WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Home made Gasser

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Pretty cool little build this guy did. Pulled up to the gas station I was at. 406 pump gas small block with 4 speed manual.
Frame is out of a Datsun truck. His dad has owned the body since the 60’s I think he said. Used to be a 4x4 on 35’s, and decided to do this with it.
15A46F04-0E2D-4549-8C92-57144A0C7E2F.jpeg

51B3A867-B9C5-4FAC-B9E9-ED6E864C7714.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Pretty cool. It's a bit tall, but the wheel wells aren't hacked up which is cool. Be a handful when it gets loose :oops:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Have to disagree my kind sir...
41 Willys, the epitome of "Gasser"
Stone, Woods & Cook
proxy-image
Only car t shirt I ever bought. Got it at irwindale. My favorite team in the day.
Al most got to meet Cookie. Guy I wrenched with grandfather was friends with him and helped with the car some. I tried to get him to bring him by the shop but sadly he passed before it happened.
Stone and Woods were black. Cookie drove. Probably the first integrated race team. Loved the SWC Mustang also.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Only car t shirt I ever bought. Got it at irwindale. My favorite team in the day.
Al most got to meet Cookie. Guy I wrenched with grandfather was friends with him and helped with the car some. I tried to get him to bring him by the shop but sadly he passed before it happened.
Stone and Woods were black. Cookie drove. Probably the first integrated race team. Loved the SWC Mustang also.
From what I've heard from people, all three were cool. Wood's son got turned around in the last recession, and oft himself in the dealership he owned.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Wish I had more time to talk but he had his kid in the car, and apparently this was the first road trip. He went to the gas station to fill up. He said it had been around the block, but this was the maiden voyage. He did what he did, to take it to car shows and small cruises, and the stance was so it would do wheelies 🤩😎

boatpi

Reaction score
All of these short wheelbase cars are hell on wheels. Love the Willys!