WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

House to vote for first time on impeachment procedures

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
House Democrats will for the first time vote on impeachment procedures on Thursday, a shift in their strategy seemingly meant to cut off GOP arguments about an unfair process.

upload_2019-10-28_18-7-38.gif

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
WASHINGTON — A White House national security official who is a decorated Iraq war veteran plans to tell House impeachment investigators on Tuesday that he heard President Trump appeal to Ukraine’s president to investigate one of his leading political rivals, a request the aide considered so damaging to American interests that he reported it to a superior.

Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman of the Army, the top Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, twice registered internal objections about how Mr. Trump and his inner circle were treating Ukraine, out of what he called a “sense of duty,” he plans to tell the inquiry, according to a draft of his opening statement obtained by The New York Times.

He will be the first White House official to testify who listened in on the July 25 telephone call between Mr. Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine that is at the center of the impeachment inquiry, in which Mr. Trump asked Mr. Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-call-reported-concerns/ar-AAJuZ02?li=BBnb7Kz

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Do you guys read any of the headlines you echo??Impeachment is over.WTF,read actual factual information.

Pelosi, D-Calif., said the resolution "affirms the ongoing, existing investigation" and "establishes the procedure" for future investigative steps.
“We are taking this step to eliminate any doubt as to whether the Trump administration may withhold documents, prevent witness testimony, disregard duly authorized subpoenas, or continue obstructing the House of Representatives," Pelosi said.
“Fox News has learned the vote will take place Thursday on the House floor.IT IS NOT AN ACTUAL ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT,BUT RATHER A RESOLUTION THAT SETS HOUSE PROCESS GROUND RULES."

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Do you guys read any of the headlines you echo??Impeachment is over.WTF,read actual factual information.

Pelosi, D-Calif., said the resolution "affirms the ongoing, existing investigation" and "establishes the procedure" for future investigative steps.
“We are taking this step to eliminate any doubt as to whether the Trump administration may withhold documents, prevent witness testimony, disregard duly authorized subpoenas, or continue obstructing the House of Representatives," Pelosi said.
“Fox News has learned the vote will take place Thursday on the House floor.IT IS NOT AN ACTUAL ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT,BUT RATHER A RESOLUTION THAT SETS HOUSE PROCESS GROUND RULES."
Impeachment is over? How do you figure? Pelosi is doing this to take away WH argument that they can prevent witness testimony because there hasn’t been an impeachment vote. Now a District court just called “bullshit” and told DOJ to give Congress an unredacted Muelled report, but Pelosi knows Trump will stall by taking it to the Supreme Court where it will languish until summer, so instead she’s taking away the GOP process argument and kicking impeachment into high gear.

Don’t believe me? $100 says Trump is impeached by Memorial weekend. WTG can hold the money.

Enen

Reaction score
WASHINGTON — A White House national security official who is a decorated Iraq war veteran plans to tell House impeachment investigators on Tuesday that he heard President Trump appeal to Ukraine’s president to investigate one of his leading political rivals, a request the aide considered so damaging to American interests that he reported it to a superior.

Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman of the Army, the top Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, twice registered internal objections about how Mr. Trump and his inner circle were treating Ukraine, out of what he called a “sense of duty,” he plans to tell the inquiry, according to a draft of his opening statement obtained by The New York Times.

He will be the first White House official to testify who listened in on the July 25 telephone call between Mr. Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine that is at the center of the impeachment inquiry, in which Mr. Trump asked Mr. Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-call-reported-concerns/ar-AAJuZ02?li=BBnb7Kz

Honest question. Why does anyone care what this guy's opinion of a phone call is? The actual transcript of the phone call has been released to the public. Zelensky has publicly said there was no quid pro quo. It absolutely mitigates this guys take on what he thinks he heard. Do you really think that this guys opinion is going to lay the foundation for impeachment?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Honest question. Why does anyone care what this guy's opinion of a phone call is? The actual transcript of the phone call has been released to the public. Zelensky has publicly said there was no quid pro quo. It absolutely mitigates this guys take on what he thinks he heard. Do you really think that this guys opinion is going to lay the foundation for impeachment?
Actually the “actual transcript” has not been released, only an already pretty damn incriminating White House summary of the phone call. This guy was there for the actual phone call, but eventually I’d definitely like the “actual transcript” released from the secure storage where Trump hid it away.

squeezer

Reaction score

An Honest answer: The actual transcript of the phone call is not the only factor in determining if Trump delayed and threatened to withhold appropriated $$$ unless Zelensky went public with dirt on Biden. In "The Perfect Call" Trump used language that was obviously QPQ to a lefty and harmless banter to a Trumpkin... If the impeachment proceedings had to rely solely on the call then there wouldn't be much to work with. The reality however is much different. Rudys roll and conduct is damming in its own right, but again not enough to write up articles of impeachment. Testimony, past and future, of some of the people who were in the room, for the specific call and other meetings ties together a pretty damming narrative. I don't think there is any doubt that the house will impeach Trump. The real question is can Nancy and company get enough of the truth on the table for the Senate to convict (I doubt it). Knowing that, and you can bet your ass Nancy does, means the team has to convince undecided voters in a few swing states that Trump is not worthy of their vote.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Impeachment is over? How do you figure? Pelosi is doing this to take away WH argument that they can prevent witness testimony because there hasn’t been an impeachment vote. Now a District court just called “bullshit” and told DOJ to give Congress an unredacted Muelled report, but Pelosi knows Trump will stall by taking it to the Supreme Court where it will languish until summer, so instead she’s taking away the GOP process argument and kicking impeachment into high gear.

Don’t believe me? $100 says Trump is impeached by Memorial weekend. WTG can hold the money.

FuckYou and your wagers.There will be no impeachment of President Trump.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
FuckYou and your wagers.There will be no impeachment of President Trump.
It’s possible you don’t actually know what impeachment is. Regardless, it is near 100% certainty that he will be impeached. And I really look forward to telling you I told you so.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
FUCK OFF,Rd has tried to be reasonable with you fuck ups.I stayed away from your bullshit for several days.Your a fucking stalker,you post up my name like I give a shit.One more time,Stay the fuck away from me.Nothing but contempt for what you represent.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Shifter has cried to Palosi that no one will come play with him because the farce they're calling an "Inquiry", isn't an inquiry without the whole House vote...So, once the House votes to start an Inquiry the witness requests become a little more "official"... BUT, Trumps attorneys are allowed in the room and are allowed to cross examine witnesses... Not to mention it will all be covered on CSPAN, and Trump's attorneys may even call Shithead Shift to testify UNDER OATH, as well as the so called "Whistle blower", (leaker, spy, libturd asshole), under oath about how his accusation came to light. Did Shithead actually start this whole deal? Is it all bullshit?... Nancy will rue the day she called the vote because the shit is going to hit the fan in the form of the TRUTH.....As mentioned, Thursday's vote is just about House rules and procedures and who will do what to whom, and when....
I can't wait for the first parts of the hearing shown on TV, the vote where the dims set themselves up to lose the majority in 2020...Even if Trump loses, the House will go RED....
There has been some string around with the AG... Barr is starting to make some noise. He better hurry with the cuffs or Trump will lose in 2020...
Ray

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
FUCK OFF,Rd has tried to be reasonable with you fuck ups.I stayed away from your bullshit for several days.Your a fucking stalker,you post up my name like I give a shit.One more time,Stay the fuck away from me.Nothing but contempt for what you represent.
How about this, buddy? If Trump is impeached you quit RDP. If h is not impeached by Memorial Day, I quit RDP. Either way, I’m out of your head.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Fuck your wagers,your IQ tests.I ignored your garbage for several days did not quote your bullshit.I have no more insults for you.You are irrelevant.Try to understand words that are said to you .Stay away,I have not quoted you for several days.You do the same.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Fuck your wagers,your IQ tests.I ignored your garbage for several days did not quote your bullshit.I have no more insults for you.You are irrelevant.Try to understand words that are said to you .Stay away,I have not quoted you for several days.You do the same.
If you don’t want to be quoted, stop saying crazy shit.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Same with you Squeezer,you had the last word when you posted your racist crap.”Your White Neighborhood” All I hear now is You telling your real estate agent. “ make sure you find me a house in a white neighborhood.”
At least your honest,”

squeezer

Reaction score

Yore going to have to be a bit less ambiguous here...

squeezer

Reaction score
Same with you Squeezer,you had the last word when you posted your racist crap.”Your White Neighborhood” All I hear now is You telling your real estate agent. “ make sure you find me a house in a white neighborhood.”
At least your honest,”

Those are the only neighborhoods in this state... And if you could follow a thread you would have picked that up. And further you would understand the ironic history of proudly progressive yet overtly racist Portland.

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
If you don’t want to be quoted, stop saying crazy shit.

There it is again,this is a forum,Your telling members what to post now?Fuck You and your ilk.Stay the fuck away from me,run along,your opinions mean nothing.You have traction on nothing except hatred.

squeezer

Reaction score
There it is again,this is a forum,Your telling members what to post now?Fuck You and your ilk.Stay the fuck away from me,run along,your opinions mean nothing.You have traction on nothing except hatred.

Pretty obvious he has traction inside your head at this point in time...

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Those are the only neighborhoods in this state... And if you could follow a you would have picked that up. And further you would understand the ironic history of proudly progressive yet overtly racist Portland.

Squeezer,get in line,my plate slightly full tonight.Whatever works for you have at it.
Yore going to have to be a bit less ambiguous here...

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Pretty obvious he has traction inside your head at this point in time...

That’s priceless,he knows damn well what going on here.He cannot stay away from any of us.That proven day after day.Really makes no difference,President Trump will not be impeached.End of story for me.What you guys want not going to happen.

squeezer

Reaction score
That’s priceless,he knows damn well what going on here.He cannot stay away from any of us.That proven day after day.Really makes no difference,President Trump will not be impeached.End of story for me.What you guys want not going to happen.

You realize that when Nancy and her team write up articles of impeachment and send them to the Senate for deliberation Trump has by definition been impeached... Now I don't thing the Senate will pass a resolution to remove him from office, but make no mistake, he will be impeached.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
RVR, put him on ignore. I can't see any of his shit and it's great, like he isn't even here...
Ray

That is the best alternative,Guess I keep expecting the final meltdown.WTF,he deleted entire 2 year impeachment thread and now has started it all over.Same crap

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
You realize that when Nancy and her team write up articles of impeachment and send them to the Senate for deliberation Trump has by definition been impeached... Now I don't thing the Senate will pass a resolution to remove him from office, but make no mistake, he will be impeached.

Not to me,never happen.This inquiry is garbage.Trump has been a good President,at least in my world he has worked hard.You guys have been had.Why you so upset?So caught up in bullshit that you spend free time wasting time arguing with no chance of changing anything.

HotRod82

Reaction score

I'm not so sure.....I think the exposure for the democrats is huge in an actual impeachment. Trump will put Joe Biden on the stand, play the video of him bragging about getting that prosecutor fired, and ask him to explain himself. Then, Hunter Biden will be called to testify about his no-show job, then Hillary will be called and asked about her relationship with Crowdstrike in Ukraine, on, and on, and on, BIG risk for the dems.....I think it is more likely they will take it up to the doorstep of impeachment then not have an actual vote.

530RL

Reaction score
What goes around, comes around........

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It’s possible you don’t actually know what impeachment is. Regardless, it is near 100% certainty that he will be impeached. And I really look forward to telling you I told you so.

In that case I look forward to his acquittal by the senate, and then his reelection :).. and then telling you I told you so.

fmo24

Reaction score
Just read vote may not happen Thursday. They will probably try to hide out until after the weekend or a late Friday night vote to miss the news cycle

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
What charge/accusation do you KNOW he will be impeached on?

MCnParker

Reaction score
What is your take on this?

https://www.westernjournal.com/schi...2Cso242Cmoqo8_fP-XXDfjt3XaedOGWnJjUMQ9oNkYgjc

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
"The Times’ report made it fairly clear: “The phrases do not fundamentally change lawmakers’ understanding of the call.” None of this is new or exciting information. But the idea that the inquiry is getting somewhere sure makes great copy, doesn’t it?"

Fucking morons.

"Liberal twat makes media headlines trying to continue to slander sitting President" is what the fucking head lines should say.

I pray you get your wish of civil war, because more and more people are getting fed up with all this bullshit every day.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
What charge/accusation do you KNOW he will be impeached on?
Abuse of power and/or obstruction of justice. 99% probability of impeachment by House. You wanna take my $100 wager?