WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Housing Building Boom

LazyLavey

Reaction score
@Tank
Must be thousands of new apartments/condos being built in your city.. What's with the frenzy?? Affordable housing??

Tank

Reaction score
@Tank
Must be thousands of new apartments/condos being built in your city.. What's with the frenzy?? Affordable housing??

Building boom everywhere it seems. Down here on the beach construction remodels are non stop. However there’s only a handful of lots left. Over in the north end of town they’re building like crazy. Condos houses apartments. I don’t know if it’s affordable though. Shits expensive.

Huge project in Ventura too right by the freeway of town homes.

They just built a complex of town homes at harbor and wooly. They’re going for 900-1mil each and they’re not exactly big.

Last edited:

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I was told that Amazon will build 200 + delivery centers next year

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Cool, you guys keep building! Must need the housing over there, because we keep getting the overflow 😂

In all seriousness though, I like knowing people are still working. Even with our influx, means guys out here are working. I don't like how rates are jacked, but I like them all being busy. It's good for everyone.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Apple is going to add 5000 high paying jobs here in San Diego. Tech center only a few miles away from my house. Values around here are still rising. Closing in on $2,000,000 for a not too special tract house. Crazy! ADUs are going up all around as well. My crews have never been busier. I'm turning down fat jobs every week because I don't have the capacity to take them on.

wet hull

Reaction score
Apple is going to add 5000 high paying jobs here in San Diego. Tech center only a few miles away from my house. Values around here are still rising. Closing in on $2,000,000 for a not too special tract house. Crazy! ADUs are going up all around as well. My crews have never been busier. I'm turning down fat jobs every week because I don't have the capacity to take them on.
What part of San Diego for Apple? What you guys fetching average sq ft on ADU? I just bid 2 in Encinitas at $300sq ft and in final negotiations now. This pricing is nuts but my subs are increasing and same with materials and delays.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Future looks good for property tax revenues..

socal0487

Reaction score
@Tank

the city for years has denied building permits. Residents would complain near the vacant site and the city would cave. Harbor and Figueroa is a prime example. Vacant lot across from fairgrounds. Hotel wanted to go in there but paseo de playa residents and crowne plaza complained and got there way. Seems after the Thomas Fire the city hopefully has figured things out and streamlined the permit process cause there’s building going on everywhere in the city.

77charger

Reaction score
What part of San Diego for Apple? What you guys fetching average sq ft on ADU? I just bid 2 in Encinitas at $300sq ft and in final negotiations now. This pricing is nuts but my subs are increasing and same with materials and delays.
My old place is busy and short staffed they call me to come back to work so doing about 8-10 days a month for now. Paying good too rest of time I’m off and playing around at home.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that any building on Main that is currently unoccupied is being rezoned for residential or mandated zoned for residential???????

NicPaus

Reaction score
I am still waiting on head guy at building and safety now from my city. Sitting here for over 3 hours. Piles of blueprints every where. No wonder they have lost 4 sets for my customers project. @Melloyellovector favorite inspector was here a minute ago. Felipe still has not emerged.

Tank

Reaction score
the city for years has denied building permits. Residents would complain near the vacant site and the city would cave. Harbor and Figueroa is a prime example. Vacant lot across from fairgrounds. Hotel wanted to go in there but paseo de playa residents and crowne plaza complained and got there way. Seems after the Thomas Fire the city hopefully has figured things out and streamlined the permit process cause there’s building going on everywhere in the city.

when the Hilton wanted to build a hotel at fig and harbor they were sent back from the review committee no less that 10 times. By the end, there were changes in design that the city was demanding that wein the original renditions. Hilton got fed up and left.

the new project down byVentura harbor is HELLA nice.

City of Ventura has disguised no growth under “smart growth”. They have done this for decades. However recently they’re starting to finally allow building as evident by the big project by San Jon / harbor and in the Ventura harbor. I’m pretty sure they’re also going to shut down Main Street Permanently down town for vehicle traffic and make it like the 3rd st promenade in Santa Monica.

there’s also a large apartment complex going on at Johnson and the 101. Hopefully that helps the strip malls on the opposite corners as they have suffered for a while with lack of foot traffic since the century 16 closed and went to river park in Oxnard.

Last edited:

LuauLounge

Reaction score
City of Sacramento permits and fees run $90k on SFR up front, then $8k or more every year after. Organized crime, in my opinion.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I am still waiting on head guy at building and safety now from my city. Sitting here for over 3 hours. Piles of blueprints every where. No wonder they have lost 4 sets for my customers project. @Melloyellovector favorite inspector was here a minute ago. Felipe still has not emerged.
Iv refused to bid at least 3 large projects out there this year. All because that inspector is such a dumb fuk. :cool:

NicPaus

Reaction score
Iv refused to bid at least 3 large projects out there this year. All because that inspector is such a dumb fuk. :cool:
I waited until they threw me out today. Felipe never came out. They said he locked his office door and was not answering. 11 months trying to get a permit that was approved in March but they lost the approved plans. Customer is livid. Try again tomorrow to get the permit. She couldn't find the plans again today that are approved according to Felipe.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I waited until they threw me out today. Felipe never came out. They said he locked his office door and was not answering. 11 months trying to get a permit that was approved in March but they lost the approved plans. Customer is livid. Try again tomorrow to get the permit. She couldn't find the plans again today that are approved according to Felipe.
Are you absolutely sure that you aren't working with the city and county of Honolulu..holy shit its the same thing.