WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How did I ever live without this gadget?

bocco

Reaction score
So I'm usually the guy that's not big on a lot of the goodies and gadgets. But this backup camera is really cool.

20210515_124328.jpg

236eagledave

Reaction score
I like the zoom feature on mine. Gets the the trailer ball in perfect position every time.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
The back up camera is the best feature in new cars... next to radar cruise control.

I don't have either.

Tell us more about your set up.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yup, put rear cameras on both my tow vehicles a handful of years ago and I no longer get frustrated with my wifes crossed-up hand signals. Even put a second cam on my truck to clearly see 5'er hitch, in fact, I put a 3rd one on rear of 5'er so while driving I can see behind me as if a normal rear view mirror.
The camera setups I've installed all replaced my OEM rear view mirror. The truck one is actually dash-cam stuff so it records front and rear views.
It's like sliced bread.....with butter and jam😊

Last edited:

renodaytona

Reaction score
@Ziggy which ones did you install? I've been wanting to put one on my truck as it doesn't have one and I have looked at serval aftermarket ones.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I’m old school and almost never look at my camera- mirrors all the way.

But.....hooking up to a trailer by yourself, the camera can’t be beat.

If you tow the same trailer all the time, I pick a landmark on the trailer (about 2” of steering wheel visible) that lines up with the top of the tailgate through the mirror and that gets me within about 2” of the ball most times...

Back up cameras are for maskers.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
@Ziggy which ones did you install? I've been wanting to put one on my truck as it doesn't have one and I have looked at serval aftermarket ones.
I used this one. There are several just like it but I chose this one because it came with sd card too. Ordered a mirror arm and fab'd a bracket to mount mirror to it so the added weight of dashcam mirror doesn't overwhelm the glued-on tab on windshield. Bought a couple compatible rear cameras and ran that cable to mirror too. Depending on which function I need I'll swap which is plugged into the mirror.
It's been a great addition for multiple reasons.👍
Screenshot_20210517-090624_Amazon Shopping.jpg

bocco

Reaction score
The back up camera is the best feature in new cars... next to radar cruise control.

I don't have either.

I just bought a new RAM pick up. This is the 12" display. The camera is on the top of the tailgate.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score

I don't have either.

I have that and I think it’s dangerous sometimes when the brakes jack up and you’re not expecting it. I set the cruise gap on narrow and last week on a curve between golden valley and bullhead there was a semi in the other lane. The radar thought it was in mine and jacked the car up. Fuck that adapted cruise.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

I don't have either.

I've rented a few cars with the adaptive cruise and I'm not a fan so far. Even with the following distance adjusted all the way down, it still leaves a giant gap where you constantly get shuffled backwards in traffic. It also seems to get lost while changing lanes which makes me feel like an ass if I slot into a gap in traffic and then the cruise slows me down right in front of another car. I wish there was a way to turn it off.

4Waters

Reaction score
You can probably turn the colored boxes off.
You can, post 6, I did it on my wife's car 2014 I'm just not sure the programming stayed the same so I'm curious if it's still the same on RD's truck. He is out of town so we will have to wait until he gets back to Havasu

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You can, post 6, I did it on my wife's car 2014 I'm just not sure the programming stayed the same so I'm curious if it's still the same on RD's truck. He is out of town so we will have to wait until he gets back to Havasu

They are all Sync based, should be the same or very similar.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I've rented a few cars with the adaptive cruise and I'm not a fan so far. Even with the following distance adjusted all the way down, it still leaves a giant gap where you constantly get shuffled backwards in traffic. It also seems to get lost while changing lanes which makes me feel like an ass if I slot into a gap in traffic and then the cruise slows me down right in front of another car. I wish there was a way to turn it off.
i drove a 2020 gmc pickup with the adaptive cruise and it stays close enough that i had a few times i almost went for the brakes. and with one button you can turn it off for regular cruise

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We have them on 2 of our trucks , wifey for the longest time could not figure out how I stick it every time 🤔😂😂😂

oldschool

Reaction score
Backup camera is handy as a shirt pocket for backing up to the trailer, but sucks for backing the trailer. And if your Sync is acting wonky I learned how to reset it today. Hold the power button and song forward button down at the same time for 5 seconds and it will reset.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
I use my testicles to hook up my trailer, havent let me down yet thankfully........