WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Honda talon. Swing and miss....pics!

riverroyal

Reaction score
Why would honda spend so much money to create something so cheesy. I cant see how this hold up
Maybe theres a market in this price point?
I took these today
20190510_164924.jpg
20190510_164913.jpg
20190510_164905.jpg
20190510_164851.jpg
20190510_164844.jpg
20190510_164836.jpg
20190510_164829.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to this thing and saw one up close at boatshow in Long Beach. I was seriously disappointed.

I’ve been a Honda fan for life but this thing sucks compared to a rzr

2Driver

Reaction score
The program manager should commit Hara Kiri.

Geez they make some of the nicest bikes, nice cars and a private jet and then raise the curtain on this contribution knowing fully well what’s going down with Polaris and Canned Ham

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
IMG_5053.mov
Textron Wildcat XX is way better at that price point

riverroyal

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to this thing and saw one up close at boatshow in Long Beach. I was seriously disappointed.

I’ve been a Honda fan for life but this thing sucks compared to a rzr
Its real disappointing in person. It really looks weak. Meaning its gonna break, a lot!
Im sure the power plant is solid, about it though.

Honda could have done better.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Disappointing is that bullshit 2 grand Ridenow markup... goddamn I fucking hate Ridenow... full disclosure wife is 2x customer I refuse to support them

Backlash

Reaction score
Good grief that's scary. I am not a fabricator by ANY means but jeeeezus, I can weld better than what I see on those A-arms using a cheap-ass flux core 110 volt welder. Honda should be embarrassed at the obvious lack of quality with these things.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Good grief that's scary. I am not a fabricator by ANY means but jeeeezus, I can weld better than what I see on those A-arms using a cheap-ass flux core 110 volt welder. Honda should be embarrassed at the obvious lack of quality with these things.
In person its real bad. Like a pep boys toy. I shoulda taken more pics up close

Sandlord

Reaction score
Damn, the sheet metal tabs on the shock mounts look pretty thin.

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
That price tag cracks me up, freaking RideNow are bunch of Dbags. DEALER ADDED COST. i.e. We're telling you we're going to take your money and give you absolutely nothing in return, and you're stupid enough to fall for it. Even if you can get us to wave that fee you're still paying sticker.

I think for their first sport SXS Honda did ok. There's definitely room for improvement but its a solid start. That DCT Trans is light years better than the Rzr belt drive. Honda plays everything super conservative it'll take a while to get this thing evolve.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Ride now are the worst piece of shit fucking crooks I’ve ever worked with. In most locales they wouldn’t stay in business but in the Southwest they run the show so everyone is fucked. I would drive across the country to buy from another dealer before I would ever give them a fucking dime of my money.

riverroyal

Reaction score
That price tag cracks me up, freaking RideNow are bunch of Dbags. DEALER ADDED COST. i.e. We're telling you we're going to take your money and give you absolutely nothing in return, and you're stupid enough to fall for it. Even if you can get us to wave that fee you're still paying sticker.

I think for their first sport SXS Honda did ok. There's definitely room for improvement but its a solid start. That DCT Trans is light years better than the Rzr belt drive. Honda plays everything super conservative it'll take a while to get this thing evolve.
I dunno. Honda is aware of the SxS market and how it changes quick. This thing would be ok in 2010.
I did see Kawasaki has new unit coming out There has been some patent drawings released.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Seems like for a non turbo 2 seat the Wildcat XX is the top of the heap still?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They built the Pilot and odyssey back in the day. Both of those were ahead of their time. This is behind the times

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is this ride now thing everyone is talking about?

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
Dealer. They bought house of motorcycles in vista now. They are all over Phoenix
They bought up almost everybody in PHX, they even own Harley dealers here. It sucks that we don’t really have many choices locally.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Id go yamaha. I drove the paddle shift version. Super fun strong machine. Built pretty damn solid

The paddle shift deal seems fun. The couple guys that I’ve talked to with them, love them.

I’m surprisingly satisfied with my RZR 1000 4 seater so far.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
A buddy of mine flogged the shit out of his new one for 200 miles over the weekend. He loves it. Keep in mind, Honda has a bit more of an engineering dept than most, and also a bit of off road experience. I'd hold judgement for a bit.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Honda is smart. Bet they will have their own line of race parts.
90% of buyers will end up buying "upgraded" parts anyhow. Those that don't the stock components will be adequate.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I got a chance to drive one. I think right out of the box it handled and the suspension worked better than my2019 turbo rzr. It’s a little fugly but think it will hold its own.

HCP3

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Ever seen Honda's "truck" (Ridgeline)? o_O

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Ever seen Honda's "truck" (Ridgeline)? o_O

Why the scare quotes... the Ridgeline is actually a good little light duty pickup. Great for how most people use an F150 without the F150, if you know what I'm saying.

HCP3

Reaction score
Why the scare quotes... the Ridgeline is actually a good little light duty pickup. Great for how most people use an F150 without the F150, if you know what I'm saying.

Trucks have solid rear axles and more importantly payload capacity.

Edit: It's a crossover SUV with a truck bed.

Last edited:

termiteguy

Reaction score
Trucks have solid rear axles and more importantly payload capacity.

Edit: It's a crossover SUV with a truck bed.
My buddy has one I tease him when he calls it a truck no it's a dam car lol

riverroyal

Reaction score
A buddy of mine flogged the shit out of his new one for 200 miles over the weekend. He loves it. Keep in mind, Honda has a bit more of an engineering dept than most, and also a bit of off road experience. I'd hold judgement for a bit.
Good point. I love hondas. Guess i was expecting something more. Maybe simplicity was the plan

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Talon performs pretty good for a 120 HP. That's Honda. Get the most out of the engine and then the real transmission is a plus.
The Talons RZR style driver position and pop sickle stick suspension turns us off.
I like the X3 and YXZ's driver positions.

All this past season we dealt with taco'd front ends from people in our Off road group. Always Rzrs and from the simplest of dips.
The Honda looks like it has the same potential, hope I'm wrong.

Kurtis hit a slight small dip and taco'd his front end. We think Rzrs take a few hits like that then finally fold up:
His friends abandon him out there and I just happened to be driving by. I went back to camp got straps and tools, notified our reliable friends and we got Kurtis back to camp: