WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hotboat news

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
So before the news, I'll answer the question many probably are wondering. Why the hell do I bother? Frankly its for the membership. It's not for Hotboat (or any other website I might moderate), it's not for the exposure (although that's not a bad thing), it's not for the revenue I might get by being present. The people are why I continue to do it and spend sometimes many hours a week doing behind the scenes stuff that is rarely seen. I've made many friends and developed some great relationships with the people, the members, with a few exceptions. I've been drawn back to racing from being involved on the forum, which is something I enjoy being around. That is why I bother. There is no other reason that would lead me to continue moderating any forum. And that is why I've taken on this task.

Now on to the news. Some unfortunate things happened yesterday (from the moderators perspective) with regards to people being banned. Frustration from ownership swelled to the point of explosion. Basically the drama factor. I've had a conference call today with Todd, Havasu Hangin and myself, discussing on what needs to be done. We are all in agreement that yesterdays events were unfortunate for both the membership and for Hotboat. Ownership wants some changes. HH and I related our views on how things were handled in a misguided attempt yesterday. Darrin and his investors want the drama factor significantly reduced. We all agree that this is doable with a simple set of new guidelines and that yesterday's bannings were an inappropriate way to achieve any positive change.

So I've volunteered to create the rough draft of those guidelines. I have a pretty good idea I think of what the members want and what ownership wants. It will be my job to meld the two (which are really not that much different for the most part) into a workable solution and one that "most" will probably find acceptable.

With that said, we hope at this point to have this in place within a day or two and get the site back online. It is all of our recommendation (myself, HH, and Todd) that all bans be reversed and that the moderators will control the content and ban accordingly based on the new forum guidelines. I will be surprised if this does not occur. Those who know me know I seldom like the Hitler approach to things and don't ban folks until am really pushed. My experience is though that "most" situations can be solved with simple warnings and communication vs dropping the ban hammer without notice.

The kinds of things you won't likely see as being acceptable going forward are threads like the relationship drama arguments, threads that are sexually graphic in nature, excessive profanity (misspelled or otherwise), just as a few off the top of my head examples. Hotboat want's a more professional and more boating related image. I think we can get there and still have fun in the process. At least that is my hope and goal as we continue on. Change is usually somewhat painful for some, less so for others. I don't think the change necessary here is enormous in scope.

I will keep you posted on any other news since Hotboat is presently down still. The above is not set in stone as fact yet but is what I expect will likely happen.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Magazine subscribers will get on for free, but non subscribers will have to pay to use the forums....

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
That's it.....I'm driving up to HH's right now and taking a piss on his front door. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Quick question for you Mike..

If hotboat banned Crusader 83 for having a business add in his signiature.. Then I'm fully expecting to get some punishment for having some links in mine as well.

When the new site does come back online, will they be pissed if I have my little "RiverDave's" banner in my signiature again?

RD

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Can you just let me know why I was banned? :confused: The only thing that I could think about was my link in my signature to my boat for sale which was done according to the rules so I don't think that was it.

I would like an answer.

snake321

Irish Republican
Reaction score
Not 1 person on the face of the earth will pay for that non subscription stuff. Who thinks of this stuff.....

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Don't forget the stilts so you can get up the steps..lol:D

My big penis is like a firehouse...I'll hit it from the street. :D Your place is next.....I'll be dropping a deuce in your mailbox. :skull

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
So before the news, I'll answer the question many probably are wondering. Why the hell do I bother? Frankly its for the membership. It's not for Hotboat (or any other website I might moderate), it's not for the exposure (although that's not a bad thing), it's not for the revenue I might get by being present. The people are why I continue to do it and spend sometimes many hours a week doing behind the scenes stuff that is rarely seen. I've made many friends and developed some great relationships with the people, the members, with a few exceptions. I've been drawn back to racing from being involved on the forum, which is something I enjoy being around. That is why I bother. There is no other reason that would lead me to continue moderating any forum. And that is why I've taken on this task.

Now on to the news. Some unfortunate things happened yesterday (from the moderators perspective) with regards to people being banned. Frustration from ownership swelled to the point of explosion. Basically the drama factor. I've had a conference call today with Todd, Havasu Hangin and myself, discussing on what needs to be done. We are all in agreement that yesterdays events were unfortunate for both the membership and for Hotboat. Ownership wants some changes. HH and I related our views on how things were handled in a misguided attempt yesterday. Darrin and his investors want the drama factor significantly reduced. We all agree that this is doable with a simple set of new guidelines and that yesterday's bannings were an inappropriate way to achieve any positive change.

