WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Homeowner's Insurance

LuauLounge

Reaction score
This morning I get a letter from Natiomwide that they are not renewing my policy after 25 years because I have a "Wood Roof" . I do, it's a Fire Treated 30 year Extra Heavy Shake Roof that was installed 20 years ago. I have another home and 5 autos with them as well.
Any recommendations for companies or agents?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Change the roof , you’ve now been blackballed. I’d be surprised if any other insurance co took you on .

DaBank

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a 40 year old custom built home by the beach with 4 different flat roof levels on his house. This is a 5 million dollar home and he has not had insurance on it for a year because his insurance company cancelled him and no other insurance company will insure it until it has a new roof. He redid the roof 15 years ago and now to redo it with new roof updates/codes that the insurance companies want is $500k plus.

beerrun

Reaction score
Try travlers ins we are in a high fire area and they wrote us when no one else would and rates are decent

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
This morning I get a letter from Natiomwide that they are not renewing my policy after 25 years because I have a "Wood Roof" . I do, it's a Fire Treated 30 year Extra Heavy Shake Roof that was installed 20 years ago. I have another home and 5 autos with them as well.
Any recommendations for companies or agents?

Where are you located? Used to be in that world might have a recommendation for you.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I have Safeco, they don't seem to ask too many questions. Bundled everything and their rates seem pretty good, at least for me.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Located in Sacramento, the house has had a shake roof since it was built in 1974. It’s known as Pocket/Greenhaven area is surrounded on three sides by the Sacramento River.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
So, I am going with State Farm. According to the agent, who has been in the area for over 50 years, the roof is not an issue. Moving all my vehicles and 2 homes over, going to cost Nationwide almost 10k in premiums.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So, I am going with State Farm. According to the agent, who has been in the area for over 50 years, the roof is not an issue. Moving all my vehicles and 2 homes over, going to cost Nationwide almost 10k in premiums.
Glad you got it handled.👍
Nationwide obviously wasn't on your side😡

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We just switched to State Farm from Farmers after they doubled our policy costs over 3 years with zero claims. Went from $2470 a year to $1375 :D You might be hosed on the wood roof. I thought they banned those?