WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Honestly the best auto commercial ever made

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Tell me I’m wrong. Makes me proud of this country.

Features the Panda

E25D260D-00D4-4FA0-AA25-1ED970DDA1E9.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When they feature the truck of a guy who saved lives with his truck during the paradise fire by driving into the fire multiple times I find that awesome.
That truck, like Ivan's, is red blooded American by adoption, if not birth. Ivan's truck had skins to look 'Yota, and the motor, but the rest was pretty damn American. The Paradise fire truck was flogged into service by a stand-up American.
At least Toyota realizes that their product isn't what makes them great...it's how they are used that does.

Spectra32

NorCal Member
Reaction score
About 1/2 way through had a flashback to Ivan Stewart almost running me over on my ricer made RM 80 at Indian Dunes back in 84' .
Indian dunes. Wow, that brings back great memories. The family and friends would go in the early 70's dirt bike riding there. Thanks for the reminder.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Yeah, to the workers on the assembly line making an hourly wage it does. Overall profits still end up in Japan. Seen this argued over and over on other forums.
Well, just my opinion but when I drop 65k on a truck or car or whatever I would much rather it stay here. I would never tell you how to spend your money.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
So when I buy one the money goes to Texas? Honestly?

It employs American workers (7200 in the San Antonio area specifically)....which is more than I can say about RAM....my truck was fully built in Mexico...did the profits stay in Mexico? Not likely, Did American workers and their families benefit from the wages? Nope... You go on ahead and preach about "American" trucks that aren't built here anymore....but thats ok bc the corporate profits come "home" to their investors. So yea... 7200 families get supported by those Toyota Tundra jobs....but fuck it lets tell them to move those jobs out too bc they aren't an "American" company. GTFO of here with that UAW drivel. Nobody is telling you where to spend your money, however don't act like Toyota Tundra's are not US built, by American Workers...many of them veterans ;)

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
It employs American workers (7200 in the San Antonio area specifically)....which is more than I can say about RAM....my truck was fully built in Mexico...did the profits stay in Mexico? Not likely, Did American workers and their families benefit from the wages? Nope... You go on ahead and preach about "American" trucks that aren't built here anymore....but thats ok bc the corporate profits come "home" to their investors. So yea... 7200 families get supported by those Toyota Tundra jobs....but fuck it lets tell them to move those jobs out too bc they aren't an "American" company. GTFO of here with that UAW drivel.
Do you drive a tundra? Or a Mexican Ram Like I do? Lol.

HBCraig

Reaction score
It employs American workers (7200 in the San Antonio area specifically)....which is more than I can say about RAM....my truck was fully built in Mexico...did the profits stay in Mexico? Not likely, Did American workers and their families benefit from the wages? Nope... You go on ahead and preach about "American" trucks that aren't built here anymore....but thats ok bc the corporate profits come "home" to their investors. So yea... 7200 families get supported by those Toyota Tundra jobs....but fuck it lets tell them to move those jobs out too bc they aren't an "American" company. GTFO of here with that UAW drivel. Nobody is telling you where to spend your money, however don't act like Toyota Tundra's are not US built, by American Workers...many of them veterans ;)
Hahaha. Okay. Didn't mean to insult your Mexican truck. I take it back. ;)

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I drive a 1 ton Mexican Shitbox. Honestly if they made a tundra heavy duty truck I'd probably buy one. Next to diesel trucks, you see more tundra's here in texas than anything.
So does the OP. Two in fact. Lol. But I agree. But I’m sure a Tundra 3500 diesel would be 90k+

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
So does the OP. Two in fact. Lol. But I agree. But I’m sure a Tundra 3500 diesel would be 90k+

Oh im sure...hell a new one ton Mexican shitbox is in that range already... I've owned a couple Toyotas...they actually make great long lasting stuff. Back in HI, they are by far the king of vehicles.

Hahaha. Okay. Didn't mean to insult your Mexican truck. I take it back. ;)

🤣 The UAW are solely responsible for the US vehicle production leaving, as unfortunate as it is.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Do you look down at a marine when he killed a Taliban with m9 beretta built in Italy. Fuck. No. Americans can take something made somewhere else and do Americans things with it.

and for the record I don’t own any Toyotas but was a service manager at one a long time ago.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Oh im sure...hell a new one ton Mexican shitbox is in that range already... I've owned a couple Toyotas...they actually make great long lasting stuff. Back in HI, they are by far the king of vehicles.

🤣 The UAW are solely responsible for the US vehicle production leaving, as unfortunate as it is.
Because HI has a huge Japanese population. ;)

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my experience is that the newer American built Toyota’s don’t hold a candle to the older Jap built models. I think that’s more of a corporate engineering issue than an American assembly issue.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Love to see the Hawaiian style toys back in the islands. I’ll be back in 2 weeks.

I had a 94 that I built, straight front conversion, 6" lift, 15x14 Wheels, stretched boggers, 5.29's, 4runner interior swap, big stereo and all like 10+ years ago. It got stolen near Hawaiian Brian's..never found any of it. It was one of the only times I ever drove it to town..pretty much always kept it around Kaneohe except for truck cruises.

There are some mean trucks over there..not everyone is into the style but there is a lot of money that goes into it. Check out sandy's on the weekends usually some guys cruise over there. The music video for one of Koauka's songs had my truck in a couple of the shots 🤣 :cool:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Because HI has a huge Japanese population. ;)

While they do...the reason why Toyota is so big in Hawaii is because of Servco, and their distribution rights. They own the vehicle market, control import/distribution, and wield a lot of power locally. Not just on vehicles, appliances etc. If you ever need toilet reading...its an interesting story that goes back to around 1910.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I had a 94 that I built, straight front conversion, 6" lift, 15x14 Wheels, stretched boggers, 5.29's, 4runner interior swap, big stereo and all like 10+ years ago. It got stolen near Hawaiian Brian's..never found any of it. It was one of the only times I ever drove it to town..pretty much always kept it around Kaneohe except for truck cruises.

There are some mean trucks over there..not everyone is into the style but there is a lot of money that goes into it. Check out sandy's on the weekends usually some guys cruise over there. The music video for one of Koauka's songs had my truck in a couple of the shots 🤣 :cool:
Nothing like the island style Hiluxes lifted on chevy 12” springs with 44” boggers or TSLs running 31s for DD duty lol.

edit: grew up on Guam, lmao.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score

You sir, are a true islander. Haole I assume. Congrats brotha. Lmao.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
You sir, are a true islander. Haole I assume. Congrats brotha. Lmao.

Haole as they come..I used to get some looks jumping out of my truck lol. Lot of Hawaiian family, I spent a lot of my childhood in Kahalu'u. Most all of my family lives on windward Oahu. My mom splits her time between there, Molokai, and AZ. My wife is from Mililani...

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Haole as they come..I used to get some looks jumping out of my truck lol. Lot of Hawaiian family, I spent a lot of my childhood in Kahalu'u. Most all of my family lives on windward Oahu. My mom splits her time between there, Molokai, and AZ. My wife is from Mililani...
Been there, done that. Protect the motherland.
Edit: don’t have to be a true blood islander to appreciate the islands.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Fucking haole! Get off my island! Lol.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I uses to train with an MMA/UFC guy from HI. Great dude, nice as they come but can kill you.

Still chat with him frome time to time. Egan Inoue

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I uses to train with an MMA/UFC guy from HI. Great dude, nice as they come but can kill you.

They don’t fuck around on the islands. Disputes are handled with combat, lol.
Good times. Fuck around and have cousins and uncles waiting outside the gates after school.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score

Had some bros from Guam who trained. Fokai/ purebred gym. Inoue was legit.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Funny thing is..even living in texas, pretty much the people we hang out with regularly are all from Hawaii..some we knew previously, some we met here. Guy that built are house is from big island actually lol.

I think we derailed this one successfully lol
Same here in PHX, still keep the island family close.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
They don’t fuck around on the islands. Disputes are handled with combat, lol.
Good times. Fuck around and have cousins and uncles waiting outside the gates after school.

This..and you never know who knows who, or is related to who. I've seen more than one brutal ass whooping in a zippy's etc.