WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Homemade boat.

jbird

Reaction score
Been following the build. Very cool. I can only imagine the manhours put into it.

I hope to see him at LOTO

Riverryder

Reaction score
That’s so fuckin talent! Wow! They didn’t say what motors but looked like it has a snail on it?

Wait looked back. Notice the controls looked to be thos of seadoo boats.
One of the boats you can see it’s gonna be a jet boat! That’s crazy! Haha

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
That’s so fuckin talent! Wow! They didn’t say what motors but looked like it has a snail on it?

Wait looked back. Notice the controls looked to be thos of seadoo boats.
One of the boats you can see it’s gonna be a jet boat! That’s crazy! Haha

Yea it says twin 300hp seadoos

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I would think.... if he ran a direct drive ( think Thai long tail boat ) that that boat with 600 hp would run well into the 100’s.

getch

Reaction score
The scale compared to a "full size" cat is awesome. Its deceiving until you see them standing next to it.

Jetboatjosh

Reaction score
Badass! Boat looks great.
I want one for Blythe haha

jesco

Reaction score
SWEET BABY JESUS that is BADASS!!!! Dude has some serious talent!

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Intake for the jets will likely be a problem. The Trident Revolution suffered from this issue in lumpy water. When the intake comes out of the water, it loses the ability to push the water through the jet drives. Swapping to a Bravo drive fixed it. On smooth water though, it should be pretty awesome.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
The lines of the boat look perfect. I just wonder how much it ended up weighing as there is a ton of wood in it.

Custom_Cat-006.jpg

Custom_Cat-017.jpg

I guess at this point he has an awesome plug, and if the boat works somewhat well he could pull a mold from it and then build a boat with conventional lamination. 👍

Roosky01

Reaction score
The lines of the boat look perfect. I just wonder how much it ended up weighing as there is a ton of wood in it.

View attachment 1143191
View attachment 1143190

I guess at this point he has an awesome plug, and if the boat works somewhat well he could pull a mold from it and then build a boat with conventional lamination. 👍
If that ever happens I think it would be a take my money moment for a lot of peeps, myself included. It would be awesome to be able to buy that hull finished and rig it yourself. :cool:

If it performs that is...

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Intake for the jets will likely be a problem. The Trident Revolution suffered from this issue in lumpy water. When the intake comes out of the water, it loses the ability to push the water through the jet drives. Swapping to a Bravo drive fixed it. On smooth water though, it should be pretty awesome.
Pumps unloading out that far could be a problem with yaw.
Ribs and stringer look pretty light. Wonder what he skinned It with? A couple of off shore boats bitd were wood. Named Apache or Warpath or similar. Very light and very fast.
It looks like it may have been cnc cut ribs?
That guy could make a killing if he sold plans or cnc cutting schedule. All the dreamers would by them. Hell I might!
Beats the glen l catalog!

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I like the motors. Wouldn’t take much to build surface drives.

76sanger

Reaction score
How about miniature/mini bravo drives, or arnesen surface drives custom made? I mean it's all custom anyways, go for it.

85RiverRAT

Working my way up!
Reaction score
Been following the build. Very cool. I can only imagine the manhours put into it.

I hope to see him at LOTO
If you could, please post were you have been following the build. I couldn't easily find anything. I'm interested in seeing the progression.

Super bad ass build. Will be following the LOTO live feed extra close this year, should be a great run to watch.

I am still waiting for the next video from Mr HỒ Thánh Chế , he is redoing the last build, and making it a twin jet boat, upgrading from the surface drive.

Both these guys make me feel like a lazy ass!! LOL.

Really appreciate the skill, resourcefulness and determination. Super cool boat content!

Reaction score
If you could, please post were you have been following the build. I couldn't easily find anything. I'm interested in seeing the progression.

Super bad ass build. Will be following the LOTO live feed extra close this year, should be a great run to watch.

I am still waiting for the next video from Mr HỒ Thánh Chế , he is redoing the last build, and making it a twin jet boat, upgrading from the surface drive.

Both these guys make me feel like a lazy ass!! LOL.

Really appreciate the skill, resourcefulness and determination. Super cool boat content!

Search Barracuda Powerboats in Google or Facebook. I've seen detailed updates there.

lenmann

Reaction score

View attachment 1143191
View attachment 1143190

I was thinking exactly the same thing, in all glass with modern lamination schedules, resin transfer, coosa structure and coring this thing could be pretty bad ass. It sure as hell is pretty.

Of course who knows if big boat hydrodynamics scale down well?

lavey jr

Reaction score

View attachment 1143191
View attachment 1143190

Looks like it was light enough to flip over with 4 guys by hand

BAD3C99A-6C52-4570-97C8-C21746F0CF00.jpeg
0272A170-8732-4436-A337-F15838A357EE.jpeg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The lines are badass!! But I too worry about the intake placement. Looks like it is higher than the bottom of the sponsons and too far forward to work effectively.