So I've volunteered to create the rough draft of those guidelines. I have a pretty good idea I think of what the members want and what ownership wants. It will be my job to meld the two (which are really not that much different for the most part) into a workable solution and one that "most" will probably find acceptable.

With that said, we hope at this point to have this in place within a day or two and get the site back online. It is all of our recommendation (myself, HH, and Todd) that all bans be reversed and that the moderators will control the content and ban accordingly based on the new forum guidelines. I will be surprised if this does not occur. Those who know me know I seldom like the Hitler approach to things and don't ban folks until am really pushed. My experience is though that "most" situations can be solved with simple warnings and communication vs dropping the ban hammer without notice.

The kinds of things you won't likely see as being acceptable going forward are threads like the relationship drama arguments, threads that are sexually graphic in nature, excessive profanity (misspelled or otherwise), just as a few off the top of my head examples. Hotboat want's a more professional and more boating related image. I think we can get there and still have fun in the process. At least that is my hope and goal as we continue on. Change is usually somewhat painful for some, less so for others. I don't think the change necessary here is enormous in scope.

I will keep you posted on any other news since Hotboat is presently down still. The above is not set in stone as fact yet but is what I expect will likely happen.

Thats a nice way to put it. Finally someone man'in up. But the way that hb.com went about it is whats going to lead to their fall. IMO. I dont think there will be alot of people going back. Free or not.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Can you just let me know why I was banned? :confused: The only thing that I could think about was my link in my signature to my boat for sale which was done according to the rules so I don't think that was it.

I would like an answer.

I think alot of peeps just can't access it cuz the forums are down. Right Rex? I was on there yesterday....but can't get to the forums today.

dezertrider

Reaction score
Pay to be a member of a forum. What a bunch of crap.

I will miss HB

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
My big penis is like a firehouse...I'll hit it from the street. :D Your place is next.....I'll be dropping a deuce in your mailbox. :skull

Whatever you say Wittle guy:eek:;)

R_C%20FIREMAN_539.jpg

Miss Perfect

Reaction score
Right before I got banned, I made a post about something being "focking" funny. I'm assuming that's why I got the axe? I'm such a potty mouth... :fsakes

Scott E

Reaction score
Where in Mike's post does he mention paying for access?

Topless

Reaction score

I would like an answer.
I heard from a reliable source that his ex wifes cousins brother said it was because you are a transient.
:D

Topless

Reaction score
I wonder if my rick rolls will still be there.:hmm

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
I think alot of peeps just can't access it cuz the forums are down. Right Rex? I was on there yesterday....but can't get to the forums today.

That is correct. The site is down right now so no one can get on, not even myself.

As far as particular reasons particular people were banned I don't have that info. I'm sure we will have more detailed info on what is acceptable and what is not going forward.

As far as charging for the site use, I'm not in favor of it and have expressed my opinion. It's not my decision though.

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
Ok lets enlighten alot of people who are new to hotboat. I mean the past 3 to 4 years.....

The sandbar was specifially created by Notboat and Hotboat asked that any and all drama and the alike be kept in the SANDBAR AND BENCHRACERS....

Which it pretty much has,
Granted cats in tunnels gets heated...

So why suddenly ban people for something HOTBOAT CREATED.....
The new ownership has ever right to do as they please, as I can do the same.
If this is the direction they wanted to sail forth with , then they should have closed the sandbar with a simple explanation of the NEW expectations.

Regardless if they reverse what has been done, The damage has been done and a bad taste has been left in my mouth.

Topless

Reaction score
Ok lets enlighten alot of people who are new to hotboat. I mean the past 3 to 4 years.....

The sandbar was specifially created by Notboat and Hotboat asked that any and all drama and the alike be kept in the SANDBAR AND BENCHRACERS....

If this is the direction they wanted to sail forth with , then they should have closed the sandbar with a simple explanation of the NEW expectations.

Regardless if they reverse what has been done, The damage has been done and a bad taste has been left in my mouth.
Buth that taste has nothing to do with Hotboat banning.......... LOL:D:beer

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Thanx Rex, coming from you makes it very believable. So, is the rumor about having to be a subscriber or it becoming a pay site true?

