WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Honestly the best auto commercial ever made

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
This..and you never know who knows who, or is related to who. I've seen more than one brutal ass whooping in a zippy's etc.
Respect to the island style curb-stomp. Keeps assholes in their place. Run your mouth and expect consequences. The “mainland” could benefit from more of this.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I see on the news that the Taliban are big fans of the Hi-Lux.
7AB03123-BB28-418A-9247-037A88E027E9.jpeg

Got this from the FB post on here I think.

Backlash

Reaction score
Covered many different fronts with our little fleet. A few Toyotas, a few GM products, etc. The most reliable is probably the oldest. '88 Toyota. One owner, with all of the goodies one can get from Total Chaos, Deaver and King. 😎👊

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Rather interesting discussion aren’t ram trucks produced by parent company Stillantis? (Sp)

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Rather interesting discussion aren’t ram trucks produced by parent company Stillantis? (Sp)

I think in all reality you would be surprised what America actually doesn't own.

Toyota is considered an American car company. Done solely to avoid tariffs in the beginning however now employ 135k plus Americans. Design facilities to mfg to dealership operations. However while they employ I am certain they ship the bags of profits back home or they wouldn't have done any of this in the 1st place.

The one thing about Japanese manufacturers is they don't appear to be merger friendly such as Stellantis which is a big mess of brands if you ask me, all built on mergers. In fact nothing but a holding company owned Chrysler before Fiat. Serious limbo is an understatement IMO but there is money there now and possibly some stability. Do the profits stay here...I would say nope.

I have never owned a Japanese car but have owned 3 Isuzu NPR trucks and they were fantastic (Fuck You CARB). Our next SUV we will downsize and either Lexus or Acura will be purchased.

Stellantis - Abarth Alfa Romeo Chrysler Citroën Dodge DS Fiat Fiat Professional Jeep Lancia Maserati Mopar Opel Peugeot Ram Vauxhall 300K employees world wide.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Volkswagen made the best car commercial of all time IMO.
So love this!!! Was kinda bummed to find out it was actually a spoof. An Ad agency did it independent of VW who was never involved.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I think in all reality you would be surprised what America actually doesn't own.

Toyota is considered an American car company. Done solely to avoid tariffs in the beginning however now employ 135k plus Americans. Design facilities to mfg to dealership operations. However while they employ I am certain they ship the bags of profits back home or they wouldn't have done any of this in the 1st place.

The one thing about Japanese manufacturers is they don't appear to be merger friendly such as Stellantis which is a big mess of brands if you ask me, all built on mergers. In fact nothing but a holding company owned Chrysler before Fiat. Serious limbo is an understatement IMO but there is money there now and possibly some stability. Do the profits stay here...I would say nope.

I have never owned a Japanese car but have owned 3 Isuzu NPR trucks and they were fantastic (Fuck You CARB). Our next SUV we will downsize and either Lexus or Acura will be purchased.

Stellantis - Abarth Alfa Romeo Chrysler Citroën Dodge DS Fiat Fiat Professional Jeep Lancia Maserati Mopar Opel Peugeot Ram Vauxhall 300K employees world wide.

^^^^ quote from OCMerrill ^^^^
i’m not sure why this didn’t quote in the usual fashion.

It definitely gets confusing considering most if not all vehicles made today are built from parts sourced worldwide. It does bother me that the “quintessential American” jeep is owned by a foreign entity, but I’d still buy one. 🤗

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Trunk Monkey is the best...

But was that Marty McFly's black Toyota in there as well? LOL...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Proof that while maybe not a true domestic manufacturer, Toyota trucks are woven into our culture. Kinds of like the Beetle.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
It definitely gets confusing considering most if not all vehicles made today are built from parts sourced worldwide. It does bother me that the “quintessential American” jeep is owned by a foreign entity, but I’d still buy one. 🤗

One thing I have read about Stellantis....They have given a committed 10 years of capital to the Chrysler brand so it's full steam ahead for this brand at least.

I have a 2018 Ram 2500 I bought in 2019 when FCA was the MMFIC. This is basically the same thing as Toyota, Nissan, Hundai, etc. although Toyota is the only one named a USA car brand. I don't know why except Nascar and maybe the volume manufactured. :) Where that puts Stellantis I haven't a clue but I feel is American by default.