WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Home blueprints

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
My realtor came through yesterday. When we originally looked at our new house, we were told that the original blueprints we're in a closet, and we saw them, but didn't open them. Fast forward to moving in and the box that I had seen with the prints is no where to be found? We asked and asked but nothing ever amounted and I figured it was a lost cause.

Well, our realtor stopped by yesterday cause somehow she got them back! 30 year old prints! I'm hoping to have this page framed and hung somewhere inside. Made my day coming home yesterday 👍👍
Screenshot_20200826-183404~2.png

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Cool!!! Old school blue “blueprints” and hand drawn. Our house remodel drawings were done about 9 years ago. I was shocked that the architect did it by hand. He was just about to retire and did not convert to CADD. There were black though. The days of smelly drawing rolls will never be appreciated by the future generations. LOL

cofooter

Reaction score
My realtor came through yesterday. When we originally looked at our new house, we were told that the original blueprints we're in a closet, and we saw them, but didn't open them. Fast forward to moving in and the box that I had seen with the prints is no where to be found? We asked and asked but nothing ever amounted and I figured it was a lost cause.

Well, our realtor stopped by yesterday cause somehow she got them back! 30 year old prints! I'm hoping to have this page framed and hung somewhere inside. Made my day coming home yesterday 👍👍
View attachment 915919
That would be kooool!!!!!

RichL

Reaction score
Cool!!! Old school blue “blueprints” and hand drawn. Our house remodel drawings were done about 9 years ago. I was shocked that the architect did it by hand. He was just about to retire and did not convert to CADD. There were black though. The days of smelly drawing rolls will never be appreciated by the future generations. LOL
LOL

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
My house and property had drawings for everything when I bought it. The daughter kept it all and would not let me have any as they were done by her dad. I would have been happy with copies if I could have gotten my hands on them.

I have access to a 42" scanner and 48" plotter at work, it would have been easy.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
My house and property had drawings for everything when I bought it. The daughter kept it all and would not let me have any as they were done by her dad. I would have been happy with copies if I could have gotten my hands on them.

I have access to a 42" scanner and 48" plotter at work, it would have been easy.

Shouldn't the city still have a set on file? You could probably get duplicates from them.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Shouldn't the city still have a set on file? You could probably get duplicates from them.
I am county, the house was built in 56, at the county records, there have been several moves and, I believe, a fire in the 70's.
I have worked with the county on my rental next door built in 54. It got to the point that they were jamming me up over the 54-56 three year window, they were trying to say that a massive remodel could in theory have been performed within this timeframe even though they didn't have any records indicating anything had changed. They just didn't have the original records. I even got records from the county tax board showing that nothing in intended use changed, the tax records supported me, but the county was addiment that it was possible to have a massive change of use including remodel during this time and no one's records but their own would vindicate this. But they could / would not generate the records. Can we say circular logic? There was no indicator or reason for this assumption and nothing like that happened but the county actively wants to condemn every structure in the delta so they play these games...... If it gets condemn it, the county / state / whacko enviro group can buy it cheap.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score

I got all 17 pages! 👍👍

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I finished my house, or should I say- moved in a year and a half ago (Are they ever done?). I had a second copy of the house plans, grading plans, and shop plans made. I’ll be framing them and putting them up in the shop. If I ever sell it, I’ll leave them up on the wall. I also have several hundred photos and even time lapse video of the grading. It’s a neat thing to have when you buy something custom

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
When we bought our house in the harbour the seller handed me a roll of prints, not just for my house but for all the houses in the development. It also included each house's positioning with the initial setbacks, and carried the wet stamp from the City of Huntington Beach circa 1974. I immediately had the pertinent pages scanned, stashed the rest for safe keeping. As we did battle with the city over the remodel plans they had numerous objections and basically told us that the house had been moved from it's original location. To their amazement I produced copies of the originals, something they "claimed" to have never seen. The house sits exactly as shown in the prints, most all objections were then dropped.

Included was a page from the builder that covered an option replacing the entrance foyer with an upstairs family room, my house was ordered at that time with this option. The city was arguing that this had been an unpermitted change, again I produced a 1974 document. Objection dropped.

I'd like to say the documents were worth their weight in gold, even at today's prices, but they've been worth much more than that.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
When we bought our house in the harbour the seller handed me a roll of prints, not just for my house but for all the houses in the development. It also included each house's positioning with the initial setbacks, and carried the wet stamp from the City of Huntington Beach circa 1974. I immediately had the pertinent pages scanned, stashed the rest for safe keeping. As we did battle with the city over the remodel plans they had numerous objections and basically told us that the house had been moved from it's original location. To their amazement I produced copies of the originals, something they "claimed" to have never seen. The house sits exactly as shown in the prints, most all objections were then dropped.

Included was a page from the builder that covered an option replacing the entrance foyer with an upstairs family room, my house was ordered at that time with this option. The city was arguing that this had been an unpermitted change, again I produced a 1974 document. Objection dropped.

I'd like to say the documents were worth their weight in gold, even at today's prices, but they've been worth much more than that.

This is exactly why I permit EVERYTHING. Never know how things will be down the road or arguments by some Karen