WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How did you find RDP???😎

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
HotBoat, RiverRatLife(RRL), RDP member#15 on day one.
Also a joined Performance Boats but didn't really like it.
Was quite active on HavasuDougs and earned moderator status there.

Last edited:

River Runnin

Reaction score
Revised! .. So one day I was going through my e-mail and found something about joining River Dave’s place! :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I was on HotBoat and it was augering bad. The end was definitely near and it was cowboys and Indians.
Migrated to PB’s for a bit and then JBB or Tom Brown texted me that Dave started a new website. Maybe it wasn’t either of them but someone texted me. I lurked and signed up a few months later.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
All the boat sites led here…
Hotboat (they used to have a magazine)
RiverRatLife (got a t-shirt)
Performance Boats
Barneys
Buncha others

Last edited:

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
It was HavasuHank that told me about it when we were neighbors. I will honestly say about 9 out of 10 people I socialize with I have met from being in this forum. Great place to meet people with a common interest.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I was searching Craigslist for a trailer to borrow.

Actually…bought a boat from Horizon Motorsports and they asked me if I knew about RDP. After I towed the boat home, I lurked for a few months.

I should have known…

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Got wind of this site from a guy from work after I bought my boat in 2010 and was asking for cool places to go boating. RDP got he turned onto Parker and the Enduro. Been going multiple times every year ever since. Met RD couple times first was at the cantina when he was hosting the Enduro. Brought my son and introduced ourselves, was really cool which was a little different for me coming from the Valley in CA where people are not always so friendly. Kinda made me feel like I was amongst friends even though I didn’t know anyone. I remember I had my RDP hat on and everywhere I went people always said hi and said nice hat or asked what my user name was. I remember my wife saying what the hell is this River Daves Place! Now 9/10 times when she comes up to me about what I’m doing on my phone she says, let me guess River Dave’s!!! Lol.

Joe mama

Reaction score
For me it dates back to the Hot Boat times then Performance Boat. I don’t remember exactly what happenEd but got wind RD was starting up his own web site. By that time I was ready to find something not so combatted. So hear I am.😎 Thanks Dave.
Same

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was an OG Hot Boat member and I had a mutual friend with Dave (Dave didn't know me). You will see that many of us have "Joined" Dates in December of 2007 when Hot Boat shut down. For the record, they did have a magazine! 🤣

Sharpy

Reaction score
I was an OG Hot Boat member and I had a mutual friend with Dave (Dave didn't know me). You will see that many of us have "Joined" Dates in December of 2007 when Hot Boat shut down. For the record, they did have a magazine! 🤣
^^^^This, and I went wherever J@rdy wasn't! 🤣🤣

jet496

Reaction score
For me it dates back to the Hot Boat times then Performance Boat. I don’t remember exactly what happenEd but got wind RD was starting up his own web site. By that time I was ready to find something not so combatted. So hear I am.😎 Thanks Dave.
Same here. I transitioned when I needed advice on replacing my impeller, wear rings & upgrades, which people on this forum assisted me through them all.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It was HavasuHank that told me about it when we were neighbors. I will honestly say about 9 out of 10 people I socialize with I have met from being in this forum. Great place to meet people with a common interest.
I thought it was that "ellabo" dude?
😊

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I was searching for data and information on Spectra Marine and their boats. This was the only place with detailed information and builds...

Found a bunch of awesome people who shared many of my favorite addictions.....done deal!

