WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Horrible Accident near El Centro - 15 Dead

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
I hear you on immigration, but do you ever drive buy a field and see them working, its awful work bent over all day, nobody legally here would ever do it and it needs to be done and they are willing to do it.

Shows how brain washed people are by the B.S spewed out on media outlets. All the labors that I’ve worked with in construction in those regions, work in those fields too when work is slow. Ag harvest is not solely illegals picking our food lmfao... have friends that I’ve grown up with that have worked out there.... yes the work is not for the weak but it is there for everyone. An all of them that u see out there, have all some kind of papers/citizenship to be working in said fields.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Holy Shit, I have met good solid people from this forum, but reading this has me realize that some of you guys are so jaded from politics that your human factor is all but gone maybe?

15 people sprawled across a road. 10 more screaming, injured, scared. Families screaming. Have you ever witnessed such a scene?

I have seen 6 people in an MVA when I worked as an Emt in Vegas. Shit still haunts me. Was between stateline and Vegas. Horrific. The sights, sounds, agony.

I can 100% assure you kids and women were victims. My heart hurts for them and that.

I am a Repulican, my Dad fought two tours, my uncle who I am named after is a purple heart recipient.

Just my thoughts on this. I respect how others protect and voice their opinions though as well.

agreed.. some of these responses should really have these people doing some self examination of who they are, and what they are posting..

pretty callous shit..

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm a half breed. Grew up helping Pops on roofs. Worked with some illegals that eventually got green cards or citizenship. I don't know how they got here, or how long they'd been here. Not all are bad, not all want a handout. If they did, they sure as hell wouldn't have been on a lid, often in temperatures that are beyond Havasu in August, working with material that is 600 degrees, and sticks to your skin when it splashes...hell on earth, most normal people have no idea.

People died. They were breaking the law. It happens pretty often. There is no difference between a jackass breaking the law killing a truck driver, and a drunk white, black, asian...whatever...killing someone in a car accident. One person was truly at fault, the driver/coyote. Were the others breaking the law, yes. Did they make the decision to roll in front of the truck? I don't think so.

I kind of wonder, as others have said in a different light, about the truck driver. What if he wasn't as said here, somebody's mom or kid. What if he was an illegal? Or just a mexican guy? Would his life carry less value?

Starloans

Reaction score
The story is gone this morning from most MSM websites. It's a secondary story on Fox. It's just too much of a hot potato I guess. They would rather talk about Tiger Woods and Dr. Susse. This problem needs to be fixed so people don't die and our country is secure. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IMMIGRATION the legal way. But I guess there is no upside for politicians doing it my way.

HBCraig

Reaction score
15 people sprawled across a road. 10 more screaming, injured, scared. Families screaming. Have you ever witnessed such a scene?

I have seen 6 people in an MVA when I worked as an Emt in Vegas. Shit still haunts me. Was between stateline and Vegas. Horrific. The sights, sounds, agony.
I have witnessed a fatal accident right in front of me, my daughter and two other 17 year old softball players on my team. It's fucking horrific. Poor dude was lying on the shoulder gasping for his last breathe with a hole in his head. I wouldnt let any of my girls out the car. They saw it though and it fuckes them up for a few days

Dettom

Reaction score
What do you bet the Biden camp will send an envoy to the funerals of all the sardines packed into the Expedition? Just like when Obama sent people to the other shit shows..

Dettom

Reaction score
The story is gone this morning from most MSM websites. It's a secondary story on Fox. It's just too much of a hot potato I guess. They would rather talk about Tiger Woods and Dr. Susse. This problem needs to be fixed so people don't die and our country is secure. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IMMIGRATION the legal way. But I guess there is no upside for politicians doing it my way.
I say we start by hanging media members from trees..

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
They all got in willingly . . . at what point does a person say, "I'm good", after watching 12-15 -18 people pack into that thing in front of you???
. . . . did # 19-20-21-22 etc. say, "Make Room , there's more coming" . . . . ????
I get it, 'desperate times = desperate measures' . . . . but I also get 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes'.

