WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hoover Dam shut down... standoff

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Barricade+Hoover+Dam+gunman.jpg

BOULDER CITY, Nv. (WHSV) — An armed man has reportedly barricaded himself inside an armored vehicle on the Hoover Dam bridge, shutting down traffic and leading to a massive police response.

Nevada Highway Patrol confirmed that an armored vehicle blocking the lanes on the bridge closed US 93 in both directions.

According to the patrol, the man is possibly armed. Witnesses at the scene have posted photos, saying the vehicle has notes taped to it requesting President Trump to "release the reports."

Arizona Highway Patrol, Boulder City police and Las Vegas Metropolitan Police also responded to the incident, which began around 12 p.m.

Federal police are en-route, according to FOX5 Las Vegas" target="_blank">according to FOX5 Las Vegas.

All pedestrians were ordered to evacuate the area, and local news stations report police are attempting to remove all vehicles from the bridge as well.

buck35

Reaction score
What reports? ?
Been out of the loop for a bit.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
What’s he know that we don’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i had to guess, i think the best way to explain it is with a reference to The Matrix.... dude took one too many red pills.

Super talented fabricator, I see him all the time, he did a lot of work for guys that i also do work for. He used to work like 3 doors up from my shop.

He traded a badass pre-runner for that armored truck probably 3 or 4 months ago, i was kinda thinking to myself "Why the fuck would you trade your prerunner for that gas guzzling pig?"....

He's not some kind of maniac, just a hard workin dude that pretty much kept low key and let his work speak for itself... Sometimes people do dumb shit without thinking through the consequences.

Reaction score
If i had to guess, i think the best way to explain it is with a reference to The Matrix.... dude took one too many red pills.

Super talented fabricator, I see him all the time, he did a lot of work for guys that i also do work for. He used to work like 3 doors up from my shop.

He traded a badass pre-runner for that armored truck probably 3 or 4 months ago, i was kinda thinking to myself "Why the fuck would you trade your prerunner for that gas guzzling pig?"....

He's not some kind of maniac, just a hard workin dude that pretty much kept low key and let his work speak for itself... Sometimes people do dumb shit without thinking through the consequences.

That's going to fuck up his summer. :)

Frankenmax

Reaction score
I live just off the 95 the last exit before Boulder City. This would explain the parade of sirens and air support. I was out in my garage playing with my wood.

707dog

Reaction score

to much acetylene fumes??? crazy shit:eek:

4Waters

Reaction score
I live just off the 95 the last exit before Boulder City. This would explain the parade of sirens and air support. I was out in my garage playing with my wood.

Wagon Wheel, right

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
You mean like Shawn Nelson did in San Diego --- May 1995 --- "Have somebody get a hold of the Armory and see if this thing's loaded" :eek: "Can you see any way we can stop this thing ? " ---- "No I don't to be honest with you " :confused:

I've got my eye on a Black Hawk and a braggadocious pilot that is about to meet his maker if he doesn't comply!!! :D

milkmoney

Reaction score
Glad i got through there at 6:30 this morning, before this wack job did his thing [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Also they left the part out where he was screaming I'm going to blow this bitch up!!!! Standing at the apex I didn't want to find out how well ole pat Tillman was built. I tried to get everyone off as we were the furthest on.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Also they left the part out where he was screaming I'm going to blow this bitch up!!!! Standing at the apex I didn't want to find out how well ole pat Tillman was built. I tried to get everyone off as we were the furthest on.

We won't be seeing him around for a long time is my guess, this will be a federally prosecuted crime, and he had two fire arms with him aggravating it....

I wouldn't be surprised if me and my shop neighbor both get visits as well as both of us were in regular contact with the guy.

Like i said earlier, talk about waking up one morning and making one single decision, a very dumb one, that is gonna screw the rest of your life.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
We won't be seeing him around for a long time is my guess, this will be a federally prosecuted crime, and he had two fire arms with him aggravating it....

I wouldn't be surprised if me and my shop neighbor both get visits as well as both of us were in regular contact with the guy.

