WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How bout some options for BBQ on the new toon?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
not too sure if I wanna deal with this or not...

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
3EF50379-767A-4AAD-9E5A-ADDDDE630134.jpeg
This is what I went with, pull two pins and remove to store away. Rides fine while under way, just need to remove propane bottle and regulator.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We have the pedestal mount that leaves the little base plate locking thingy mounted on the rear deck. Always worked great, didn’t trust it though to leave it on while underway but that looks pretty dorkish anyway. Went to west marine took pics of the part numbers then amazoned it for half the price.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Basically 3 options it seems. A removable pedestal mount typically in the bow or stern of the boat. A rail mounted BBQ but that seems to work best mounted to square side rails or just have your BBQ on board and move it around as needed like the beach area or in my old deck boat I would just place it on top of my table set up in the bow and stow it away when I was finished. BBQ seems to be one of the best amenities to have on a toon though. Much rather have a burger or something hot cooked then a cold sandwich from the cooler.

PlanB

Reaction score
We had the rail mounted Magma (like the one above) on our last toon. After it was stolen I decided not to replace it. It was cool having a BBQ at first, but we found ourselves using it less and less over the years. It was also messy, and I would have to throw towels on the deck to keep grease off of it. I don't see another BBQ in our future.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I gonna need to look closer at my options for a rail to put it on, the top of my seat cushions pretty much match up to the rails in most places. I may have to go with post mount on the back.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I modified a cheap smoke hollow with kuuma mounts. I hated the thought of having grease drip on the rug so I'd leave it on until I had it back on the trailer and it worked perfectly. Thing was stout as fuck even in the washing machine that is Parker. My next add was "hard lining" it to a small 5lb tank mounted under the helm to eliminate the stress from the hanging disposal camping tank but then I sold it.
tapatalk_1549744196360.jpeg
tapatalk_1549744201259.jpeg

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

TCHB

Reaction score
I just carry a small portable. Most of the time I just call Barley Brothers for take out.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I can count how many times I've used mine on one hand...

Roadrunner is FAR less work.