WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How do you get the smell of dog shit out?

Enen

Reaction score
We brought a new pup home a few weeks ago. German Shepherd. Forgot what a commitment a puppy is.

Today, Jenny took her in the car for a ride. She was in the backseat sitting on her blanket. I guess she ate something that didn’t agree with her puppy stomach because she shit everywhere. Not a log-type deuce either. We’re talking the runs.

Worst part about it, Jenny was driving my truck at the time.
Cleaned, disinfected and scrubbed the seat, threw her blanket in the trash. It’s the scent that is lingering.. The most rancid smell. How do I get rid of it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rvrrun

Reaction score
Natures miracle is what we use for carpets in the house. I don’t know if it will tackle the mess you have, but it’s worth a shot before buying a new seat.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Natures miracle is what we use for carpets in the house. I don’t know if it will tackle the mess you have, but it’s worth a shot before buying a new seat.
X2 on the NM

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Used this years ago and it was impressive after trying many other things for pet smells in a room including urine and feces. At the time I bought at Ace Hardware but this was over 10 years ago.

My instance was from a litter of puppies about 6 weeks old and their mother I had to leave in a room for a workday. Oh boy what a day. But that stuff worked a miracle for me.

https://odorbgoneproducts.com/products/odor-b-gone-32-oz-spray-bottle

Last edited:
Reactions: ACS

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
We brought a new pup home a few weeks ago. German Shepherd. Forgot what a commitment a puppy is.

Today, Jenny took her in the car for a ride. She was in the backseat sitting on her blanket. I guess she ate something that didn’t agree with her puppy stomach because she shit everywhere. Not a log-type deuce either. We’re talking the runs.

Worst part about it, Jenny was driving my truck at the time.
Cleaned, disinfected and scrubbed the seat, threw her blanket in the trash. It’s the scent that is lingering.. The most rancid smell. How do I get rid of it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I went through this with a rooky that though he could drink a whole bottle of fire ball, I took the seat out and used my little steam cleaner... I flooded the area with carpet cleaner mixed with water,, then used the vacume to keep sucking out the water..the smell gets in the foam and will come back soon as it get hot out...anyway... that's how I got it out for good..

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
spray it with a enzyme/bacteria odor eater, it will take a few days but will go away.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Coffee, dump uncooked coffee grounds on it and let set

SoCalDave

Reaction score
3951-25824-1A-zoomin.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Crap! When my dogs were puppies they rode in a crate. Didn't want to chance them getting car sick.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Natures Miracle comes in Gallon containers at the feed store.
FYI and BTW they make a MM skunk edition of it too but the reg NM is fine for skunk encounters

See both occasionally 2 for 1 specials that also includes a 32 oz filled spray bottle.
We stock up, the stuff has a long shelf life.
Works on any smells once you remove the source with Dawn or Simple green

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
One reason never to buy cloth seats. I fold my seats up and let them ride on the rubber floor mat, Ford has their own version but you could buy the WeatherTech brand.

I have no idea how to get the smell out especially if it’s in the foam. Someone mentioned coffee grounds, I’ve heard that before. But Randy is a Detailer. The enzyme idea is worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It’s a Dodge that’s getting lemon-lawed, so it’s safe to say it smells like the piece of shit that it is.. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably should leave it just how it is then :p

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Not all dogs like car rides. Mine almost always gets fussy on curvier roads. She'll sit up and watch the road instead of sleep like the rest of the drive. Her facial expression says it all too:p:D

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Look under the seat to find Grads under there and toss him out

daveb1

Reaction score
use an ozone generator. will remove even skunk smell that my dog got sprayed by. be careful not to get the air filter kind that don't work. you should not have animals present when device is operative. has worked on every odor i have encountered, even formaldehyde used in construction.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Just kick any liberals out of your truck. They have dog shit for brains. That will solve the smell.

Fulldeck

Reaction score
Ozone generator,you should be able to rent from a fire restoration company ,24 hrs with it running in the car and it should be like new

wallnutz

Reaction score
X-2 on the coffee, just sprinkle it around and leave it for a couple days and vacuum it up. A couple charcoal briquettes wrapped in a rag will help too. Unfortunately I have had some experience with shit in the car.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Lol true story , about 10 years ago one of my Navajo foreman’s pulled up in his truck rolled down the window to talk to me , Holy shit what stinks ? Lambert starts telling how he was on the way home on the Rez and this guy was walking down the road ( dark out starting to rain ) the guy is hitchhiking so he picks the guy up they take off , Lambert now knows this guys drunk big time about 5 mins into the ride this guy shits his pants to over flowing out the back of his pants shit all over the place on the seat then the guy passs out lol he pulled over kick the guys ass out on the side o road now he has shit on his pant legs all over the truck lol o fuck I was dieing as he told the story he took it to car wash and hosed out the interior but didn’t help , he had to sell it to this day every time I see him “ you stink “ lol