WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hot VWs at Irwindale?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Heard about it last night. Id like to.

nowski

Reaction score
Anybody see this guy (Mike Sheldon) tell him Nowski says Hi...

P1010017.JPG

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I just heard about it this morning from my buddy, Steve Sherman. I wish we didn't have plans today.

nowski

Reaction score
I use to go to the street races behind the old Nabisco building in Buena Park back in the 80's. The VW guys would trailer their cars to within a couple blocks and drive up to where the races were held.The VW guys would always look for the fastest muscle cars to race for money. The V dubs prevailed mo$t of the time...

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yessir. 80s-90s even early 2000s V8 cars were easy pickins for a 2 liter car. Im not too sure about now though. :)

Most guys were PISSED and want to run again, for double, and lose AGAIN.

I doubt anyone would fall for that anymore.

Brian

I use to go to the street races behind the old Nabisco building in Buena Park back in the 80's. The VW guys would trailer their cars to within a couple blocks and drive up to where the races were held.The VW guys would always look for the fastest muscle cars to race for money. The V dubs prevailed mo$t of the time...

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
It’s called a fridolyn (something like that) it’s a European vw model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, never seen one before. Searching on the net now and they can sure look good all done up.

SoCalDave

Reaction score

Wow Nowski, this statement brings back a lot of memories. The company i had worked for moved into that manufacturing plant there at the end of Desman Rd in 83 and I/We watched many of races there before Ford moved their rail-yard out and US Foods built that mega warehouse. Witnessed many of fast cars come in on trailers and light em up. Those were the days.

nowski

Reaction score
Wow Nowski, this statement brings back a lot of memories. The company i had worked for moved into that manufacturing plant there at the end of Desman Rd in 83 and I/We watched many of races there before Ford moved their rail-yard out and US Foods built that mega warehouse. Witnessed many of fast cars come in on trailers and light em up. Those were the days.
I new that post would get your attention and ring a bell...

One night I saw two bug's racing each other. Down at the the end of the track a guy on a motorcycle wasn't paying attention, crossed the track and got whacked by one of the bug's. When going to the street races you need to pay attention...

parker ed

Reaction score
There was a street that backed up to the 5 frwy on the north side called Fibi or something like that, use to meet at Denny’s across the frwy then drive over to Nabisco or Fibi.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
That would be Phoebe Ave, just a stones throw away from Desman Rd.
Worked in that area from 83-2004.

Capture.JPG

parker ed

Reaction score
Did a lot of street racing around that area Shoemaker, Edwards, Phoebe and Desman. Those were the good days!