WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How differently covid affects people.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Here is a perfect example of how random this fucking thing is, this is a good friend of mine that passed yesterday of covid at 31 yrs old other than being over weight I don't know of any other comorbidities that could have contributed to his passing from the virus. As I have stated I'm 58 and not fit and had this thing for two weeks with very little issues.

gqchris

Reaction score
Sorry about your friend. This is just a bullshit to see so many kids losing their parents from this.

gqchris

Reaction score
Thank you he was one of the kindest people I've known. Always there to lend a helping hand and one hell of a concrete guy.
I almost lost one of my friends 3 weeks ago. He texted me at 12am on a Sunday night in the ICU asking me to look after his two baby girls because he didn't think he was going to make it. I haven't cried that much in a long time. I laid in bed just weeping and praying. He pulled thru and we got lucky. I can only imagine the pain your heart has right now. I am donating to help Yesenia now what I can.

gqchris

Reaction score
My wife's co-worker has been in the ICU for 5 nights with covid and pneumonia. She can't breathe without them administrating oxygen. She's 50 years old and healthy. Sad.

Prayers for your Friend sir. She can pull thru tell her to keep the fight.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I almost lost one of my friends 3 weeks ago. He texted me at 12am on a Sunday night in the ICU asking me to look after his two baby girls because he didn't think he was going to make it. I haven't cried that much in a long time. I laid in bed just weeping and praying. He pulled thru and we got lucky. I can only imagine the pain your heart has right now. I am donating to help Yesenia now what I can.
Thank you so much

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss

Here is a perfect example of how random this fucking thing is, this is a good friend of mine that passed yesterday of covid at 31 yrs old other than being over weight I don't know of any other comorbidities that could have contributed to his passing from the virus. As I have stated I'm 58 and not fit and had this thing for two weeks with very little issues.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I hope the the doctors & scientists are working to determine why it can affect people so differently.😔

stoker

Reaction score
I got it along with 4 other friends about 10 days ago. One lady had prob breathing but didn’t require hospitalization. The rest of us had what I would describe as moderate cold symptoms. I went to a quick test place this morning to see if I was still positive . This time I came back positive for Covid and tested positive for the flu as well .

KevinR

Reaction score
My symptoms started out like a head cold for 5-6 days. Wish it stayed there.

I tested negative from a test Dec 2 after 4 weeks of the crap. I do have a leukemia that made my body struggle to push through it. The Covid barely got to my lungs last 5-6 days. Then I woke up one morning and no fever, no body aches, headache or joint aches.

Now I’ve got a nasty headache since Christmas Day and docs think it’s holdover symptoms. No fever. Go figure.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Sorry about your friend. RIP

My son had it and came thru OK, my oldest grandson has had it and struggled with headaches mostly and being tired. I just got over and had it for about 3 weeks. I did have to run to the hospital one night for oxygen assistance. Feeling 100% now.

Its real but if you are at risk then people should stay home. That sometimes doesn't work either.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
RIP to your friend. By the time this is over, we are all going to have similar stories. Sad that this was turned political, and people use words like hoax and scamdemic to describe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamGreene

Reaction score
RIP to your friend. By the time this is over, we are all going to have similar stories. Sad that this was turned political, and people use words like hoax and scamdemic to describe it.

Thank you

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Sorry about your friend. RIP

My son had it and came thru OK, my oldest grandson has had it and struggled with headaches mostly and being tired. I just got over and had it for about 3 weeks. I did have to run to the hospital one night for oxygen assistance. Feeling 100% now.

Its real but if you are at risk then people should stay home. That sometimes doesn't work either.
Thank you

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

I think that has happened as a result of people looking at the responses to this. As time has gone on and more data continues to emerge, the contrast between how democrat areas and republican areas are handling this is striking.

Democrats seem to have no problem taking peoples rights away while republicans seem to believe there better be a damn good reason for doing that. Knowing what we know now, Covid has not been a damn good reason for doing that, but democrat areas don't want to acknowledge it.

See Florida vs California. Florida governor has said no masks and no bullshit required. We all know the story with California. And guess what? Florida's numbers aren't any worse than California. What does that tell someone? It tells me that the CA bullshit isn't working and isn't necessary. Democrat "leadership" in the state doesn't want to release control though.

One party is clearly for freedom of choice and the other is not. With the way things have been handled, it's no wonder it has been labeled a partisan issue.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

How about the fact that when the "scamdemic" went live they kept actual emergency cases out of the ER and let them die because they wanted to keep ICU's open?

Yep. My mother, RIP, died on March 29th, her birthday, after getting kicked out of the local hospital because the complications from her alcoholism were not considered "priority" due to the covid fuckery.

They admitted her, tested her, she was negative, then they discharged her. Refused to readmit her when she went back bloated and sick. She died from sepsis infection due to liver failure at home.

