WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How are your backing skills?

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Double pivot is tough, but that being said, the length of the trailer in the center helps stabilize the package. It slows down the turn and such.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not bad, but let's see him back up a set of doubles, with con gear...

Didn't know they made diesel roll bar boats!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I used to be pretty good at that, but its been years....I worked on a loading dock for a large LTL carrier for many years....my main job was running the yard goat moving trailers around...the long haul guys would pay me to hook their sets up so that when they get in the yard they just have to do their precheck and roll...so I learned to hook the front trailer to the gear then back it into the rear trailer because it was a lot faster then the other way of first setting the gear in front of the rear trailer, dropping it, then going to get the front trailer, etc.....also in the mornings the long haul guys would just drop their sets in the yard., so instead of breaking up the set out there and bringing the trailers to the dock, I would hook the whole set up, back the rear trailer to the dock, unhook, drop the gear in the yard, then back the front trailer back at the dock as well...

Now, I probably couldnt do it for the life of me....

4Waters

Reaction score
I can back doubles a little bit my buddy can do that no problem

TrollerDave

Reaction score
All that money invested and Bro can’t even afford a drop hitch. 😁

Skilled yeah, but That’s a big open space. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll probably jackknife all 3. Just saying he’s got wide streets to work with.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I don’t want to brag or anything......

1599150374518.gif

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Probably the same dude that did this amazing jump out of the water...dude's got skillz.😂

yard dog

Reaction score
I used to be pretty good at that, but its been years....I worked on a loading dock for a large LTL carrier for many years....my main job was running the yard goat moving trailers around...the long haul guys would pay me to hook their sets up so that when they get in the yard they just have to do their precheck and roll...so I learned to hook the front trailer to the gear then back it into the rear trailer because it was a lot faster then the other way of first setting the gear in front of the rear trailer, dropping it, then going to get the front trailer, etc.....also in the mornings the long haul guys would just drop their sets in the yard., so instead of breaking up the set out there and bringing the trailers to the dock, I would hook the whole set up, back the rear trailer to the dock, unhook, drop the gear in the yard, then back the front trailer back at the dock as well...

Now, I probably couldnt do it for the life of me....
😀😉🤥

mbrown2

Reaction score
How many docks were injured in that backup?:)

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
The new Boat Chick presents an interesting topic for discussion..... If you have a woman who owns a boat [such a rarity in my experience] and she has another woman or man as her guest dealing with ramp/ dock scenarios ... who will stay with the boat and who will deal with the truck & trailer after launching?

For me I've always gotten my ladies comfortable with all things behind the wheel of the truck and I deal with everything at the boat as we launch/ delaunch. Its all about roles and having them pre established.

rrrr

Reaction score
If you can back a single axle you can back ANYTHING and any size

Some of the best entertainment you'll see at the boat ramp is someone trying to back up a stand up jet ski on a single axle trailer with a lifted 4X4. The driver knows it's back there somewhere, but it only shows up in the mirrors when it's completely sideways. 😁

I never had much trouble doing it, but that probably had a lot to do with the summer I was thirteen. My dad repeatedly made me back a Lincoln SA-200 through a congested job sites with crusty old construction workers watching (and laughing). It was good training. :oops::oops:😁

THE BOAT CHIC

Reaction score
The new Boat Chick presents an interesting topic for discussion..... If you have a woman who owns a boat [such a rarity in my experience] and she has another woman or man as her guest dealing with ramp/ dock scenarios ... who will stay with the boat and who will deal with the truck & trailer after launching?

For me I've always gotten my ladies comfortable with all things behind the wheel of the truck and I deal with everything at the boat as we launch/ delaunch. Its all about roles and having them pre established.
I personally back the trailer, launch the boat, dock and then go back and take the truck and trailer and park...If I have someone who can back a trailer, I welcome the help for sure.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I personally back the trailer, launch the boat, dock and then go back and take the truck and trailer and park...If I have someone who can back a trailer, I welcome the help for sure.
I was attempting to get the fellas to share some of their stories around sharing responsibilities launching/ de launching but failed. So you are doing it solo which takes some abilities depending on size of vessel. Good on ya.... welcome to the asylum. Wish there were more like you.