WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Home Security Option

Don65

Reaction score
Looking to see what you guys are using for home Security services, I currently have Protection one/Adt and they are constantly raising their monthly service fees. Looked at Simplisafe and Vivint, but reviews are all over the place and I don't know if I should stick with a big name service or use one that you can buy at a big box chain store,

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
I have had Vivint for almost 7 years and I have no complaints. Not the cheapest monthly ($50.00) but always reliable and they have more features/options than I can use.

My two cents...

Looking to see what you guys are using for home Security services, I currently have Protection one/Adt and they are constantly raising their monthly service fees. Looked at Simplisafe and Vivint, but reviews are all over the place and I don't know if I should stick with a big name service or use one that you can buy at a big box chain store,

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I see you are in fountain valley. This is in our service area. [emoji106]

View attachment 737042

. We offer home security systems and can custom build whatever you need to work with exactly your needs and wants. Security, video, automation, smart home integration etc.

We do offer self installed systems as well

We offer Honeywell products.
IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snafu

Reaction score
Had the same issue with P1/ADT. Went through Alarm.com found a vendor in Riverside had my hardwire system updated and cut my monitoring rate almost in half (now $32 mo)

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Had the same issue with P1/ADT. Went through Alarm.com found a vendor in Riverside had my hardwire system updated and cut my monitoring rate almost in half (now $32 mo)

We have had zero demand for central monitoring once we started offering self monitoring. Our monthly never adjusts unless the customer adds services.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I love living in the sticks...Our home security system consists of three Ridgeback hounds, a fence line and several "scary black rifles"...that happen to be zeroed to, well, the fence line. Monitoring fees are paid in kibble!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Dealt with some poor guy Friday night. His fire/security system kept going off and dispatching us. When I say kept going off, I mean every hour... all night. We went out at about 9 pm an I told our alarm room not to send us back out as it was a system issue and owner was home. Then we went out again at about 4 am. Dude was about to completely lose his shit. Completely. I got on the phone with his customer service, which was undoubtedly somewhere camels roam the streets at night. She told me the fire marshal would come out and fix his system... um no. He ended up quite literally ripping the entire system off his wall and every sensor/beam/etc he could find and smash them on his garage floor as we all watched and laughed our asses off (including him). He was out for vengeance on every piece of this system.

So, I’ll swing by there on Thursday and get you the contact info.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Bought the Ring home system, $400 bucks you own the equipment, $10 a month. Was tired of paying ADT 70 bucks a month and always increasing their price. Oh..and I also have one of these if the ring doesn't work ;)

Attachments

• pup.jpg
    pup.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 72

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
People always ask my what I think about Ring and Nest smart home products..... This gives you an insight to whats happening with these products behind the scenes and why you want to stick with a Truly SECURE home system.

Don't be distracted by the shiny new "Nest" smart display that was just announced: Nest died at Google I/O 2019. "Google Nest" is the new reality now, where Nest is no longer a standalone company but instead is a sub-brand (not even a division) of Google. The shutdown of Nest as an independent company was announced in 2018, but the pile of announcements at and around I/O 2019 marks the first time we're seeing what the future of Nest looks like inside of Google.

Nest laid out its future in an ominously titled "What's Happening" page on Nest.com and a notice on the Works with Nest page. It sounds like a brutal outcome for users, who are looking at a dead-end ecosystem, potentially broken smart homes, and the shattering of the Google/Nest privacy firewall.

Meet the “Google Nest Learning Thermostat”

First up is Google's salvaging of the Nest brand as a general purpose smart home sub-brand. Just as Google has the "Pixel" brand for smartphones and laptops, it will now use the "Nest" brand similarly, so get used to saying and reading "Google Nest," which now means "a Google smart home product."

The first item announced under this new branding was the Google Nest Hub Max, a bigger version of the Google Home Hub smart display. The original Home Hub is getting renamed as well and is now the Google Nest Hub.

The new branding hasn't hit the Google Store yet, but dig through Google's help pages and you'll see that every Nest product has been renamed to "Google Nest." Now we have the "Google Nest Learning Thermostat," the "Google Nest Protect," "Google Nest Secure Alarm System," "Google Nest Hello" (this one is a doorbell), and the "Google Nest Cam IQ Outdoor." These are all a bit awkward and wordy, but they have nothing on the "Nest x Yale Lock with Google Nest connect," which is the actual name of a Nest door lock now.

The takeaway here is that since Nest is not a standalone company anymore, "Nest" doesn't get to be a standalone product brand anymore. Officially, it will always be "Google Nest."

Read more at…

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/05/nest-the-company-died-at-google-io-2019/

spark2678

Reaction score
Our simplisafe sysem works flawless and has all kinds of options. Use it for my house and RV garage. Pay $29/mo I think for monitoring.

spark2678

Reaction score
Our simplisafe sysem works flawless and has all kinds of options. Use it for my house and RV garage. Pay $29/mo I think for monitoring.

Install is piece of cake, all wireless. Batteries have lasted a few years now and no issues.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
We had Watchlight (800) 698-1160 for years for monitoring. Started out at $8.95/mo. And crept up to a whopping $12.95/mo. They were Johnny On The Spot. Power outage trip the alarm, they called, sensors tripped, they called. Error message on keypad, they called. I thought they were awesome.

"Lucky's Wife"

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Wyze $0.00 zero nada per month

I’ll be notified when they come to house any angle, in the home.

If I’m not home I can speak on app through the camera... if I’m boating and miss all that - it recorded it all ... I have insurance ....

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Wyze $0.00 zero nada per month

I’ll be notified when they come to house any angle, in the home.

If I’m not home I can speak on app through the camera... if I’m boating and miss all that - it recorded it all ... I have insurance ....

Same here. I have no complaints. Cheap!

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
If out of contact of ADT just tell them you want to cancel and do it. They will call you back a few days later. I was at $50. Contract ended. Canceled and they called. Now at $14 a month. Full function, on phone, warranty.

MohavValley

Reaction score
We have had zero demand for central monitoring once we started offering self monitoring. Our monthly never adjusts unless the customer adds services.

What is self monitoring?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
What is self monitoring?

Self monitoring means instead of having a Call center monitoring your system calling you, and then calling police, fire, etc. you get the alerts and you call the authorities if needed.