Final dick punch, her death cert mailed to me listed CV19 as cause of death.

My Story is not similar. There is no pandemic.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
How about the fact that when the "scamdemic" went live they kept actual emergency cases out of the ER and let them die because they wanted to keep ICU's open?

Yep. My mother, RIP, died on March 29th, her birthday, after getting kicked out of the local hospital because the complications from her alcoholism were not considered "priority" due to the covid fuckery.

They admitted her, tested her, she was negative, then they discharged her. Refused to readmit her when she went back bloated and sick. She died from sepsis infection due to liver failure at home.

Sorry about your mom. RIP.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I think that has happened as a result of people looking at the responses to this. As time has gone on and more data continues to emerge, the contrast between how democrat areas and republican areas are handling this is striking.

Democrats seem to have no problem taking peoples rights away while republicans seem to believe there better be a damn good reason for doing that. Knowing what we know now, Covid has not been a damn good reason for doing that, but democrat areas don't want to acknowledge it.

See Florida vs California. Florida governor has said no masks and no bullshit required. We all know the story with California. And guess what? Florida's numbers aren't any worse than California. What does that tell someone? It tells me that the CA bullshit isn't working and isn't necessary. Democrat "leadership" in the state doesn't want to release control though.

One party is clearly for freedom of choice and the other is not. With the way things have been handled, it's no wonder it has been labeled a partisan issue.

I think as time goes on we are learning more on how to treat it, and what works and doesn’t work.

I’m not a fan of closures, especially when the big box stores get to stay open.

Hammer

Reaction score
My wife and kids got it. Perfectly fine. No issues from the day they were diagnosed (youngest is 1 1/2). They are passed the 10 day mark and they had no symptoms the entire time.

I got it and was diagnosed with COVID Pneumonia. Put me in the ER for 12 hours. It’s been 17 days since my first symptoms and I’m still dealing with it. Body fatigue and slight runny nose every once in awhile. Primary care dr gave me the green light to be in public on day 10...

During the height of it my fever was uncontrollable from 4pm until late at night, I was wrapping myself in ice cold towels to keep my body temp below 100 degrees. That lasted 3 or 4 days. The odd thing was my body temp during the day was somewhat normal, just felt like the regular flu. But at 2-4:30 PM, I could feel my body temp rising fast and was able to prep with cold towels by day 2, I could then control my body temperature ahead of the high fever coming on.

I get cold sweats off and on and my primary doesn’t know why. On occasion my body temperature sky rockets (like hot flashes, no fever)and then goes back to normal, all in like a 2 minutes time. I have no energy to do anything. Two days ago I put on 4 handles on a drawer and had to rest and lie down for 45 minutes.

Every day I feel a little better than the day before, but I have to literally do little things and pace myself. I force myself to walk down my driveway and back. By the time I get done I break a sweat and am tired . But I feel better after.

I don’t believe in closures of restaurants and work. But I believe this is a serious problem for some and it’s ignorant of people to claim “it’s just the flu” not a big deal... or, it’s a “government conspiracy”those people can fuck off because I literally thought I was never going to see my family again. I thought like those people too...

I’m sorry to hear of people passing, that sucks. COVID is real and people need to respect it. I hope we can come up with a vaccine or cure so I don’t have to live in a bubble forever. I hate living cautiously every day....

Last edited:

TeamGreene

Reaction score
My wife and kids got it. Perfectly fine. No issues from the day they were diagnosed (youngest is 1 1/2). They are passed the 10 day mark and they had no symptoms the entire time.

I got it and was diagnosed with COVID Pneumonia. Put me in the ER for 12 hours. It’s been 17 days since my first symptoms and I’m still dealing with it. Body fatigue and slight runny nose every once in awhile. Primary care dr gave me the green light to be in public on day 10...

During the height of it my fever was uncontrollable from 4pm until late at night, I was wrapping myself in ice cold towels to keep my body temp below 100 degrees. That lasted 3 or 4 days. The odd thing was my body temp during the day was somewhat normal, just felt like the regular flu. But at 2-4:30 PM, I could feel my body temp rising fast and was able to prep with cold towels by day 2, I could then control my body temperature ahead of the high fever coming on.

I get cold sweats off and on and my primary doesn’t know why. On occasion my body temperature sky rockets (like hot flashes, no fever)and then goes back to normal, all in like a 2 minutes time. I have no energy to do anything. Two days ago I put on 4 handles on a drawer and had to rest and lie down for 45 minutes.

Every day I feel a little better than the day before, but I have to literally do little things and pace myself. I force myself to walk down my driveway and back. By the time I get done I break a sweat and am tired . But I feel better after.

I don’t believe in closures of restaurants and work. But I believe this is a serious problem for some and it’s ignorant of people to claim “it’s just the flu” not a big deal... or, it’s a “government conspiracy”those people can fuck off because I literally thought I was never going to see my family again. I thought like those people too...