'Darwinism'

gqchris

Reaction score
They all got in willingly . . . at what point does a person say, "I'm good", after watching 12-15 -18 people pack into that thing in front of you???
. . . . did # 19-20-21-22 etc. say, "Make Room , there's more coming" . . . . ????
I get it, 'desperate times = desperate measures' . . . . but I also get 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes'.

'Darwinism'
I get it. But understand the Coyote/Cartels calls the shots and you have no say. You must be delivered or the Coyote gets killed and vice versa.

Remember the immigrants come from a totally different culture. They ride families 4 up on mopeds like its normal every day life. So it probably didn't seem that out of the ordinary to be told to get in and huddle up. They are in a totally different environment. At this point in the trip automotive seatbelts and safety is the least of their concerns.

The only time they got to choose to be in the "game" was when they gave the 5k to the Coyote or Cartel to arrange the trip. After that , it is human trafficking and they have ZERO say on the game plan or how it is handled. Once you pay, there is no way to just say "I am done, let me go"

Just another perspective.

gqchris

Reaction score
I have witnessed a fatal accident right in front of me, my daughter and two other 17 year old softball players on my team. It's fucking horrific. Poor dude was lying on the shoulder gasping for his last breathe with a hole in his head. I wouldnt let any of my girls out the car. They saw it though and it fuckes them up for a few days

Can you imagine that multipled by 14 more people? I cant even begin to think of the triage and stress of that scene.

Sorry your girls had to witness that. Its one think to be trained and know what to expect. But to just roll up on stuff wrong place and wrong time is a fear I have for my girls also.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
From one of the earlier posted articles it looks like the big rig driver survived with moderate injuries, sad part is he will have to live with what happened even though it doesn’t look like it was his fault he will always second-guess and question himself. 😞

I think there’s a lot of miss placed anger about desperate people resorting to desperate measures.

The real blame is the fucked up government in Mexico that can’t seem to control the criminal cartels and create opportunity for people that are willing to work.

I don’t know what the solution is it’s just a sad deal that unfortunately happens all too often.😞

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Weren't some of you whining about how horrible it was to disparage GRADS when he had a health issue? Now you don't care that 15 people died in a horrible car accident?
I don't think it's that no one cares . . .I think it's built more out of frustration it happened in the first place.
Perhaps there might be some thinking that this is a direct result of the new administrations relaxed policies on immigration, and this is the first case in a new batch of immigrants. . . .right or wrong, I know that's a stretch, but people are still pissed at the election (including myself), and thus people are venting their frustrations.
Now, as far as the trucker being hospitalized just doing his job delivering a load of gravel and some bullshit SUV potentially full of illegals packed like sardines pulls out in front of him and changes his life forever . . . . yeah . . . I'm pissed, fuck that.
IMO, if these illegals have heard the dangers, and stories of horrific treatment crossing the border via coyotes and still choose to come and something bad happens . . . well then . . . sorry.
But when it starts to affect legal citizens innocently driving to work . . . I'm out. There's gotta be a point in which you decide right from wrong. Next thing you know, the US will be providing safe border crossings / transportation for illegals.

Englewood

Reaction score
my guess is the second and third row seats had been removed to get all those people in there, fucked up situation, feel bad for the first responders rolling up on that scene

My cousin works for Imperial County Fire. He was off that day but his coworkers said it was the worst call they've ever had. Without going too far into detail, many bodies were thrown from the vehicle and dismembered. Driver died and the youngest occupant was 16.

We actually take this exact road to the river.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My cousin works for Imperial County Fire. He was off that day but his coworkers said it was the worst call they've ever had. Without going too far into detail, many bodies were thrown from the vehicle and dismembered. Driver died and the youngest occupant was 16.

We actually take this exact road to the river.
In a way, I'm slightly relieved the youngest was 16. By that age, in that country, you are pretty much on your own. "Adult" enough, I guess. Yes, they knew right from wrong, but chances are their parents didn't send them.

My heart goes out to all the responders and witnesses. Closest thing to a war zone they should never have to see.

Things like that burn permanent images in your mind. You close your eyes, and it's still there...and it can still be like that for years. Other things trigger the sight too...

