WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Home Alarm System.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Since the world is turning to shit and the LAPD are gonna be on scooters because they lost 80 cars in the last week and won’t have $ to replace them I figured I’d add a system at the house. Do I need monitoring? Or just doors and windows?
What’s everyone using?

sintax

Reaction score
whats the goal of the alarm system?

If the police is "too busy" to answer a call, or you're not using monitoring, whats the goal?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Not sure how an alarm system is effective anymore as they all depend on 2 things: a siren to scare the intruder away :rolleyes: and the police responding quickly enough to catch or chase the intruder. Hard to see how this would happen in this climate.

I'd suggest video cameras a guns

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

If the police is "too busy" to answer a call, or you're not using monitoring, whats the goal?

My alarm went off a couple months ago in Havasu. AC guy tripped it. 3 cops cars within 10 minutes according to my neighbors. Got a call from the alarm company right away. $22 a month is worth it when I'm 300 miles away.

sintax

Reaction score
My alarm went off a couple months ago in Havasu. AC guy tripped it. 3 cops cars within 10 minutes according to my neighbors. Got a call from the alarm company right away. $22 a month is worth it when I'm 300 miles away.

oh totally, I wouldnt question that, or if the OP said he lived in any smaller area. LA on the other hand? its bad enough now, and hearing they just had their budget drastically gutted, which the chief already announced they'll likely be laying people off? cant count on it

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

Would you mind sending me the information of who you use? $22 a month is a great price!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Dogs, cameras and guns.
Neighbors with the same.
Firesafes anchored for when you're not home. I don't fault the badges, but when things are as they are, it may be hard for them to respond in a timely manner. Hard to protect property when you aren't there. When you're there, it's more about protecting lives of your family...property is secondary.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score

Do when my wife and daughter are home alone and little deterrent along with the dogs and 3 cameras I already have.

gqchris

Reaction score
Jeff get the Ring system. Integrates with the cameras if you already have. Love mine and its monitored. The girls love it when Im gone.

One2go

Reaction score
Use ADT at home and its so so for about 70-80 monthly. My business office I use simpli safe ,cheap do it your self wireless but does about the same as the ADT. $26 to monitor a month. Has cameras and smoke ,glass break,smoke all for few hundred bucks initial cost.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I have door / window sensors on all doors and window. Glass break in sensor in house. Ring cameras all over exterior and now 1 in kitchen. 2 Large dogs.

And the 2 pieces of shit still broke into my house last June.

Can't believe they are taking money away from the police department. Fuckin looting scumbags

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I forgot to add I have Vivint. $40 a month. Wifi and built in cell in panel if wifi goes out. Thats one adavantage over Ring or DIY set ups.

Also forgot, most important. Loaded Ruger P345 with light/laser combo and hollow points loaded in pistol quick access safe.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Just got the ring system.

Guess it doesn't matter if we don't have a police force

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk