WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Honokeana Cove, Maui...

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Anyone ever been? Looks great online but we all know the internet is not the greatest for unbiased opinion. It’s next to Napili Bay, a 5 minute walk to a sandy beach. Thousands less than Napili (next bay on the right)
AF4C53FE-DD6A-4C8B-AB79-3764DB37909E.jpeg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Great cove to snorkel. Usually lots of turtles [emoji217]

Sorry, no help on the accommodations right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BTR

Taboma

Reaction score
Anyone ever been? Looks great online but we all know the internet is not the greatest for unbiased opinion. It’s next to Napili Bay, a 5 minute walk to a sandy beach. Thousands less than Napili (next bay on the right) View attachment 991128

Snorkeling looks awesome, beach appears rocky, but easy stroll next door to lay on the sand. We've never used our room accommodations on any of the Hawaiian islands as a "Hang-Around" resort. We're always out and about, sight seeing, and always have our snorkeling gear in the trunk, so we can stop anywhere we find a cool spot.
We're not the type to just hang out by the pool, way to many sights to see and places to visit. Hell, one year we rented a trailered 14' Zodiac from a guy and my wife and I launched it and ran it out to the Molokini Crater, spending hours snorkeling, then ran it back to the island, found an isolated cove and had lunch. But let me tell you, those afternoon winds in that channel can get brutal, the run back to the launch ramp was an " E " ticket experience . :eek:
Have Fun seeing, hope the local fish don't know you've got their cousins in a tank. 😂

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Anyone ever been? Looks great online but we all know the internet is not the greatest for unbiased opinion. It’s next to Napili Bay, a 5 minute walk to a sandy beach. Thousands less than Napili (next bay on the right)

Not a real great beach but thats easily fixable, good views. If you have the chance while there, take the ferry over to Lanai and spend part of a day.

22hotkat

Reaction score
We stay at Napili Bay 2 X year until last year. The bay your showing is a green turtle sanctuary and you can find YouTube videos on how to get in and out of the water. There in no sandy beach those are rocks you see at the east end of the bay. We walk down to that bay either on the road or the ocean side and snorkel. great snorkeling one of the best on Maui. We stay at "The Napili". Its small old and funky but for the most part doesn't allow kids. The Napili is private owners and the rooms are 400 sqft, no AC and no windows, just shutters. It's the closest to the water and not having AC was never a problem.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
We have stayed at Napali Shores several times which is to the right in your pic. Have strolled over to the rocks on the right and watched for the turtles and see some of the idiots trying to maneuver getting down those rocks to the water. This cove is just a minute walk from Napali Shores. The HUGE sandy beach of Napali Bay is within crawling distance from where we stay. My sister has been staying at Napali Shores for years and years, twice a year. She knows that Island like the back of her hand and it's great going with her. She was about to commit harry carry last year not being able to go, both dates had to cancel.
You might check out Napali Shores and a tip "Macadamia Nut Pancakes"

37 boat

Reaction score
We have stayed at Napili Point right there at the top of your picture a few times. I think it's a great spot...snorkle with the turtles in Honokeana (BTW it's not too difficult to get into the bay unless you're elderly or extremely uncoordinated) or walk a couple hundred yards to a great sandy beach at Napili Bay. Definitely do the Macadamia pancakes at Napili shores. Any of the resorts around Napili Bay seem to be pretty layed back and quiet.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
West Maui is our favorite place to vacation. We usually stay in Kahana. Napili is a great spot, don't know that particular place though.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Never stayed there but drove up to “the Gazebo” in the top right corner of your picture for some great breakfast.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Seasoned vets of Maui, traveling there on Wednesday and staying in Wailea. What are the things we need to have on our list? Currently planning on doing Haleakala sunset, road to hana, Molokai helicopter tour, and molokini snorkeling.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Little Beach north of Makena Beach. Head over or around the big rock cliff. It will be memorable!

Lahaina is touristy but a fun trip. Maybe keep going up to Kapalua..

Everyone wants to do the road to Hana. But its a long freakin windy ass road. There are some cool beaches along the way. Various colored sand..

If you want to play golf and not spend a fortune, the Waiehu Municipal Golf Course is only $53.

Shane Skolil

Reaction score
Sweet spot. I live on Maui, kihei. Go to maui brew in kihei. Good beer and food. I’ve got a 26 foot cat if you want to fish and drink beer.

Attachments

• 61714382-C633-4228-BE03-2A035B277ABB.jpeg
    61714382-C633-4228-BE03-2A035B277ABB.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 58

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Sweet spot. I live on Maui, kihei. Go to maui brew in kihei. Good beer and food. I’ve got a 26 foot cat if you want to fish and drink beer.
I just might hit you up on that. Thanks.