WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How is you business doing during the shut down? How do you see a recovery

Joker

Reaction score
We have hit the wall. All of our pre CV work is wrapping up and phones are dead. Nothing I’m the books for installs or service next week. Weather is too nice and people are worried about paying bills so heating and air is not a priority in So cal.

We will see what the upcoming weeks hold.
Bill, I’ll contact you guys next week to see what it’s going to take to install central heat/ac into our rental.

nameisbond

Reaction score
No, I don’t mind at all.
I am a rigging key grip on a TV show.
I’ve been in the business 25years. Shows get cancelled, writers go on strike, actor hissy fits, etc, I’ve never seen anything like this.
I also own a tremendous amount of truss/chain motors/rigging equipment that I rent to production companies, and it’s all parked, collecting dust.

My cousin rents and sells film equipment in Toronto. His business is dead. No filming there either.

My own business is waiting for a surveyor in Washington State to break 260 acres into 2 acre building lots. The county is going to take their time. Luckily I have a buyer for the lots. But it looks like it will take three months to get done! Buyer might back out.

Kenny D

Reaction score
I own two retail stores in So Calif.....we have been shut down since March 15th .........at this point there is no end in sight.

wash11

Reaction score
Small farm/ranch here with @500 families that purchase from us regularly. Our business model was home/business delivery to Havasu and Kingman from day one so it's a good fit for the current times. Beef has required almost no marketing this season. Once the piggies are ready to butcher I imagine they will go as fast as the beef. Veggie sales will be a no brainer as well. Pasture raised chicken is our summertime gig. The hatcheries are sold out of chicks to a nation full of people wanting to try what we've taken 5 years to make work, 6 weeks out and I STILL can't get my hands on reasonably priced, quality feed. I need 30000lbs to start the season and I've only been able to find 2000lbs. This time last year I had 200 chicks in the brooder waiting for enough feathers to hit the grass with another batch of 200 on order 4 weeks out, rinse and repeat through October. The demand is there but my raw materials aren't. It's a 1/3 of our annual income and helps cover delivery costs on the lower margin veggies.
To date we have held our prices to the same as the previous 2 years at a time when others are gouging. If we don't gain some traction on our poultry side we'll have to bump our delivery charge on other products at a time when people will be feeling the money crunch.

Considering "you pick" farm days weekly this summer once the virus works itself out. Since we are 100 miles from Havasu, not sure that it will make sense for a lot of people.
Stay updated here fortrockfarms.com

Wedgy

Reaction score
Hear Hear! E Pluribus Unim Semper Fidelis

J 2

Reaction score
Been in the business telephone system business since 1987, on my own since 1996. As a Panasonic dealer for 25+ years they kept us informed of the changes coming in the industry. I did traditional systems then combo to VoIP for the best of both worlds when it started. Hosted VoIP sucked for the first 3 or 4 years then in about 2014 I focused 100% on these systems for my clients. Panasonic recommend Jive Communications or Cbeyond. So glad I chose Jive. Commission paid for the life of the client. Good starting commission for all Panasonic dealers that signed. About a year and a half ago we we're bought by Logmein, BEST fucking thing ever! We were listed in the top 3 with Mitel & Ringcentral recently, I can beat their price & service hands down. I played small ball for a long time going after business that don't have IT departments, then some IT guys heard about me and preferred to have me manage their systems so they didn't have to as they had plenty to deal with.

Fast forward to our current predicament, when my clients started asking about how to work from home it was easy. Most forgot what I sold them, desk phone, computer app & mobile app to mirror your desk phone. Free video conferencing with the GoToConnect meeting built in to the computer app. It's a simple easy to use version of Logmein's GoToMeeting. I wrote a easy to understand user guide and everyone went to work at home. Most run there businesses as if they were in the office answering calls, transferring to others. They can even look at there computer app to see if someone is available or on the phone.

My base commission is in a good place and with a wide variety of businesses, law firms, CPA firms, architecture firms all doing business as normal from home. I feel for my gym clients, 21 Gold's Gyms & 11 Fitness 19's. They're done until this is over.

Based on my experience through the similar business disrupting events, 9/11 in 2001 & the 2008 recession which hit me double because of the change in my industry from traditional phone systems to Hosted. I don't expect I'll sell any new systems for about 6 months. Even being able to lower a businesses monthly telephone expense which happens almost 100% of the time people won't change anything until we see the light at the end of this. Good luck to all cause this sucks!

Attachments

• LogMeIn Unified.png
    LogMeIn Unified.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 98

dezrtracer

Reaction score
No, I don’t mind at all.
I am a rigging key grip on a TV show.
I’ve been in the business 25years. Shows get cancelled, writers go on strike, actor hissy fits, etc, I’ve never seen anything like this.
I also own a tremendous amount of truss/chain motors/rigging equipment that I rent to production companies, and it’s all parked, collecting dust.