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
In looking at the scene, I assume the coyote, or really big family, cut out in front of the belly dump. Even if it were one or two people, it was caused by a stupid move. More than likely, this was caused by a stupid move, made by a person breaking many laws up till that point. The dumps were empty, I can't imagine the scene with the added energy of an additional 30 ton.

I hate to see people die needlessly, law breakers or not. What is really sad is the idea these could have been the "unaccompanied minors" we've read about. The blood may not be as much on the hands of democrats, as it is on any parent shipping their kid to another country.
This is the only time I've EVER disagreed with you MW but this is entirely on the Demoshits and Biden!!!!

Last edited:

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
This is the only time I've EVER disagreed with you MW but this in entirely on the Demoshits and Biden!!!!
My only disagreement is the Republicans could've done more permanent stuff over the last 50 years. Both parties have turned a blind eye. I still believe it is a desire for growth, not cheap lettuce.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Just catching up on this thread.. and to all the bleeding hearts.. let me know when you have someone close to you murdered by an "illegal". I have and it sucks you lose all compassion for someone that is not trying to take the steps to even become legal. I'm not going to get into details. But what was left behind was his soon to be wife and his, at the time, 1yo daughter! The fiance stripped of the love of her life and the daughter left without a father. As the other guy fled back to mexico never to be seen again!! Soo yea, I have my reasons. As I still think about him till this day!!

Sorry they died but they made a choice and who knows what path they wanted to take once here!

So like I said call me an asshole, call me cold hearted.. but the one thing I know is she can never call on her man for dinner, and the daughter will never get the call that her dad will be at her school events!!

I'll just leave it at that!!

RVRKID

Reaction score
Expedition Crash.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't know if I qualify as a "bleeding heart". In high school a friend got in a fight in the parking lot. Asian kid pulled a gun, shot him in the chest. Asian kids parents sent him to live with family overseas. Years went by before anything was done. Heard they were going to extradite, but life got in the way of keeping up with that. Asian kid was a citizen, so was my friend. In 06, my cousin was shot in the neck, they assumed attempted car jacking. He lingered for three months, awake and aware, unable to breath on his own or move...died of pnumonia. He was 22. I watched a white man shoot a white friend of mine...and walk away as if it were nothing.

Color, nationality or religion doesn't place one's worth any higher or lower. To be callous or uncaring do to one's race is not how I'd wish to go through life. The truth of the matter is there is evil within every perceived group of people...there are many reasons I am not a people kind of person.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I don't think it's that no one cares . . .I think it's built more out of frustration it happened in the first place.
Perhaps there might be some thinking that this is a direct result of the new administrations relaxed policies on immigration, and this is the first case in a new batch of immigrants. . . .right or wrong, I know that's a stretch, but people are still pissed at the election (including myself), and thus people are venting their frustrations.
Now, as far as the trucker being hospitalized just doing his job delivering a load of gravel and some bullshit SUV potentially full of illegals packed like sardines pulls out in front of him and changes his life forever . . . . yeah . . . I'm pissed, fuck that.
IMO, if these illegals have heard the dangers, and stories of horrific treatment crossing the border via coyotes and still choose to come and something bad happens . . . well then . . . sorry.
But when it starts to affect legal citizens innocently driving to work . . . I'm out. There's gotta be a point in which you decide right from wrong. Next thing you know, the US will be providing safe border crossings / transportation for illegals.
Well Said 👍

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Don't know if I qualify as a "bleeding heart". In high school a friend got in a fight in the parking lot. Asian kid pulled a gun, shot him in the chest. Asian kids parents sent him to live with family overseas. Years went by before anything was done. Heard they were going to extradite, but life got in the way of keeping up with that. Asian kid was a citizen, so was my friend. In 06, my cousin was shot in the neck, they assumed attempted car jacking. He lingered for three months, awake and aware, unable to breath on his own or move...died of pnumonia. He was 22. I watched a white man shoot a white friend of mine...and walk away as if it were nothing.

Color, nationality or religion doesn't place one's worth any higher or lower. To be callous or uncaring do to one's race is not how I'd wish to go through life. The truth of the matter is there is evil within every perceived group of people...there are many reasons I am not a people kind of person.

