WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How about some boating content ? Or related to boating

milkmoney

Reaction score
I have a large box anchor , I am needing a small box anchor. Wondering if anybody has a small box anchor , that would like to trade straight across ? I will be out for desert storm [emoji106][emoji41][emoji202]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a large box anchor , I am needing a small box anchor. Wondering if anybody has a small box anchor , that would like to trade straight across ? I will be out for desert storm [emoji106][emoji41][emoji202]

I'm in the middle of posting the lifeline shop tour right now.. Waxing the boat tonight (just got back from color sand and buff) and we are taking it out tomorrow. There's been a ton of actual boating content / shop content on here as of late?
RD

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Had a large but traded it for a small. Those things are monsters!!

milkmoney

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of posting the lifeline shop tour right now.. Waxing the boat tonight (just got back from color sand and buff) and we are taking it out tomorrow. There's been a ton of actual boating content / shop content on here as of late?
RD

Again. I am not sure why u posted that. Did u have a small box anchor ???[emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Had a large but traded it for a small. Those things are monsters!!

Yes they are. Went from a 25' to a 21' , so was jus trying to not purchase a small but I will if need be and then sell my large [emoji106][emoji202]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Yes they are. Went from a 25' to a 21' , so was jus trying to not purchase a small but I will if need be and then sell my large [emoji106][emoji202]
My small doesn't hold my boat worth a crap....Lol. If I can't beach I face it forward and tie off the rear with the box and spike in the front.

I bought my large of Paul64k and had no idea how big it was. Had it on my boat for one day and traded a guy at Pirates for a small and some cash...[emoji41]

milkmoney

Reaction score
My small doesn't hold my boat worth a crap....Lol. If I can't beach I face it forward and tie off the rear with the box and spike in the front.

I bought my large of Paul64k and had no idea how big it was. Had it on my boat for one day and traded a guy at Pirates for a small and some cash...[emoji41]

If I understand correctly. The box anchor is in the back. And u swim out to front and dive down to sand spike it. Seems a little hard.
I don't know how many times I almost dropped that large anchor on my boat and wears me the fuck out jus pulling it up. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
If I understand correctly. The box anchor is in the back. And u swim out to front and dive down to sand spike it. Seems a little hard.
I don't know how many times I almost dropped that large anchor on my boat and wears me the fuck out jus pulling it up. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]
If we are rafted up or anchored in a cove I just throw my box. Works good as long as it's protected. Tried to Anchor in a Cove at Islander and it wouldn't hold because of all the traffic so I flipped it around and I set my sand Spike down tied off the front and threw the box off the back which worked fine. I do the same thing at 3 Dunes if we can't get the good parking spots.

Icky

Reaction score
I used my box anchor for the first time last weekend, I usually use two slide anchors.

I thought the type of bought u bought doesn't​ leave the trailer. You can get some pretty light weight wheel chocks:p

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Again. I am not sure why u posted that. Did u have a small box anchor ???[emoji202]

The title of the thread said "How about some boating content?" I was responding to that.

FYI, the anchors are a pain in the dick. I either beach it with a slide anchor, or use two slide anchors like the person above.

RD

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Are you using 2 slide anchors in shallow water? How do you set it up? I have a large box and that sob is big. Planning only using 1 time year doing Easter camping and pirates.

milkmoney

Reaction score
The title of the thread said "How about some boating content?" I was responding to that.

FYI, the anchors are a pain in the dick. I either beach it with a slide anchor, or use two slide anchors like the person above.

RD

I was trying to make a title to make members open up is all , wasn't sure where to put my thread to get seen. Didn't want to crap in someone's thread for an anchor [emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
I used my box anchor for the first time last weekend, I usually use two slide anchors.

I thought the type of bought u bought doesn't​ leave the trailer. You can get some pretty light weight wheel chocks:p

Lol. Ok who got some expensive wheel chocks to go with trailer queen. Lol [emoji106][emoji41][emoji202]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you using 2 slide anchors in shallow water? How do you set it up? I have a large box and that sob is big. Planning only using 1 time year doing Easter camping and pirates.

Either I'll beach it and use one up front, and then one off the transom.. Or I'll get it real close to the beach and run the boat parallel to the beach and use a front and back (non crowded area), or like you said.. I'll just deal with the depth a little and shove that SOB in the sand off the transom and use the front like normal. I'd rather deal with holding my breath for 30 seconds then deal with folding and unfolding a box anchor and carrying it across the deck of my boat etc.

RD

milkmoney

Reaction score

I would say one in front and one in back. My problem is that I will put boat out always from other boats and give more room at sand bar , so I can't see me diving down and trying to pound sand spike in bottom.

Maybe I have to re think this and jus ditch the anchor period. And pick up another same spike. [emoji106][emoji202]

4Waters

Reaction score
I have a small box anchor and it does just fine with wind and traffic it will hold mine and my buddies boat in light 6-7mph winds. On a side note I got lucky and found mine 3 years ago on Craigslist the guy selling it was from Bakersfield and said he was shore fishing at Isabella and found it high and dry where there should have been 20 feet of water, I paid $40.00.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I would say one in front and one in back. My problem is that I will put boat out always from other boats and give more room at sand bar , so I can't see me diving down and trying to pound sand spike in bottom.

Maybe I have to re think this and jus ditch the anchor period. And pick up another same spike. [emoji106][emoji202]

As you very well know, the large box held us in place at the DS raft up last year... up until someone in the middle of the raft decided they were done and broke it up :grumble:

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score

Or if you want to sell it flat out. I am in need of one.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Believe I do and would!...I'll make sure tomorrow! :)A good 6 (or more) foot of heavy chain to any anchor makes them work much better!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I'd rather deal with holding my breath for 30 seconds then deal with folding and unfolding a box anchor and carrying it across the deck of my boat etc.

RD

A new anchor is coming out and should be ready by summer. It has done away with all the monkey shine of unfolding and folding of the box anchor.

I'll post pix as soon as I get the OK.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I will have to look in my garage when I am up in a few weeks not sure if i have a small still or gave it away.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Believe I do and would!...I'll make sure tomorrow! :)A good 6 (or more) foot of heavy chain to any anchor makes them work much better!

Ok let me know, I have 6' chain on mine [emoji106][emoji202]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Boating related:
[video=youtube;e_7-sLkhEQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_7-sLkhEQQ[/video]