WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hoping to get on the lake to water test dads new toy tomorrow....

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
IMG_9073.JPG
IMG_9075.JPG
IMG_9080.JPG
IMG_9079.JPG

Should be a good time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Congrats Chris and Steve.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Was this 290 stored on a hoist at Callville bay?

Also is that a 1000 with the trans in the standoff box?

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Was this 290 stored on a hoist at Callville bay?

Also is that a 1000 with the trans in the standoff box?

Yes I believe the boat was in Callville Bay. It’s a 710 Ilmor....

Andy01

Reaction score
Congrats to your dad, should be a fun boat!

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Congrats to your dad, should be a fun boat!

Thanks man. You will be getting the call to insure it......

Andy01

Reaction score
I think this one may give my family deck boat a decent run..... But won’t be enough

First call
“Son I bought a Hallett with a 710!”

You, second call “chris, chris do the stage 3 please” :)
J/k lol!!

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
First call
“Son I bought a Hallett with a 710!”

You, second call “chris, chris do the stage 3 please” :)
J/k lol!!

Stage 3 has been done for awhile.....[emoji41]‍♂️[emoji570]

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The stand off seems to bring the X wayyyy down. Curious how well it runs out, great looking dinghy

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Boat looks bad ass! That x does look really low.. could be the pic though?

Looking forward to hearing how it runs!

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Boat looks bad ass! That x does look really low.. could be the pic though?

Looking forward to hearing how it runs!

Thanks! I agree the X looks low, soon we will see how it performs.....

spectras only

Reaction score
what is the transom angle on the 29? That could be an issue if it's a high negative. Could take it off and sell it;) Looks though the keel is still below the horizintal plane of the drive!? It's a big boat that needs all the prop area getting the boat on plane.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Would the seller be named Darryl? Looks just like an old friends boat but I can't remember his power package.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Would the seller be named Darryl? Looks just like an old friends boat but I can't remember his power package.

Last owner was named Steve in Vegas. Not sure if he was the original owner though.

dntnosht

Reaction score
Naw it’s not a 35’ Flame......‍♂️

The 35 flame only has a problem when a drunken fool is driving! However that bottom on that boat you have there has been discontinued because it's know to spin out and roll over with ease. You may want to do some research before you put your kids in that thing! Rather than knock the Flame you probably should have test drove that before you bought it.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
The 35 flame only has a problem when a drunken fool is driving! However that bottom on that boat you have there has been discontinued because it's know to spin out and roll over with ease. You may want to do some research before you put your kids in that thing! Rather than knock the Flame you probably should have test drove that before you bought it.
I had one of these 290's, drove awesome. Show us some references to what you are saying. . .

Joepump

Reaction score
It was the 245 that was scrapped.

dntnosht

Reaction score
This hull was scrapped. The new hull is at Nordic. Completely different than this. Call IMCO and ask them how their's ran. That boat is what ended Nick and Fred's friendship after 2 years in court. Nick settled the law suit out of court. All public record.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
This hull was scrapped. The new hull is at Nordic. Completely different than this. Call IMCO and ask them how their's ran. That boat is what ended Nick and Fred's friendship after 2 years in court. Nick settled the law suit out of court. All public record.
Sorry, I only go buy first hand accounts. I had the boat, it turned and handled perfectly. I believe the boat you speak of crashed in Mead, a lot of rumors flew around that situation.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Sorry, I only go buy first hand accounts. I had the boat, it turned and handled perfectly. I believe the boat you speak of crashed in Mead, a lot of rumors flew around that situation.

Dntnosht you need to be educated.

S and L I agree. This bottom is great all around. The new one built on it. I have driven both and would own either in a heartbeat.

The 245 and the 36 were POS designs. Leaned back and forth with ease when turning at all speeds. Friends of friends were pitched from a 36 making a 40-45 mph sweeping turn. Chris and I were talking I told him the same thing. Any boat can be driven in such a way to be dangerous. Just like any vehicle. Everything has limits.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Dntnosht you need to be educated.

S and L I agree. This bottom is great all around. The new one built on it. I have driven both and would own either in a heartbeat.

The 245 and the 36 were POS designs. Leaned back and forth with ease when turning at all speeds. Friends of friends were pitched from a 36 making a 40-45 mph sweeping turn. Chris and I were talking I told him the same thing. Any boat can be driven in such a way to be dangerous. Just like any vehicle. Everything has limits.
YUP ^^^^^

Devious_Chris

Reaction score

I have done my research and have no problem putting my kids in the boat. The flame also had a bad rap, I have owned Nordic’s and have no issues with the flame either.

As far as test driving when you are in the business and buying wholesale you don’t test drive like the retail public, it’s part of the business.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I have done my research and have no problem putting my kids in the boat. The flame also had a bad rap, I have owned Nordic’s and have no issues with the flame either.

As far as test driving when you are in the business and buying wholesale you don’t test drive like the retail public, it’s part of the business.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

That is a very nice PC reply. Hahahaha

Devious_Chris

Reaction score

That is a very nice PC reply. Hahahaha

There is absolutely NO room for PC on RDP !

Okay let me try again....

I’m sorry if you dntknosht and can’t trust yourself to drive safely with kids in the boat. I would recommend you stick to pontoon’s and leave the performance boating to those of us who know the difference between family boating and driving fast. I have yet to find a boat that I can’t drive safely....... And I have bought MANY boats without a test drive! [emoji12]

How’d I do guys!?!? [emoji6]

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Okay last me try again....

I’m sorry if you dntknosht and can’t trust yourself to drive safely with kids in the boat. I would recommend you stick to pontoon’s and leave the performance boating to those of us who know the difference between family boating and driving fast. I have yet to find a boat that I can’t drive safely....... And I have bought MANY boats without a test drive! [emoji12]

Much better!!! Hahaha.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Okay let me try again....

WOW!!! Let me spell it out for you. . . R E S P E C T 4 U!!!