I’m sorry to hear of people passing, that sucks. COVID is real and people need to respect it. I hope we can come up with a vaccine or cure so I don’t have to live in a bubble forever. I hate living cautiously every day....

Hope you get better soon. The fatigue deal takes a while to go away. Taking a shower and getting dressed was an ordeal for me when I had it.

Hammer

Reaction score
Hope you get better soon. The fatigue deal takes a while to go away. Taking a shower and getting dressed was an ordeal for me when I had it.

Thanks TG. I appreciate it. The fatigue flat out sucks. There is some “honey do” stuff that I look at and think, “if I start that, can I finish it?” [emoji1532]

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your experience Hammer. Take it slow and live clean for a while. The long term effects are different for everyone and you don't want any surprises.

Hammer

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience Hammer. Take it slow and live clean for a while. The long term effects are different for everyone and you don't want any surprises.

Thanks Rod. I decided no alcohol for a few months (maybe ever) I don’t necessarily need it in my life, mentally as I felt better, it really made me reevaluate how I live my life and how I should take care of myself. It scared me enough to make serious changes NOW. It’s not a fun conversation to have a 3 way call with your mom and wife as the ER dr. Tells us, this could kill me.

I’m going to be healthier moving forward with exercise. I lost 20 lbs. through this ordeal. I plan to drop 20-30 more through exercise and diet. Work and family are switching on the priority list as well...

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Hammer is one of my closest friends, my son works with him as well. I wasn’t going to share his story, but I’m glad he did. I just want to see him get healthy and spend time with his family.

Hammer

Reaction score
Hammer is one of my closest friends, my son works with him as well. I wasn’t going to share his story, but I’m glad he did. I just want to see him get healthy and spend time with his family.

Thanks Paul, I really appreciate it. I felt obligated(although hesitant)to share my story so others could use my experience to help themselves or family members get through it if they had it like I did. Your son has stepped up big time managing my projects, along with his already heavy workload. I can’t thank him enough. He’s really come into his own as a PM for us. I’m proud of him and his “ I got you, just get better attitude”. He’s come a long way in a short time in our industry. [emoji106]

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
Hope your feeling better Hammer. I am glad you came out and told this as well. I have had too many friends in the same situation as you. Its a crazy awakening. They had that three way call also, and it is what nightmares are made of.

Get well sir. Take it easy. Baby steps. Small accomplishments.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Perhaps all of this mask wearing is acting like an incubator.
Think of these masks as a toilet bowl. It can be flushed but what germs that are still remaining.
Sorry about those who have lost.
I know 3 neighbors spent a few days in the hospital. They were all avid mask wearers. Never went to the bars or really got out.

Something to my line of thinking has me wondering and I'm not a genius by any means.

Hammer

Reaction score
Perhaps all of this mask wearing is acting like an incubator.
Think of these masks as a toilet bowl. It can be flushed but what germs that are still remaining.
Sorry about those who have lost.
I know 3 neighbors spent a few days in the hospital. They were all avid mask wearers. Never went to the bars or really got out.

Something to my line of thinking has me wondering and I'm not a genius by any means.

Common sense tells you that wearing a mask 100% of the time is restricting air flow and keep the “crap” your body/lungs exhaust out in. You can only get COVID through air droplets from someone else or it being on a surface and you touching it(although it only lives 72 hours on a surface I think). It’s not “airborne” or in the atmosphere so to speak.

You definitely need fresh air. The only reason to wear a mask is when you are within 6’ of someone or in a heavily populated area like a supermarket.

Also, when they say self quarantine you need to go outside for 15-30 minutes a day, get some sunlight and breathe fresh air. It helped me out a lot.

When you are quarantined in a room, it is not good to breath in all the “contaminated air” open a window and get a fan blowing fresh air into your quarantine room. If you are mechanically inclined, exhaust the air out the window. You want to isolate the air going in and out in your quarantine room.

Care: if you need to care for someone it’s simple. Wear a mask and gloves when around or in the quarantine room with them. Dispose of the gloves when you leave the room and wash your hands. My mom took care of me for 12 days at her home and has tested negative twice. Once during me being at her home, and 5 days after I was there.

Daily Vitamins I took/still take:
Vitamin C 1000 MG
Zinc 50 MG
Vitamin K
Vitamin D 25 MCD
Quercetin 500 MG
Super Selenium Complex 200 MCG
Magnesium Complex

I don’t know if these help or not. Dr. Told me to take a few of these, I added a few based on research. But I feel better every day, so I continue to take them. I’ll get a once over from my primary in a week or so and see how everything checks out and go from there..

Stay safe everyone! Prayers for anyone in ICU or dealing with it like I did. Take it one day at a time and don’t over analyze it. The internet stressed me out. Just go to the CDC website. It’s the best most straight forward advice.