I know this is referring to my post so let's start with, I have always respected you and your posts. And yes shit happens. But can you explain to me where I brought race into the equation? No, you can't, I brought "illegal" into the equation. Race isnt an issue as I see no color. My wife is half Japanese one of my best friends that I hang out with always is Mexican, I have great friends of all race, religion and political beliefs. I attended school for a few years in Springfield Illinois and the majority of my friends where black. The part I have a problem with is the "ILLEGAL" part. If you want to be part of the American society do it legally.. it's not that hard. They hand out work Visa like candy.. I know because I employ them!!if you drop your tool bags and run when INS shows up on the jobsite guess what, pick up your bags when you get back cause your papers are fake and you no longer have a job!

So bringing the "race card" into this is asinine!!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I know this is referring to my post so let's start with, I have always respected you and your posts. And yes shit happens. But can you explain to me where I brought race into the equation? No, you can't, I brought "illegal" into the equation. Race isnt an issue as I see no color. My wife is half Japanese one of my best friends that I hang out with always is Mexican, I have great friends of all race, religion and political beliefs. I attended school for a few years in Springfield Illinois and the majority of my friends where black. The part I have a problem with is the "ILLEGAL" part. If you want to be part of the American society do it legally.. it's not that hard. They hand out work Visa like candy.. I know because I employ them!!if you drop your tool bags and run when INS shows up on the jobsite guess what, pick up your bags when you get back cause your papers are fake and you no longer have a job!

Unfortunately the news media is the one that has brought the race card into everything, anyone believing in law and order and legal immigration has been considered a racist for years.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

That's kind of what I am saying, there are fuktards and law breakers of every type. I just see there being a callousness from some here, not you in particular, about the deaths. In your friends case, the guy was illegal I assume. Even legal mexicans (and whites...I think OJ was even trying) flee to Mexico when they commit heinous acts. I've seen enough blood and ugly things to make me see things differently than I used to. At one point, I didn't care a bit about the deaths of those I never knew. Why should I, I didn't know them. Then it came to me that the same things I had felt, anger, confusion or sadness...were felt not by those dead, but by their survivors. I spent a long time hating and being angry. Probably too long. I don't want to live like that anymore.

I'm not saying open the border. In fact, I'd rather see a wall like no other. I'd much rather keep America for Americans, of all backgrounds. I don't see that happening anytime soon. The best I can hope for is to not have this event become commonplace. With the current administration though, I think we'll see more, not less. I'm no fan of handouts, and was taught to work for what you need, and harder for what you want.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just catching up on this thread.. and to all the bleeding hearts.. let me know when you have someone close to you murdered by an "illegal". I have and it sucks you lose all compassion for someone that is not trying to take the steps to even become legal. I'm not going to get into details. But what was left behind was his soon to be wife and his, at the time, 1yo daughter! The fiance stripped of the love of her life and the daughter left without a father. As the other guy fled back to mexico never to be seen again!! Soo yea, I have my reasons. As I still think about him till this day!!

Sorry they died but they made a choice and who knows what path they wanted to take once here!

So like I said call me an asshole, call me cold hearted.. but the one thing I know is she can never call on her man for dinner, and the daughter will never get the call that her dad will be at her school events!!

I'll just leave it at that!!

A good friend of mines mother was murdered by an illegal..

That doesn’t mean the guy that did our yard work for 20.00 and a lunch is sub human..

I am against illegal immigration (far more than anyone on this board if I had to guess) but most of them are just looking for opportunities..

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
This was nothing short of horrific. My good friend and ex partner who I have spent many years working graveyard shifts with was one of the first flight medics on scene. He called me today distraught. This is one of those calls that will haunt him for years. This guy is larger than life and this incident has brought him to his knees.

He is an inmate here on RDP and I guarantee that he has read this thread, I just ask that we keep this respectful. He has more details that he can share if wants, but I'm not sure he is ready or able to discuss it yet.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
A good friend of mines mother was murdered by an illegal..

That doesn’t mean the guy that did our yard work for 20.00 and a lunch is sub human..

I am against illegal immigration (far more than anyone on this board if I had to guess) but most of them are just looking for opportunities..

So the guy was illegal that did your yard is what you are saying?

Then you say you are against illegal immigration?

