WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

house soft water systems???

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im shopping,looks like Im getting the RESIN bottle type,with the monthly service.New bottle every 2 weeks.Ive looked at the Lowes and Home depot salt type.Im not sure they will do the job for me.Any thoughts?There is no labor costs involved,im doing it myself

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
1. the quality of soft water will constantly flucuate with a tank swap out service
2. the cost of the service will never go away.
3. you would be better off buying good equipment now that will last for many years.
4. make sure you purchase the proper sized system for your house.

Here is a link, there is some useful info here call and ask for John (very knowledgable) tell him Dylan gave you the contact info. He will hook you up with quality equipment.http://www.thewaterstop.com/faq.cfm

riverroyal

Reaction score
from what Ive seen,a GOOD system is around 1200 to 1500(home depot stuff is 600$)The monthly service for the bottles is approx 40$.Im not sure how long we will live in this house,with my history of moving,this is a record at 3 years.You mentioned the fluctuation of water quality??Is that when the bottles get close to 2 weeks?When they get exchanged?I have some type of sickness,I clean my cars ALOT,too much.So for me this is 70% for that,the rest for my super model skin.:D

whiteworks

Reaction score
Buy the good equipment and take it with you when you go. as far as the water quality fluctuation I mentioned, basically they swap the tank out in stead of regenerating them on the spot. with the salt system it regenerates your system constantly so the water quality never deminishes. all you have to do is top off the salt once in a while. Call John he really knows this stuff well.

Boatsnblondes

Banned
Reaction score
I was in Costco last night, saw an item called "Smartwater" made by GE I believe....499...I thought it was a lot better than the 5 grand my neighbors spent...but who knows..I might try it for this place...we have a BAD lime problem with the water up here....

JB in so cal

Reaction score
from what Ive seen,a GOOD system is around 1200 to 1500(home depot stuff is 600$)The monthly service for the bottles is approx 40$.Im not sure how long we will live in this house,with my history of moving,this is a record at 3 years.You mentioned the fluctuation of water quality??Is that when the bottles get close to 2 weeks?When they get exchanged?I have some type of sickness,I clean my cars ALOT,too much.So for me this is 70% for that,the rest for my super model skin.:D

Why don't you get a pressure washer for the fleet? Add soft water/de ionized to that instead of the whole house...

Fag!

whiteworks

Reaction score
I set up a system for a quarter car wash and that cost around 5k. I think your neighbors may have been taken for a ride, but then again maybe they bought some heavy duty commercial equipment.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I would look at the Hague systems. They have one that is not salt & it's not really "soft" water. You can drink & make ice out of any faucet it feeds. I think it may be a potassium system.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
I bought and installed myself one of those Sears special water softener for my house in Havasu. Water there is very brutal and this water softener has been trouble free the last 5 years. I bought the super capacity one and it was less than $500. My friend also bought one of those canister looking ones for his house in La Mirada. He got smoked for $5k for his. :D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I bought the Home Depot one about 4 years ago. Works fine. But I pay for my car washes to.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Why don't you get a pressure washer for the fleet? Add soft water/de ionized to that instead of the whole house...

Fag!

the resin bottle system is that.The water from my hose will be soft,with a bypass for watering plants etc.1800 for the pimp unit from my wifes hookup,or 41 a month for a bottle service..:hmm