WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hot as balls

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
120 today, it was 95 at 7am, 104 now, pool is at 90 which almost makes it pointless.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I was in Havasu earlier this week for the first time in 8 years. 110 degrees and I was walking around the channel, didn’t even break a sweat! I’ll take that any day over 90s in Florida with humidity.
We are looking at lake houses in Alabama and Lake of the Ozarks, it’s only 85 degrees there today but 88% humidity, that is the definition of sweaty balls.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m hindsight that would have been wise but this our last summers here so we opted against it

I have no idea of that cost..... but would agree if the option was available to bail during the summer, I would.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
We are looking at lake houses in Alabama and Lake of the Ozarks, it’s only 85 degrees there today but 88% humidity, that is the definition of sweaty balls.
Yep you will sweat all day long. But it doesn’t take long to get acclimated to it either.

Where in Alabama?

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I’m hindsight that would have been wise but this our last summers here so we opted against it
Last time we were out there and the pool water was a spa. I went and bought a bunch of 20lb blocks of ice and tossed them in. Lasted a while and when you were near them the water was super refreshing.

Mototrig

Reaction score
I lived 4 years in Mobile AL. The summers were WET. 85° and 90-95% humidity every day from May to September. Intermittent summer thunderstorms lasting 15 minutes twice a day, bright and sunny right after. I had batwings down to my ankles. Hot as balls has a new meaning to me 😁😁😁.

110° in Havasu is still hot as the devil's taint

SoCalDave

Reaction score
1625846752279.png

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Last time we were out there and the pool water was a spa. I went and bought a bunch of 20lb blocks of ice and tossed them in. Lasted a while and when you were near them the water was super refreshing.
My FIL lives in Phoenix, has a medium size pool. Put a 300lb block of ice in his to cool it down. Lasted 20 minutes and didn’t lower the temp.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Imagine being a roofer. River neighbor owns a roofing company in AZ. He told me last weekend they had a 130 days in a row of 110 plus last year. I couldn't last 20 minutes on my roof when I was up there in that heat.

hallett21

Reaction score
Imagine being a roofer. River neighbor owns a roofing company in AZ. He told me last weekend they had a 130 days in a row of 110 plus last year. I couldn't last 20 minutes on my roof when I was up there in that heat.

Idk how they can even work in the summer. I’d start at 3am and be in the truck by 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
You should go back there and rent a house for the summer to see if you can deal with the humidity (and the bugs). Me personally would take 110F heat with no humidity over 90F + 90% Humidity every day of the week!! Nothing worse than taking a shower to get cleaned up to go somewhere, then go outside to become a hot sweaty mess in under 2 minutes, lol. 🥵

petie6464

Reaction score
How many slack-jaws can complain about it being hot in the summer 🥱

port austin pirate

Reaction score
You should go back there and rent a house for the summer to see if you can deal with the humidity (and the bugs). Me personally would take 110F heat with no humidity over 90F + 90% Humidity every day of the week!! Nothing worse than taking a shower to get cleaned up to go somewhere, then go outside to become a hot sweaty mess in under 2 minutes, lol. 🥵
know that drill well, summers in Mich lotta years

Icky

Reaction score
Power just went out at the Bluewater rv Park, feel bad for those without a generator

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

Your ad here

Reaction score
Idk how they can even work in the summer. I’d start at 3am and be in the truck by 8

I dont know about roofers but I did 2 summers in Phoenix doing asphalt paving and concrete work with hours from 7am to 4pm. Key is just drink water, water, and more water. Dont jump into an air conditioned truck every 20 minutes. Going from hot to ac will shock your body and make you sick. Best is to take a break in the shade. Also cover every inch of your body. Long sleeves and a straw hat.

HitIt

Reaction score
My FIL lives in Phoenix, has a medium size pool. Put a 300lb block of ice in his to cool it down. Lasted 20 minutes and didn’t lower the temp.
If you put 100 ice blocks (1000 pounds) at 0 degrees F (right out of a freezer) in a 10,000 gallon pool at 90 degrees F, the pool would cool to 87.23 degrees. Math is fun. Spending money on ice blocks is not.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I dont think we would stay there for the worst of it, our plan is to go somewhere cooler in the RV during stupid hot months and come back to Havasu in our RV for some of the winter months. Its been my dream and my dads (RIP) to live on the water, he never obtained it, we have the opportunity to do so, for $750k you can buy a 4000 square foot lake with a two story boat dock and two lifts. No mortgage, etc, just alot of positives for us, and with my wife retiring and me able to work anywhere we have the flexibility to make it work.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Balls? You've got my attention.

tenor-14.gif

gqchris

Reaction score
I dont think we would stay there for the worst of it, our plan is to go somewhere cooler in the RV during stupid hot months and come back to Havasu in our RV for some of the winter months. Its been my dream and my dads (RIP) to live on the water, he never obtained it, we have the opportunity to do so, for $750k you can buy a 4000 square foot lake with a two story boat dock and two lifts. No mortgage, etc, just alot of positives for us, and with my wife retiring and me able to work anywhere we have the flexibility to make it work.
You continue to fulfill the life I dream of some day! I tell my wife that is exactly what I want in life, to go down to my boat house and drink a beer in it.

77charger

Reaction score
I don’t know how they do it. I have worked in heat but not on a roof and my job can get a little warm 😱

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

When I worked in Vegas they kept saying I would get used to it. I didn’t and I didn’t want to. When I went to maricopa Arizona I got heat stroke and the river hasn’t been the same since. I can’t handle the heat anymore

wash11

Reaction score
Humidity is super gay but this is one of the best posts i've read on RDP in a bit.

petie6464

Reaction score
Just goes to show the locals don't even notice the temps, see this cowboy he's out walking his shopping cart @ Smiths and has his beanie on to keep his ears warm.

20210709_145042.jpg

boatpi

Reaction score
You could go to Lake Louise in January. Photo from last year‘s Banff ice festival in front of the Château.
F1A4BC55-22C4-479A-ADD4-9480F1FB291B.jpeg

traquer

Reaction score
I live in OC but went out to Ontario today and I was like damn it's hot, that extra 10 degrees is a lot when it's kinda humid. 122f at the river a few weeks ago was pretty wild. Either that or I"m just getting old.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Lol these ones lasted enough for a few beers. You just hang out next to them while the melt.

It won't drop the entire temp just makes it nice while it lasts.

DWC

Reaction score
We lived in Alabama for a year. Four showers a day. Morning, lunch, after work and before bed. And the bugs……holy crap
Did 2 years in Atlanta. Didn’t get used to it. Humidity and bugs are a SOB. To make it even worse we had to wear slacks and long sleeve dress shirts into the office. Soaking wet from the car into the building.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
120 today, it was 95 at 7am, 104 now, pool is at 90 which almost makes it pointless.
Damn, your pool is already at 90?. I have sun sails over 80% of mine, I’m at 84., I’m just down the road from you

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Spent a lot of time at LOZ as a kid...agreed.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
We need @DRYHEAT ‘s input here.
I was out doing yardwork earlier this week today was a little warm but the pool felt good.😊

Roofers don’t typically work past noon, get your shit done before then and it’s not too bad, and I have a big shade tree.😉

v6toy4x

Reaction score
And everyone says staying in CA for the weather is so over rated :D

However we are experiencing some pretty high temps this week, though way out of the norm.