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
I went the whole path as well - Hot boat, RiverRat Life, Havasu Barney, and Performance Boat.

beerrun

Reaction score
I had an overheating issue with my boat that no one could figure out and started searching on the internet and came across RDP and stayed

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Migrated when the Spectra website was absorbed around 2007 or so.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Started boating in the 70’s and went from 19’ to 2 Jet Skis to 47’. Took a break from owning and let my friends haul me around. Then when the better half wanted another boat, I convinced her to buy a place on the Delta. Then, it was we have to buy a boat and then we also need 2 skis. Started on OSO and then stumbled on this place.
Tom Brown and JBB seemed to dominate the threads, but it was entertaining.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Coming to Havasu for years viewing all these forums River Rat Life, Havasu Doug, Havasu Barney, The inside line and River Racer X and then rdp.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Google search for info on Halletts while shopping for a 240.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I knew of the site but didn't join until my jet bote engine broke the crank. I joined to see who would be the best person, engine builder, to help with repowering the boat. Because of my screenname I was banned right away. After sending an email pretty much saying come on man I was approved as an inmate. I hung around because of the lack of ridiculous rules here and you're able to say what you need to say. You can say stuff like for fucks sake and bad words like shit and crap.

Last edited:

samsah33

Reaction score
Dunno how I found it, but lurked for a long long time, and then saw a thread on the boating website about guitars, so naturally I had to join... To this day, I'm only on linkedin and RDP.

SoCalZero

Reaction score
I was searching for a 21’ Schiada and RDP kept popping up in searches. After a few short months of searching I found one and joined RDP to find out any history of boat.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I was posting a boat build on another forum and someone posted a link to it for RDP members to go look at it. Dave posted "hell yes, boat content, tell Go-Fly to come over here". Here I am and my pronoun is "what the fuck do you know about it".😁

Dog

Reaction score
I was looking for someone that spun out in the reeds.... Oops wrong forum.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was posting a boat build on another forum and someone posted a link to it for RDP members to go look at it. Dave posted "hell yes, boat content, tell Go-Fly to come over here". Here I am and my pronoun is "what the fuck do you know about it".😁

Still Wish that turbo 2 stroke got finished.. I really wanted to see how that was gonna turn out

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Wasn't it an axial flow supercharged and fuel injected two stroke?
It was, using model ducted fan jet blades. Good for 40k RPM. Six coil system, one for each plug. We retimed the intake ports and restricted the exhaust some. I was able to burp start it when we set up the injectors. Went lean and had some other problems. The boat is gone but I still have the motor.🤔

A side note: I though the motor got tossed when I moved to AZ. Yesterday I saw it in my brother's barn. Wrapped up and in perfect shape.

Last edited:

wishiknew

Reaction score
It was, using model ducted fan jet blades. Good for 40k RPM. Six coil system, one for each plug. We retimed the intake ports and restricted the exhaust some. I was able to burp start it when we set up the injectors. Went lean and had some other problems. The boat is gone but I still have the motor.🤔

A side note: I though the motor got tossed when I moved to AZ. Yesterday I saw it in my brother's barn. Wrapped up and in perfect shape.
Wasn’t bad blown 572 Danny

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
My simple story... Was on HotBoat for years. Was always looking for a cool V-drive and thought that I found a good one that a friend of the family owned (74 Sanger bubble deck with a blown 468) I had to get some financial shit in order that week and he ended up selling it before I got everything together but him and a CHP buddy of my dad found the Cougar...
HotBoat failed and I went to the performance boats deal as well as Finnigan's freeboard challenged site while it was a thing. The same CHP dude had "Purple Haze" the 20' Silverwing. He told me about River Dave's, so I joined up sometime around 2009. Later on got to meet a few members and finally Dave and Stacey at the boat show. I told Dave what I was running, and unfortunately for me he never forgot that I was the dude with the Cougar 🤣
Lol

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I had no choice, the people that knew how to use my decoder came here from hot boat.

And I ended up meeting more people in person plus had very few people bitching at me for my terrible ways 😀

eand28

Reaction score
I think i came across the site looking for information on schiada’s and other west coast boats

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Someone told me that there was some pictures of a white black guy in a Mini boat Giving hot chicks rides in the channel...LMAO Besides that I was getting banned from all the other websites.... LOL 😆 🤣 😂

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1528951631319.jpg
    FB_IMG_1528951631319.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 32
  • FB_IMG_1505185105283.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505185105283.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 33