WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hole in the bottom of my new boat

N of the rvr

Reaction score
I ordered a new boat this year and picked it up a couple weeks ago. When I get it home I crawl all over it to check it out. Every thing looks great, but I found what looks like a hole right by where the prop shaft come through
the bottom of the boat. It looks like the they filled the hole with resin. My question is, was this a screw up that they tried to fix or is this maybe a pilot hole or something they use in rigging to get things lined up? image.jpg

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Looks like a flaw / pop in the gel coat to me. No big deal.

doubleeagle

Reaction score
Looks like a small air void between the Gel and laminate no big deal a little patch paste and will be good as new. Well in this case better than new. It happens even in the best builders most of the time they will try to catch them before delivery.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Agree with what's been said above. They can do a quick repair and dab some gel there.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What kind of boat is that? Pretty cool how they recessed the prop shaft.

N of the rvr

Reaction score
What kind of boat is that? Pretty cool how they recessed the prop shaft.

I ordered a Sanger Barefooter DXII. We are skiers and spend all of our time at the house boat so I thought it was time to get some thing that suited our needs a little better. I sold my hallett 210 and a couple other boats I had and ordred something new. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg View attachment 391654 View attachment 391654 image.jpg

RodnJen

Reaction score
Dig it. Nothing like skiing behind a good ski boat.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I have the same boat, but a `96. Love it! 20 gallon fuel capacity is my only bitch. A pair of 350# bags on either side of the motor will give you an excellent wake for wake boarding and 2 more seats.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
I have the same boat, but a `96. Love it! 20 gallon fuel capacity is my only bitch. A pair of 350# bags on either side of the motor will give you an excellent wake for wake boarding and 2 more seats.

I don't think the new boats require bags anymore???

Aren't they all equipped with some kind of wake throwing system?

N of the rvr

Reaction score

We don't have any wake boarders in the family, only skiers and barefooters so no bags for us. This one has a 29 gal tank. The last DXII I had only had 20 and we couldn't make it through the day

N of the rvr

Reaction score
I don't think the new boats require bags anymore???

Aren't they all equipped with some kind of wake throwing system?

No wake throwing system on this one, but it does have a "barefoot Plate" for a nicer table image.jpg

dread Pirate

Reaction score
We don't have any wake boarders in the family, only skiers and barefooters so no bags for us. This one has a 29 gal tank. The last DXII I had only had 20 and we couldn't make it through the day

I wonder if I can get an upgrade? Time to call Sanger. :thumbup:

I hear you on the bags. Just so you know the wake with a little weight is excellent.

H20, the DXII is a ski/barefoot boat with no ballast tanks. It just happens to make a great crossover boat that everyone can ride behind no matter what they strap into. It also has a cavern of storage under the deck.:D

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

:bowdown:

Boat211

Reaction score