WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Holy balls.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Snow came early this year.

20181014_213623.jpg
20181014_213425.jpg

Propane tanks are full, so is the shop fridge. Lol...

See you fools come spring. :cool::cool:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Would it be impolite to say the water wasn't too bad on the river this weekend? :rolleyes:I have to pull out the bikes and get them fired up for winter...but this was the last ditch, last minute water trip!

rrrr

Reaction score
The first real cold front of the year is expected to cross over DFW in a couple of hours. The forecast says heavy rain for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, with totals of 8-10".

The Dallas area received almost 12" of rain in September, a new record for that month. On Wednesday and Thursday of this week, the rains totaled 3-5" in some areas.

Year to date recorded rainfall at the National Weather Service DFW airport official station is around 41", well above the full year average of 33". We still have ten weeks before the end of the year.

All indications of the weather patterns around Dallas point to an expected record amount of rainfall.

It's going to be a wet winter. I haven't seen any specific predictions of rainfall amounts, but every forecast says it's going to be significant.

As I'm finishing up this post, the thunder and lightning has suddenly become intense.

Boom! Over and over.

boblins

Reaction score
;)

Brrrraaaaaaaappp!

I smell snowmobile season :cool:
Not trying to compete, but we have had at least 4 way too early snowfalls of mention (more than a couple of inches) beginning the second week of September this year. Day that we head south can't come soon enough (have to wait a few more weeks as only allowed so many days per year by US govt).

Headless hula

Reaction score
Not trying to compete, but we have had at least 4 way too early snowfalls of mention (more than a couple of inches) beginning the second week of September this year. Day that we head south can't come soon enough (have to wait a few more weeks as only allowed so many days per year by US govt).
How far into Canada are you?

JD D05

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.:(

I would be burned out of boating if I did it all year. Plus it helps to have a hobbie you like more than boating during the winter.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Holy huge paddles!
Funny we were just looking at old snowmobile pics.
My last sled was an Indy 650 set up for ice drags. We lived on a lake and there was limited snow.
We called ourselves the "Hood's Up Gang". Everytime we went out someone was wroking on their sled
Even traveling into Wisconsin we were going further north to find good trails.
With the crappy winters and winterizing the boat for 6 months we decided to move to AZ.
20181015_125746 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
Holy huge paddles!
Funny we were just looking at old snowmobile pics.
My last sled was an Indy 650 set up for ice drags. We lived on a lake and there was limited snow.
We called ourselves the "Hood's Up Gang". Everytime we went out someone was wroking on their sled
Even traveling into Wisconsin we were going further north to find good trails.
With the crappy winters and winterizing the boat for 6 months we decided to move to AZ.
20181015_125746 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

Awesome pics! The riding out here is very different. Here is a video I took a couple years ago on a decent day.

braindead

Reaction score
That's more like snow plowing!

How deep is that?

B-RAD77

Reaction score
Awesome pics! The riding out here is very different. Here is a video I took a couple years ago on a decent day.

That's why we are headed to Havasu wednesday night, I'm not ready for winter just yet 30 degrees this morning...... I'll miss ya buddy

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
The first real cold front of the year is expected to cross over DFW in a couple of hours. The forecast says heavy rain for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, with totals of 8-10".

The Dallas area received almost 12" of rain in September, a new record for that month. On Wednesday and Thursday of this week, the rains totaled 3-5" in some areas.

Year to date recorded rainfall at the National Weather Service DFW airport official station is around 41", well above the full year average of 33". We still have ten weeks before the end of the year.

All indications of the weather patterns around Dallas point to an expected record amount of rainfall.

It's going to be a wet winter. I haven't seen any specific predictions of rainfall amounts, but every forecast says it's going to be significant.

As I'm finishing up this post, the thunder and lightning has suddenly become intense.

Boom! Over and over.

Lake Travis down here in Austin is up 8ft compared to 2 weeks ago and still rising. It's gonna be wet all over Texas!

JD D05

Reaction score
That's more like snow plowing!

How deep is that?
Probably about 2 feet on top of the base. Not that deep really...I am 6'3 and have had the snow blow over my head standing on my sled...greatest feeling ever

rrrr

Reaction score
Lake Travis down here in Austin is up 8ft compared to 2 weeks ago and still rising. It's gonna be wet all over Texas!

In 2015 when the winter rains started, Travis was down 70 some feet. Lake Lavon, down the road from me, was at 11% of capacity.

Since then all of the lakes around here have been pretty much full. The Corps is releasing a bunch of water from the Lavon dam. I haven't checked Texoma's elevation lately.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
In 2015 when the winter rains started, Travis was down 70 some feet. Lake Lavon, down the road from me, was at 11% of capacity.

Since then all of the lakes around here have been pretty much full. The Corps is releasing a bunch of water from the Lavon dam. I haven't checked Texoma's elevation lately.

Yep was here for that. 2 major storm systems about only a couple of weeks apart pretty much filled it all the way up. Some poor idiot turned his truck into a submarine twice. Kept parking it next to the water. I also remember flying home right after that and it seemed like every dfw area lake was over full. TX weather is crazy

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Park City had a day last week that got almost a foot and another 3" on Sat. Hope this is a sign of things to come this winter.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Just a warning shot over the bow.....:D
More than likely. Long range (90 day) forecast says warmer than average temperatures. That usually means snowfalls up to eaves...

When its colder than hell, it generally is too cold to snow. Lol...
Either way, the hula hut is warm and well stocked. ;)

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Leaves are falling here fuck it going fishing AM anyone want some trout:)