WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Home gym flooring

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The RDP Braintrust has an answer for everything, so hopefully someone can offer some insight...

We're building a new home and one of the rooms will be a dedicated gym room. We want a quality flooring and was hoping someone might be able to suggest a company or what to look for. I've been looking at rubber flooring and am intrigued by some of the ones that come in a color other than black (our dog sheds a shitton and the fur will drive me nuts), but color isn't a deal breaker...

Whatcha got, inmates?

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The RDP Braintrust has an answer for everything, so hopefully someone can offer some insight...

We're building a new home and one of the rooms will be a dedicated gym room. We want a quality flooring and was hoping someone might be able to suggest a company or what to look for. I've been looking at rubber flooring and am intrigued by some of the ones that come in a color other than black (our dog sheds a shitton and the fur will drive me nuts), but color isn't a deal breaker...

Whatcha got, inmates?

If you're going to have machines I'd think going with concrete and using rubber flooring where youd be using free weights or what not would be a better option. Keeps the machines and their movements from tearing up the flooring.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're going to have machines I'd think going with concrete and using rubber flooring where youd be using free weights or what not would be a better option. Keeps the machines and their movements from tearing up the flooring.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
The room will be finished with plank tile flooring underneath, so we're looking to cover the entire room with something that will protect the tile. I should have mentioned that - doh!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This is black, but super easy to clean. We got it off of Amazon. ZenSports exercise mat. Comes with edging so you can buy multiple sets and piece together.
JPEG_20200508_214025_1308445206303159320.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CobraDave

Reaction score
Against what you want but stall mats from Tractor Supply store is what many people use. I have them in my garage and they are super dense and heavy. But black.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
Check these guys out. We have a 450 sq ft gym with original parquet wood flooring and will probably put this down. It looks great. I kind of like the tan with flecks, but they have lots of colors in tile and rolls. Cheap stuff smells like hell and crumbles, pay the extra. This place will send samples.

Last edited: