WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HOnda Ad

OC Mike

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing

Honda ad

And you thought those people that set up rooms full of dominos to knock over were amazing.
There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in this film. Everything you see really happened in real-time exactly as you see it.
The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn’t work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day.
By the time it was over, they were ready to change professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete, including full engineering of the sequence.
In addition, it’s two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime.
However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad paid for itself simply in “free viewings" (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!).
When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation - including the costs. There are six and only six hand-made Honda Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film.
Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) is part of those two cars. The voiceover is Garrison Keillor.
When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real. Oh, and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Have you seen the geeky nerds who participate in that Domino tv show?🤓🤓
It is nice to know we do still have some bright minds within our borders.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I call bullshit! That tire rolls backward and then forward again? The second to last tire? Unless that belt is moving I guess🤷🏻‍♂️ cool vid, but I'm sure the price of that "commercial" is added into the cost of the new car... not worth it.. jmo

I have been intrigued with kenetics since my first game of "mouse trap".. but I have a couple concerns with this vid.. but again, pretty cool

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I call bullshit! That tire rolls backward and then forward again? The second to last tire? Unless that belt is moving I guess🤷🏻‍♂️ cool vid, but I'm sure the price of that "commercial" is added into the cost of the new car... not worth it.. jmo

Yup. I question that too.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Ancient history...this was a decade plus ago...lol...still amazing though!

OC Mike

Reaction score
Ancient history...this was a decade plus ago...lol...still amazing though!
Yes it is.
It was sent to me and I quickly cut and pasted including the commentary without adding my comments.

Should have added some as I had seen it years ago.
Still thought it was cool today and figured gear heads would appreciate it..