But you support it by paying an illegal guy $20 to do you yard?

Do you see the hypocrisy here?

You guys are not seeing my point. I have no problem with immigration once so ever! We employ alot of immigrants and they are amazing workers from Mexican, Russians, colombians, ect.. but on the other hand there are alot that come into the states for other reasons, such as an undetectable mule "on the other side"! Or will do what they have to, rob, steal, rape, pillage, ect.. to make themselves happy!! I live in farmland and I get it! But "they"all know coming over the board illegally comes with risk and you may not make it.. as I have stories from alot of guys that have gone through the experience to get here and I hear the stories often! And trust me I have heard it all!

Like I said, I'm sorry they lost their life! But they also knew the risk they where taking!! They all do!! No they didnt get shot at the boarder but they did end up in an unfortunate accident! And that is part of the risk!

Let's build a wall!! But let's feel sorry when they make it over and die in a "tragic accident" caused by the one they "trusted" to get them here illegally!!

And to the comments of "the cartel makes them do it" apparently you dont know how it works! You pay them X amount to get over here before you ever enter a rig! They(the cartel) give no fuks if you get in the rig or not as they have already been paid!! So yes it is their choice! The pay, the cartel tells them, there is a rig heading over the boarder at this time, if you dont get in you'll wait for the next one! Most dont want to wait because they have no clue when the next one is coming or if they will be allowed, they have paid there money the want on the first transport over no matter the risk! Hence the 27 people in an suv!!

If you dont think the cartel send there own mules over to transport, deal, kill for them, then you apparently dont spend much time with or around "illegal immigrants"! Hence why most that do come here legally with a work Visa in Hope's to get permanent citizenship do not agree with this shit either!!

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Holy crap! I thought they came through the hole in the fence, and were picked up on this side. I didn't know they drove through.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
$3000 to $5000 a head I have been told so that’s north of 6 figures in the car. Pretty sure they all pay in advance so somebody still got paid regardless of the outcome

riverroyal

Reaction score
So someone went to that wall and started cutting it days before it was pulled over.
So much high tech surveillance.
The 'traffickers' had a good plan in place.
Shitty driver or bad idea with that much weight and a chevy that burned down.
So close. The border patrol lost this one and 1000s more weekly

El Rojo

Reaction score
$3000 to $5000 a head I have been told so that’s north of 6 figures in the car. Pretty sure they all pay in advance so somebody still got paid regardless of the outcome
Looks like I'm in the wrong business, this should be part of the "Honest Question" thread....

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
And bobby, squeezy and rod all want to tear down Trumps wall???? Go for it you brain dead Democraps and we'll all see this Country disappear. It's their plan to snuff out the Conservative thoughts of people that were born and raised here and carry on with their so-called Utopia that they have been brainwashed over the last 70 years by the LSD hippies of the 60's.!!!!

Fuck Demoshits!!!

Taboma

Reaction score
So someone went to that wall and started cutting it days before it was pulled over.
So much high tech surveillance.
The 'traffickers' had a good plan in place.
Shitty driver or bad idea with that much weight and a chevy that burned down.
So close. The border patrol lost this one and 1000s more weekly

Videos of them driving through, but no videos of the cutting. 🤔 From articles I've seen these steel bollards used in this wall design are hollow and appear to be concrete filled. So it's going to take a little bit more than a few minutes with a cordless sawzall.

Englewood

Reaction score
This was nothing short of horrific. My good friend and ex partner who I have spent many years working graveyard shifts with was one of the first flight medics on scene. He called me today distraught. This is one of those calls that will haunt him for years. This guy is larger than life and this incident has brought him to his knees.

He is an inmate here on RDP and I guarantee that he has read this thread, I just ask that we keep this respectful. He has more details that he can share if wants, but I'm not sure he is ready or able to discuss it yet.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Gave me chills...The crazy part is that air medics see all kinds of bad stuff. It goes to show how bad the scene must have been.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Gave me chills...The crazy part is that air medics see all kinds of bad stuff. It goes to show how bad the scene must have been.
Until I read this, never thought about that. Life flight types are alway dealing with the worst case deals, never a minor injury. Every shift you have a call, you are going in wound tight.