WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Honest question for RDP...

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
My story is similar. I work for a company with unheard of benefits and excellent pay. A culture from the top down of "employee first". I thought about starting my own business about 10 years ago but didn't. I know this isn't the norm and for a lot of people the thought of working for someone turns their stomach. I've known a couple guys that worked for themselves for a long time and when their success came to end and were faced with going back to work for someone were paralyzed to the point of near financial ruin. Simply because they couldn't bring themselves to work for the man.

There are so many factors in career and life. One thing that is out of peoples control is the element of luck. haha... Hard work is also a key element but if you talk to any successful person there is an element of luck to their story, self employed or W2.
My buddy and were talking about that "luck" aspect. I've worked hard to get where I am, I am also very good with people and sales so doors tend to open for me. But I CANT contribute everything to that I've been lucky along the way and I would be arrogant to think I am not.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
my brother and a partner were buying homes out of state in Ohio for dirt cheap and putting about the same amount of purchase price into the rehab. anywhere from $20,000 to $30,000

renting out like said to Sec. 8 and some private pay.

it can work out but it can become a nightmare also. The key is to have a good property management company that will stay on top of issues...

for the most part private pay people eventually moved out or stopped paying along with section 8 tenants could not pay their portion. ( usually 50 to 200 dollars)

the bad part was once evicted or moved out the entire home had to be rehabbed again. another 15 to 20 grand...

also it took 3 to 4 months to finish the turnover. labor is on Hawaii time around there... slow as molasses ( so yore out 4-5 months of pay)

they learned also that turnoverd were alot more out of state , which is also not the best ( reinvesting back into properties constantly)

homes are good in the sense people desire them more , but upkeep is a shit ton more

apartment units would probably be better as far as maintenance cost and turnover cost.

That low cost home- sub 75k I won’t touch. I won’t touch anything unless it rents for minimum 1,000/mo. Three reasons. 1. Rent isn’t high enough to weed out shit tenants. Once you evict them for non payment you’ll need to rehab the house. Dealt with that once, never again. 2. A roof, HVAC, any major item or rehab costs the same as it does on a house that costs 2-3 times more. 3. Homes in this price range aren’t in areas that are appreciating as quickly as so many other areas.

The numbers on paper looks amazing, the real thing sucks. Leave that crap to slum lords, they don’t know any better.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
in Fargo nd o down on homes 167 same builder in Texas and minnesota o down same homes

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone else paying attention? I love to see guys chasing it snd especially making it!!