I'm in the same business you're in . My show shut down 3/13 . Lucky they paid the whole crew for 3 weeks . I have a good amount saved but hope we can get back soon . Wishing you all the best and we'll get through this ..

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
We have hit the wall. All of our pre CV work is wrapping up and phones are dead. Nothing I’m the books for installs or service next week. Weather is too nice and people are worried about paying bills so heating and air is not a priority in So cal.

We will see what the upcoming weeks hold.

Hate hearing that but I imagine in 30-60 days temps will bring more business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParkerRat

Livin the Dream
Reaction score
Look into the SBA $10k loan/grant c
If you’re 1099 I bet you qualify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I submitted an app for this yesterday. looks pretty straight forward but of course it is a Gov program so we shall see if it ever comes thru or how hard it actually is to get approved for it. The app was really short and simple online

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Now would be the time to buy. 👍
Man i need an A/C so bad. Havnt had one on the house for 3 years. Its a 1982 original and no longer works. I want to do new ducting as well

brgrcru

Reaction score
Bobby i. An throw u in a truck if you want. Its sliw due to rain but we are working. Truck & pup running roundy round plant to plant. If it help you survive im willing

Tim , thank you very much . That's such a great offer .
I would take you up on it . Small problem , I haven't had my CDL in 20 years . Was going to go get it again , but everything is closed, to even try . Thought about it for years just to have .
But after this shit storm is over .DMV opens back up , the first thing im doing , is getting my license back .
This is the first time in 40 years , that im not earning money by working .

My current business bowling and bar , I see no end in sight .

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Hate hearing that but I imagine in 30-60 days temps will bring more business?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what we are hoping for. until then its do whatever we can to keep the lights on and employees fed.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
@Riverbound I have always wanted an honest report about my cooling system on my 7yr old home. Master bed/bath is alway the hottest during the summer as it faces East. Then an idea what can be done to help.

if you want to travel to North Fontan shoot me PM on a price for an inspection.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
@Riverbound I have always wanted an honest report about my cooling system on my 7yr old home. Master bed/bath is alway the hottest during the summer as it faces East. Then an idea what can be done to help.

if you want to travel to North Fontan shoot me PM on a price for an inspection.
I could send a technician out we charge $89 to perform a full audit of the system. At that point he will come up with recommendations as to how to correct it. Being your system isn’t that old I would guess something is not right with the Ducting. Or the way The air is distributed this is the most common issue with inconsistent temps in the home. We do go out that way for RDP members.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I could send a technician out we charge $89 to perform a full audit of the system. At that point he will come up with recommendations as to how to correct it. Being your system isn’t that old I would guess something is not right with the Ducting. Or the way The air is distributed this is the most common issue with inconsistent temps in the home. We do go out that way for RDP members.

If you go out for his, let me know, I’ll add in my house to check too
Upstairs master gets ice cold, other 2 bedrooms not so much, down stairs pretty consistent. Attached apartment cools quick but loses cool air quick so system cycles all day long.
Single unit - split for apartment,downstairs, and upstairs, 3 t-stats

Done-it-again

Reaction score
If you go out for his, let me know, I’ll add in my house to check too
Upstairs master gets ice cold, other 2 bedrooms not so much, down stairs pretty consistent. Attached apartment cools quick but loses cool air quick so system cycles all day long.
Single unit - split for apartment,downstairs, and upstairs, 3 t-stats

Works for me. Pretty much open time wise make this happen.

shreve"T"

Ex-So Cal.
Reaction score
I actually own 8 over the road tractor trailers, Our business has slowed down maybe 15%, other than that we have been extremely busy throughout this mess..

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
It is getting s l o w e r . Not too many new calls coming in. We have not had to market ourselves for years, may have to actually look for work again. Ugh.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Call in to the office and a dispatcher will get you set up. Make sure to mention RDP and we will waive the diagnostic fee ($89)

949-340-3917

Will try and coordinate with @Melloyellovector so you can get 2 birds with 1 stone. We are not far from each other.
But I would pay for the evaluation. Thx.

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
I actually own ice creams trucks in Up-State New York. I normally don't get started for a couple more weeks. Still kinda cold here. I have been getting my normal bookings for the season. I just have reservations about going out. Certainly don't want anyone getting sick. We are cleared to go. All food here is takeout only. Works perfect for me. I DELIVER!!! 🍦🍨🧁🍧🍦🍦

blefever

Reaction score
I manage a Local Radio and TV station in Bishop, CA. We live off of Ad revenue. It was tough before with the growing competition from electronic media advertising but now a lot of our regular advertisers are closed, restaurants, retail etc. Local events that normally advertise have all been canceled. Also we're in a tourist destination market and we're telling people, "Don't come here". Mammoth Mountain closed and they are now getting fresh snow every week. lol This could kill us. We nave some reserves but sure hate throwing good money after bad. The SBA Fed deal will help but only for a while. It is a Sunset Business. Good time to retire.

