

boat527

Reaction score
Without having them side by side, but having skied on HO Extreme and Mach 1, I think they are both narrower cut than the Magnum.

this is a 67 but I think a 70 would be too narrow:

Template measurements are based on a 64 inch ( 63 really) Vertical Air

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

Reaction score
im afraid not, my name is chris

Nice to meet you my name is Carl, you have a few people making Very nice skis on the other side of the pond I actually ski on one of them. You can pm me if you need more info.

reelnauti

Reaction score
Thanks guys, think ill not bother with the mach
An unfortunately im from the UK so not aware of any good skis from this part

reelnauti

Reaction score
thanks for that, im looking to try and get hold of a few maha fastbacks/360's to bring back too, its going to be a large package when im done
anone know much a bout a jobe nexus, looks a big ski

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
thanks for that, im looking to try and get hold of a few maha fastbacks/360's to bring back too, its going to be a large package when im done
anone know much a bout a jobe nexus, looks a big ski

Are you currently here in the US? A quick search of Craigslist yielded one 72" HO Magnum

boat527

Reaction score
Are you currently here in the US? A quick search of Craigslist yielded one 72" HO Magnum

And some wonder why I build my own.. This ad is from a SoCal craigslist for a Vert Air $ 850! I have built 3 for under $ 300

HO Vertical Air RARE - $850 (westlake village)

The Ski is in great condition and is ready to be skied on. The bindings are still soft and do not have any cracks on them.
Call or Text if interested

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/boa/4567855337.html

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Vert airs are insane the price they fetch. I have two mags in storage that I'm gonna cut down.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
And some wonder why I build my own.. This ad is from a SoCal craigslist for a Vert Air $ 850! I have built 3 for under $ 300

HO Vertical Air RARE - $850 (westlake village)

The Ski is in great condition and is ready to be skied on. The bindings are still soft and do not have any cracks on them.
Call or Text if interested

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/boa/4567855337.html

Vert airs are insane the price they fetch. I have two mags in storage that I'm gonna cut down.

Yep,, they are kind of crazy. I skied on one a few times when they were "new",, and honestly didn't like them that much.

Bruce Manchan

Reaction score
Which of the HO magnums are preferable to cut down? The earlier models? Will the magnum extremes work as well at 72" long???

boat527

Reaction score
Which of the HO magnums are preferable to cut down? The earlier models? Will the magnum extremes work as well at 72" long???

I'd probably use the 72.. mine was a 70..it's ok for young skiers and those under 180 lbs or so but it turned out a tad short for me..guess that's why they call it r & d. The Connelly works better for me. It was a 72.

reelnauti

Reaction score
I'd probably use the 72.. mine was a 70..it's ok for young skiers and those under 180 lbs or so but it turned out a tad short for me..guess that's why they call it r & d. The Connelly works better for me. It was a 72.

I use a 72 full length and really enjoy it, but would like to find one to cut down
There is an O'Brien sequence for sale in uk, anyone know much about these? they look pretty wide and have good shape
Personally believe though the best ski on sale right now is the HO free ride, just seems to be the skis for all occasions.

Play and trick ski wise, anyone ridden a Radar delirium? look very vert air syle

gravels

Reaction score
[ QUOTE=reelnauti;1923088]I use a 72 full length and really enjoy it, but would like to find one to cut down
There is an O'Brien sequence for sale in uk, anyone know much about these? they look pretty wide and have good shape
Personally believe though the best ski on sale right now is the HO free ride, just seems to be the skis for all occasions.

Play and trick ski wise, anyone ridden a Radar delirium? look very vert air syle[/QUOTE]

gravels

Reaction score
Find an Ho magnum. Cut that down. That's what the very air came from originally. As close as you can get to a vert air. ;)
Hi Chris I just bought a HO Mag on E Bay want to cut it down do you know how much to take off Tail and do you Move bindings ? can I Buy template ?? thank you Dan 949-606-6724

boat527

Reaction score
Hi Chris I just bought a HO Mag on E Bay want to cut it down do you know how much to take off Tail and do you Move bindings ? can I Buy template ?? thank you Dan 949-606-6724

i have one but its kind of used.. PM me your email address and I'll send you what I have.

YaYR8BnuUNsS3T4jAeh0I70G9NsFzXdzGpFhLyxq9dE9=w1617-h914-no

Maestro

Reaction score
I pick these up and was wondering if anyone could tell me about these tho skies. Good, bad, characteristics?

Left ski is a Voit. Right ski is a Murdock.

Attachments

• murdock.jpg
    murdock.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 177

boat527

Reaction score

obnoxious001

Reaction score
And now Radar has started making their own Clone: RADIUSED EDGED 63 IN ( no concave, oh darn)

Oh yeah, and the Delirium with full boots is $ 630 Retail!

Hmm,, why the heck no concave?

JB795

Reaction score
Bushy 360 Clone. Trying to figure out binding placement as well. I believe the front binding measures to back approximately 26-27 inches. The ski seems to ride on tail. Need some input. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boat527

Reaction score
Bushy 360 Clone. Trying to figure out binding placement as well. I believe the front binding measures to back approximately 26-27 inches. The ski seems to ride on tail. Need some input. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take a measurement of all ( or some) of your play skis from the heel of your front binding.. divide it by the overall length of the ski.. you'll get a .44 or ..437 or whatever... It's the number that you're comfortable at, ski wise. Everyone is different.. don't forget that.. Guys like Mawer, Haig, Schoen, , Wells... ALL have a different stance that suits their style.. use YOURS...

Get the number, take your overall length of your clone and start there, ski on it, adjust it until you're comfortable..

Last edited:

Smglamis

Reaction score
What is a mint vertical air worth? Located on Parker strip

Last edited: