WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How expensive would gas have to get to to quit boating ?

MOUZER

Reaction score
i dont know $6 bucks for the family boat can wait hope things get better next summer will still take hydro out for eve passes on 110 octain now and then
DSCN2430.JPG

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Last time out I was asked about gas prices stopping the boaters and making crowds smaller. I pointed to over to a boat that had quard 450r's hanging of the back and told my wife " Those motors where more than our house " I realize that an extreme comparison but there is lot of money out on that lake.

It is very subjective but It will always effect the guy that takes a few trips a year and has to budget for each trip and that sucks.
Yep, one of them costs more than my C7.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
My fuel bill on my personal vehicles last month from downs energy was over $2K

that’s more than my mortgage.

badgas

Reaction score
with all this gas talk and doom and gloom are the RV's on sale yet ?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Its about $250 round trip in gas in my truck
$125 in the car. 2 day weekend trips will be in the car and not boating.
3 day weekends in the truck and add another $150 to boat.
If i boat its a $500 dollar full trip.
If i dont boat its $125.

I will sit on the beach or pool more this summer. Which doesnt bother me, actually more relaxing sometimes

77charger

Reaction score
I just realized it cost me more to take both my 550 jetskis out for the day than it does my boat to local lake. Basically with premix it’s about 8.50 a gallon or about 43 bucks for fuel vs the boat which I may put 30 enough to get me to cove and a lil driving around.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Not always
My trailer sitting at the Islander (w/power) is only $250 more then storage in Carlsbad. If my trailer was home, my wife would be planning trips burning diesel at 8mpg.
Food and beverage eating at home vs grilling at Islander is about the same.

I'm pretty sure I know what you mean by all this.

I meant to say take the boat cost, the insurance, the maintenance, and any related towing and compare that to the costs of just gasoline and the gasoline is still the cheapest component.

Add in river houses, trailers, spot rental and utilities, hotel rooms and stuff like that then sure you can make boating cost a fortune.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Financials are now predicting a recession hitting between Nov and April.
We'll check boat pricing then. Due for a correction.

As long as we don't have gas lines we're in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
I don't see how high gas would every slow me down, the cost of staying somewhere if you don't own something, well now that has me staying at home sitting at the beach. 3 nights in a dirty ass 5th wheel rental with camp ground fees was close to 2k, now that will slow your roll after a few weekends.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Financials are now predicting a recession hitting between Nov and April.
We'll check boat pricing then. Due for a correction.

As long as we don't have gas lines we're in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recession hitting? It’s already hit. We will be in the throws of it by this time next year.

Why do you think the talking heads are saying it will hit after midterms? 😉

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Av gas was 6.69 at Parker Oil in Havasu this weekend, 75 cents higher than the week before.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Recession hitting? It’s already hit. We will be in the throws of it by this time next year.

You got that right. The Financial Institution I work for put a freeze on all new hire positions. The CEO in our town hall predicts this recession will last well into 2024. Buckle up for Stagflation (Inflation / High Unemployment) and toy industry sell-offs. But I could be wrong……🤣

DLC

Reaction score
Well once gas hits $5.25 a gallon I’m out!

I’ll just pull the boat out of the garage and wash it and then put it back in….

oh wait…. I already do that !!
lol

we really only boat once the water heats up! We like to hang out and float.
Havasu is our escape, we don’t really pay much attention to the gallon fuel cost - but dumping $150-180 bucks for a tank that used to cost $90 -100 is all about Voting Choices!

Let’s Go Brandon !!!!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

I'd probably be forgiven by all you guys if I just had a only Merc 250 on my pontoon.
Anything less I'd get kicked off the forum.

10% Joe's cooking the numbers this morning on the economy. Those chicken farmers are what's fucking it all up.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Its not the price of gas that scares me as much as the cost of our new boat we want to order! The lake might dry up before I place an order at this point.

Reactions: TPC