WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HONDO

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
More old stuff I found in an old file,from boat show when I was shopping for my Hondo.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bad Ass!!!

I love that picture of PufnStuff.. Was that in copper canyon back in the day?

RD

randyjet

Reaction score
Boy does that bring back memories I remember that boat it was always cruising at the canyon. I miss those days and ducking around the corner for a quick pass cant do that any more.

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes that is copper canyon back in 97. What a killer place back then. New to this forum. Very nice Dave:thumbsup

Sleestak1

Reaction score
Anyone have anything on Hondo Outboard Hulls? Building this one and theres no Hull ID numbers any where to be found. I'm thinking 69 or 70.

awsmdad1

Reaction score
I registered just to reply. Cool boat.

My father bought a 69 Hondo new with a 125 Merc. Whole family learned how to ski behind that thing. I live in Texas now, brother inherited it - he's in California. Can't look at it, but I'll tell you everything I remember from the years of crawling on, over, through it.

Dads boat had the same paint pattern, except it is red and gold. Two low back seats with a bench in back. Seat and bench frames are marine plywood. Seat cushions pulled out. Does not have the same motor mount, no data plate (Just the "Hondo" plate on the right side of the dash). Dad added a pair of built in side tanks - fuel selector under rear bench.

Before you put any money or time into that boat, I'm inclined to warn you about a few items you will find out when you get it in working order.

First, you will feal EVERY wave you go over, I emphasize this. At speed over chop your fillings will work loose.

Second, you will get wet. I promise. On plane every wave will send spray over the side. Kill the throttle and the wake will spill in over the stern.

Third, not for the meak. A decent wave at speed will seperate the boat from the water. Tight turning at speed causes more skidding then turning.

You have the only other outboard Hondo hull I have seen. I realy loved that boat. Have a lot of good memories. Take care of it.

Sleestak1

Reaction score
I registered just to reply. Cool boat.

My father bought a 69 Hondo new with a 125 Merc. Whole family learned how to ski behind that thing. I live in Texas now, brother inherited it - he's in California. Can't look at it, but I'll tell you everything I remember from the years of crawling on, over, through it.

Dads boat had the same paint pattern, except it is red and gold. Two low back seats with a bench in back. Seat and bench frames are marine plywood. Seat cushions pulled out. Does not have the same motor mount, no data plate (Just the "Hondo" plate on the right side of the dash). Dad added a pair of built in side tanks - fuel selector under rear bench.

Before you put any money or time into that boat, I'm inclined to warn you about a few items you will find out when you get it in working order.

First, you will feal EVERY wave you go over, I emphasize this. At speed over chop your fillings will work loose.

Second, you will get wet. I promise. On plane every wave will send spray over the side. Kill the throttle and the wake will spill in over the stern.

Third, not for the meak. A decent wave at speed will seperate the boat from the water. Tight turning at speed causes more skidding then turning.

You have the only other outboard Hondo hull I have seen. I realy loved that boat. Have a lot of good memories. Take care of it.

Thanks for the info, thats great stuff. We picked this up a few monthes ago out in Palmdale for $250.00 The seats where missing and no motor, no hull ID other than the Hondo name plate on the dash. We've had the metal flake green which was original re shot and clear coated and added the jack plate for the motor. Our intention is to race this in a local outboard class called COR 100. this is a class for 15 to 17 ft boats running either a mercury inline 6 or omc v4 of 99 cubic inches. We currently have a 1986 Merc 115 being put together for this. We're looking forward to putting in the water and finding out what kind of speed we get out of it. Our has a fin on the bottom of the hull just behind the seats, did yours have one? hopefully this fin keeps it from sliding out. If not we'll had a larger one.

Tim

Reaction score
SundayAugust0820103.jpg

DRC

Reaction score
LOOK MOM IT'S A HONDO! Thats a good pic ..... Dave&Tim Carranza Hondo #45 COR 100 classic outboard runabout.

Reaction score
so I just looked up COR 100 racing. I actually have a 16'7" Avenger with a 140hp Evinrude covered/hibernating in backyard but never knew it could be a Race Boat. :D

Sleestak1

Reaction score
There's a guy racing an Avenger with a Merc 115 in COR 100. Great class for someone to go race cheap. those little 16ft ski boats with the older V-4 and Inline 6's can be had for less than $2000.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do you have a closer picture of that Tach? That thing is bad ass!

RD

Schiada Flatty

Reaction score
Here's another old add I found. I'm a freak went flyer myself in my 79 Hondo sprint

dave29

Reaction score
Hondo did not make a bubble deck. It'e probably a Brendella made by Irv Brendel, the founder of Hondo but after he and his wife Peggy parted ways and Irv started Brendella.

78_Tahiti

Jet Boat Exerciser
Reaction score
Hondo did not make a bubble deck. It'e probably a Brendella made by Irv Brendel, the founder of Hondo but after he and his wife Peggy parted ways and Irv started Brendella.
great info, thanks! just starting on this project.

sexylines2.jpg hondo_1.jpg