Last edited:

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

Sorry about your mom!!

As you know I have similar stories, and not just one!

It turned political when the politicians made it political!! Any when they spew nothing but lies!

Is the virus real? Sure! Have the politicians used it in their favor instead of hitting it head on well... just look at the latest "covid relief bill"

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Buddy I mentioned in Havi hospital a week ago has fought it two weeks and now has pneumonia.
Pneumonia hit after first positive test.
Kicking his ass at 52, similar symptoms as Hammer. He’s about 50 lbs. overweight, has lost 30 lbs.
As posted by others, it hits everyone differently.

Hammer

Reaction score
Buddy I mentioned in Havi hospital a week ago has fought it two weeks and now has pneumonia.
Pneumonia hit after first positive test.
Kicking his ass at 52, similar symptoms as Hammer. He’s about 50 lbs. overweight, has lost 30 lbs.
As posted by others, it hits everyone differently.

Prayers For your buddy LowerRiver. I hope he gets through it ok.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Prayers For your buddy LowerRiver. I hope he gets through it ok.

Thanks
Same to you
He’s got the same state of mind you have: big changes on how he views life from here on out.

golakers

Reaction score
Covid does what it wants. I’m at day 10 and still struggling w headache/chills/sweats/no appetite/fatigue. I’m 46 in GREAT shape. This is an asskicker for sure! You always take your health for granted.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Covid does what it wants. I’m at day 10 and still struggling w headache/chills/sweats/no appetite/fatigue. I’m 46 in GREAT shape. This is an asskicker for sure! You always take your health for granted.

Best wishes. Do what the HC professionals say and don’t try to fight it on your own.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Well my brother's body is not responding to the meds. His immune system is shot, he has viral pneumonia stemming from covid they are going to xray his lungs today and if there's no change they will send him home with an IV of the anti viral meds and O2. It doesn't look good at this point.

farmo83

Reaction score
My wife's cousin's husband, late 30's, good shape, no underlying conditions, etc got covid. Had some kind of complications from it and nearly checked out while waiting to get into the ER in Dallas Texas for 24 hours.

The guy we lease our hunting place from is an old timer caught covid. He took some nyquil, slept for 14 hours and was out working cattle the rest of the time we were there, felt fine. His wife came and told us he had it otherwise we wouldn't have known. He normally comes by to chat while we are there and he stayed away for social distancing.

Go figure

Prayers to all who have been affected

My old man has a weak immune system so we have been very worried for him during all of this. A long time friend of mine works at the local health department and pulled a few strings for him to get vaccinated, very thankful for this.

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score

I went through all of that. Hang in there bud!

EmpirE231

Reaction score
has anyone ever reported the shortness of breath / lung issue problems without having any other symptoms such as fevers, coughs, body aches etc? Wondering if it can sneak up on you like that?

wife had it... a couple days of headaches and fatigue... 100% loss of smell. She did pretty damn good... she's 15+ days out.... weird thing is on day 11 or 12, she tested negative at a rapid site (we both did), then 2 days later tested positive on a regular mouth swab 2 day test, then another 2 days later negative again. Super confusing and makes the test accuracy highly questionable.

somehow me and the kids never had symptoms and were around her the whole time... and then I just tested positive 2 days ago. Still no symptoms really that I can think of, and can still smell and taste etc. some random minor headaches... but nothing strong enough yet.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
has anyone ever reported the shortness of breath / lung issue problems without having any other symptoms such as fevers, coughs, body aches etc? Wondering if it can sneak up on you like that?

wife had it... a couple days of headaches and fatigue... 100% loss of smell. She did pretty damn good... she's 15+ days out.... weird thing is on day 11 or 12, she tested negative at a rapid site (we both did), then 2 days later tested positive on a regular mouth swab 2 day test, then another 2 days later negative again. Super confusing and makes the test accuracy highly questionable.

somehow me and the kids never had symptoms and were around her the whole time... and then I just tested positive 2 days ago. Still no symptoms really that I can think of, and can still smell and taste etc. some random minor headaches... but nothing strong enough yet.

1. rapid test about 65% effective , nasal swab 85% effective in being accurate

2. if one tests positive ,they should wait 14 days after testing positive to get vaccine or at least 14 days after symptoms subside.

3.Posted many times , it has proven man made synthetic particles in the virus and thus has had varied effects on people.

My 8 and 10 year old got it from my ex. Watery eyes and slight cough first two Days were it for them.
Wife and I masked up entire time, tested negative. Kids are now 25 days since their positive results.

The stuff is in the back of throat, sneezes and coughs are what passes it out the mouth, hence why the swab tests are 20% more accurate.

Wife has swabbed over 1k people in last 6 months. Still negative
It’s all in your PPE/protocols of donning/doffing to avoid it. Nurses get when their guard is down, period.