WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How do you secure your pistol in your vehicle?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Sometimes you can't take the pistol with you. What safe are you using to secure your pistol in your vehicle?

My first choice was Consolevault, but they don't have a model for my vehicle. Someday I'd love to get some Truckvault drawers, but that's more for longer-term storage and they're super expensive.

NicPaus

Reaction score
My 1500 and 2500 have a factory gun safe under the middle front seat. Throw the clip in the locking glove box.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

It’s a little safe that easily installs in your center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Done-it-again

Reaction score
locking safe box under the seat..... But concealed is concealed, not to many place I go you cant carry.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I picked up several of these at Harbor Freight for less than $20 bucks each. During my class at SBSD we were told these are all that's required to secure your firearm in your car. Easy to secure just loop them around the base of your seat and I also use these when flying in my checked baggage.

Attachments

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I picked up several of these at Harbor Freight for less than $20 bucks each. During my class at SBSD we were told these are all that's required to secure your firearm in your car. Easy to secure just loop them around the base of your seat and I also use these when flying in my checked baggage.
I use those, just the down side is the cable that can be cut with bolt cutters. But then again if someone wants in, they are all breakable.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I use those, just the down side is the cable that can be cut with bolt cutters. But then again if someone wants in, they are all breakable.
That's pretty much what the Sheriffs said as well, their main point was that it was secured in your vehicle and you didn't need to spend a lot of money to do it.

DLC

Reaction score
I have one of those also but it’s a combo lock And then turn the knob not a key, I keep it unlocked ( just need to turn knob to open Door ) and then if needed I can spin the numbers To lock it

Rbcconst

Reaction score
My 1500 and 2500 have a factory gun safe under the middle front seat. Throw the clip in the locking glove box.
The consolvault is cool but takes up the entire consul. Cant they make shallow ones?

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
If I was going to do itthis is how I would do it but prob use a Hornady box plus prob use a thick ass cable that they better bring something serious if they wanted it

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I ended up with a Snapsafe version of one of these off Amazon for now. Cable locked to the seat and slides under the passenger seat so most people wouldn’t even know it’s there. I figure my pistol is on me 99% of the time so this will do for the remainder of the time. Kind of cheap, but it will do

NicPaus

Reaction score
The consolvault is cool but takes up the entire consul. Cant they make shallow ones?

My trucks have the front bench with fold down consoles. Under the seat is the locking compartment separate from the console . Could probably fit 4 handguns in there if needed.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
My trucks have the front bench with fold down consoles. Under the seat is the locking compartment separate from the console . Could probably fit 4 handguns in there if needed.
Thats perfect. I have buckets and boxes look like they would take up the entire console.