Like i said earlier, talk about waking up one morning and making one single decision, a very dumb one, that is gonna screw the rest of your life.
I hear you. Wonder what his agenda was?

Taboma

Reaction score

You hadn't suggested he visit the P&G Dungeon did you ? :eek: It could certainly have that affect :mad: A lot of folks could be getting a visit if the Feds take a hard look at that place :p

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

That's gonna leave you with a funny little feeling in your gut for awhile.

He might never be free again.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

Well,too bad the guy did not drop into your shop for coffee or bev yesterday.Sounds like he needed to talk to someone and seems you would have listened.No doubt if Authorities talk to you Racey the guy might catch a break and get the help he needs.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Well,too bad the guy did not drop into your shop for coffee or bev yesterday.Sounds like he needed to talk to someone and seems you would have listened.No doubt if Authorities talk to you Racey the guy might catch a break and get the help he needs.
Becareful with that statement. They are messed up right now and probably looking for a pat on the back. They might just swoop Racey up in the mix if it sounds like he aidded or abedded in any way shape or form.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Ok,lock the guy up and throw the key away.Small world,we have a snap shot from Racey that indicates somehow this guy snapped and could use some help.Not saying i would post his bail.

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Becareful with that statement. They are messed up right now and probably looking for a pat on the back. They might just swoop Racey up in the mix if it sounds like he aidded or abedded in any way shape or form.

Thankfully my relationship with him never went anything beyond one at a professional level. But yeah i'd imagine depending on how LE's interview with him goes, and how complete of a picture they get, will determine the extent to which they contact people that know him.

At least this went no further than a very stupid act of protest, and nobody was hurt.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
Things just got interesting today. Fox 8 news showed up at my house inquiring about MR.Wright. Turns out I now own his childhood home, I bought the place this spring. My wife was rather shocked because we’ve been following this story now it’s just a little closer to home. The fucked up thing is this is pretty mild considering the past excitement I’ve dealt with at past residences.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The reach of this board astounds me.

Things just got interesting today. Fox 8 news showed up at my house inquiring about MR.Wright. Turns out I now own his childhood home, I bought the place this spring. My wife was rather shocked because we’ve been following this story now it’s just a little closer to home. The fucked up thing is this is pretty mild considering the past excitement I’ve dealt with at past residences.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Buy houses from old people...they seem to not have the historical amount of drama in their life that you're experiencing.

I'm helping a couple in their 70's pack their thing over the course of the next couple weeks to move them out of the house I'm closing escrow on tomorrow....the wood paneling is small price to pay, based on your story.

Frankenmax

Reaction score
This is nothing, reporters showing up on my door step is child’s play. Years ago when I was in college I took a government job working with Uncle Sam. I was renting a house in the middle of nowhere from an older couple. The bank the next town over got robbed I was questioned by feds. A year later the feds showed up agin to arrest the local slaughter house owner because of ties in the Middle East. I was questioned again because I did a lot of side work in the area. Six months after that marshals showed up. That almost turned into little big horn. They tried to kick my door but they thought I had a bear in the house. It was just my English mastiff. They where looking for the son in law of the people I was renting from. Two months after that I was detained at the Canadian border because they couldn’t access my records due to my security clearances. Nothing surprises me anymore and I’m not old.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is nothing, reporters showing up on my door step is child’s play. Years ago when I was in college I took a government job working with Uncle Sam. I was renting a house in the middle of nowhere from an older couple. The bank the next town over got robbed I was questioned by feds. A year later the feds showed up agin to arrest the local slaughter house owner because of ties in the Middle East. I was questioned again because I did a lot of side work in the area. Six months after that marshals showed up. That almost turned into little big horn. They tried to kick my door but they thought I had a bear in the house. It was just my English mastiff. They where looking for the son in law of the people I was renting from. Two months after that I was detained at the Canadian border because they couldn’t access my records due to my security clearances. Nothing surprises me anymore and I’m not old.

Good god.. lol. I take it you don’t buy many lottery tickets..