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score

Hot Boat was originally a pay site when I first started there....I guess they are going back to the way it was...only further back than you are suggesting! ;)

And You talking about bad taste!!! :lmao

RTJas :D

Boatsnblondes

Banned
Reaction score
Too little too late Mike.....I doubt a lot of folks will go back, too much anger, and after the story posted on HB about how the whole thing transpired, not a lot of loyalty to the new guys...everyone migrated over here and over to PB....not sure why you are working so hard on this Mikey, would be a lot easier on you and less stress to wash your hands of HB and come over here and relax, let them sink on thier own.....maybe RD would let you advertise over here as well? Could it be your advertising banners are down, as well as the site? Hmmmmm????:point

D

Deleted Account

Bnb, why don't you quit focking with Mike? It's a bit old. :cool:

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
Hot Boat was originally a pay site when I first started there....I guess they are going back to the way it was...only further back than you are suggesting! ;)

And You talking about bad taste!!! :lmao

Yes I was there when you had to pay 24.95 for six months use back in 01....

I remember all the Dick danger , Hbjet and chet threads...

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Too little too late Mike.....I doubt a lot of folks will go back, too much anger, and after the story posted on HB about how the whole thing transpired, not a lot of loyalty to the new guys...everyone migrated over here and over to PB....not sure why you are working so hard on this Mikey, would be a lot easier on you and less stress to wash your hands of HB and come over here and relax, let them sink on thier own.....maybe RD would let you advertise over here as well? Could it be your advertising banners are down, as well as the site? Hmmmmm????:point

I explained my reasons in my first post. You're the last person I'm going to argue with about my reason for doing it. :)

77charger

Reaction score
Well i guess its over over there! I myself wont pay to post on a forum.But over the last 7 years i have met some good folks over there.Who remembers the riverdave x mas parties with the fog machines blazin?or the oc bar nights.or the first rwub? i even got back into boating back then

Guess its time to find somewhere else to post on or get alot of beer to read the drama.LOL

Rivertoys

Lavey Me Alone
Reaction score

I thought it '00 ....but I don't know for sure. I know by Feb '01 it was free for sure. OP6 1 was June '01.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Thanx Rex, coming from you makes it very believable. So, is the rumor about having to be a subscriber or it becoming a pay site true?

It wasn't the focus of our discussion. But I have conveyed my opinion on it to Todd. I do not actually know if it's true beyond what I've read here on this site.

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
I've been a moderator on one of the most popular hunting sites on the net for over 9 years.Been through three ownership changes but never anything close to the bullshit they pulled yesterday. I was only on the site for a couple of months but I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon. I'd prefer to get eaten by the outcast sharks over here. :D :D

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
Sounds like HB will be a ghost town for a while till they get new members.

Boatsnblondes

Banned
Reaction score
Bnb, why don't you quit focking with Mike? It's a bit old. :cool:

Not focking with him, but I do have to wonder how much money he has in all those banners...and the fact that as of now, the site is down....I would be doing the smae thing...all I was pointing out is that HB is doing all this backwards.....if the site were to come back up, who would go back? You? I wouldn't, and there are LOTS who have sworn the place off for good...so why not just let this dog die?

kilrtoy

Banned
Reaction score
I thought it '00 ....but I don't know for sure. I know by Feb '01 it was free for sure. OP6 1 was June '01.

Tomato or tomato
00, 01, Hell I use to pay for this site I do remember that much as I am geting old and losing my memory...
Did Al Gore not invent hotboat.net the first site

SoCal Detail

Reaction score
Wow 96 users on board. Im telling you I think this is the new HB :D

77charger

Reaction score

DD out

he should have copyrighted that saying.

Brad @ SCJB

SoCalJetBoats.com
Reaction score
the damage is done... let the place die off with what respect it has left (which isnt much)

AZJD

Lynch's River Mob
Reaction score
Not focking with him, but I do have to wonder how much money he has in all those banners...and the fact that as of now, the site is down....I would be doing the smae thing...all I was pointing out is that HB is doing all this backwards.....if the site were to come back up, who would go back? You? I wouldn't, and there are LOTS who have sworn the place off for good...so why not just let this dog die?

Honestly? I believe a lot of people would go back. Some have been there for 6 or 7 years. Even if the content becomes a little more appropriate. It is almost habbit for me to click the link first whenever I sit down to the computer, and I have only been on for 2 years.

As far as Rexies banner.....KUDOS to him for advertising and networking in a very resourceful fasion.

Boatsnblondes

Banned
Reaction score
I heard Dave was gonna make you have a different screen name for each one of your personalities so we can better communicate with you. :D

You little midget.....do I need to get my BB gun out again and come after you??? BTW, you think he has enough HD space for them all?? AS I hear tell, theres a LOT....:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It wasn't the focus of our discussion. But I have conveyed my opinion on it to Todd. I do not actually know if it's true beyond what I've read here on this site.

So which Todd did you convey your opinion too? Todd969 or the new mysterious Todd that SummitKarl is talking about?

RD