72Hondo

Reaction score
Air cargo - extremely busy. Over four hundred applicants in the past 15 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I manage a Local Radio and TV station in Bishop, CA. We live off of Ad revenue. It was tough before with the growing competition from electronic media advertising but now a lot of our regular advertisers are closed, restaurants, retail etc. Local events that normally advertise have all been canceled. Also we're in a tourist destination market and we're telling people, "Don't come here". Mammoth Mountain closed and they are now getting fresh snow every week. lol This could kill us. We nave some reserves but sure hate throwing good money after bad. The SBA Fed deal will help but only for a while. It is a Sunset Business. Good time to retire.
Sorry to hear. I have the ICON pass and was hoping for a couple more trips to Mammoth. I always stop in Bishop and stay at the Alpenhof Lodge in Mammoth. Been watching how much snow they have been getting lately. :(

blefever

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I have the ICON pass and was hoping for a couple more trips to Mammoth. I always stop in Bishop and stay at the Alpenhof Lodge in Mammoth. Been watching how much snow they have been getting lately. :(

After last winter this winter has been nothing but bad for the Ski Area. OK start, then a dry spell, and then the virus closes the ski area. Now miracle March and awesome April, but nothing open. The only people on the hill are there to keep the die hards from hiking up the hill to ski/board down. lol Alpenhof is a great place to stay. Good people, good food and great location.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Will try and coordinate with @Melloyellovector so you can get 2 birds with 1 stone. We are not far from each other.
But I would pay for the evaluation. Thx.

Someone can be home pretty much any day,
I’ll shoot you a pm my info. And ya I’ll pay too. Not looking for free work. Just want my stuff right. And others have been little help to date.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Tim , thank you very much . That's such a great offer .
I would take you up on it . Small problem , I haven't had my CDL in 20 years . Was going to go get it again , but everything is closed, to even try . Thought about it for years just to have .
But after this shit storm is over .DMV opens back up , the first thing im doing , is getting my license back .
This is the first time in 40 years , that im not earning money by working .

My current business bowling and bar , I see no end in sight .
...Man... I feel bad for you...bout a week and a half ago my next-door neighbor and myself were out cruising around...went through Montrose after visiting a friend in Whiting Woods...I saw your bowling alley for the first time... it looks like such a cool little place...
...My friend that we visited... I believe he said he had attended an event there???...
...You may even know him/them ...Frank and Delores Ramos...he used to own the restaurant...Casa de Ramos in Glendale on Glenoaks but I believe he sold it to his in-laws...he still has a hair salon in Glendale... The doors are locked but he is still taking care of his longtime clients...
...Hang in there👍...

broncomatt

Reaction score
Where is your shop?

Sorry only get on here every few days.

We are located in Upland, CA... AAMCO Transmissions and Total Car Care. Last 2 weeks we were down 95% compared to the previous owners weekly average. It was sunny last week and towards the end of the week we got some decent jobs in that we will put out this week, but still not any kind of large car counts coming in at all.

Hopefully once it warms up some more people may venture out to bring their cars in, and we are offering up great deals to try to close what does come in. If any RDP members want to come in we will work the best deal we can for you. Just ask for Matt (me)!

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
@Riverbound I'm in North OC (West Garden Grove) and will be calling your offices within the next week to get a check up on my system. Does the rain cause an issue for your techs if my AC unit is on the roof (single family home)? I'm ready anytime but not sure what works best for your team.

@LakeMead Boater I will call you tomorrow to set up a time for you to do an alignment on the mac daddy caddy and check balancing to see if we can get rid of that vibration. Had all the front end work done and didn't fix it so let's see if we can't chase down the gremlin.

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
@Riverbound I'm in North OC (West Garden Grove) and will be calling your offices within the next week to get a check up on my system. Does the rain cause an issue for your techs if my AC unit is on the roof (single family home)? I'm ready anytime but not sure what works best for your team.

@LakeMead Boater I will call you tomorrow to set up a time for you to do an alignment on the mac daddy caddy and check balancing to see if we can get rid of that vibration. Had all the front end work done and didn't fix it so let's see if we can't chase down the gremlin.

Sounds good. Yah with a roof mounted unit we would prefer it not to be raining.

Roger 1

Reaction score
Non-existent. Nothing for the last month and nothing on the books.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score

@Riverbound I'm near that area too (Seal Beach just North of the 405). Maybe you can get @King295 and I done the same day.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
@Riverbound I'm near that area too (Seal Beach just North of the 405). Maybe you can get @King295 and I done the same day.
@Hallett_Whacker just set up an appointment for Monday between 10am - 1pm if you wanted to see if they will do it around that time.

Many of our guys live in that area so it’s no problem to service you.

Our dispatchers will work with you to make it convenient for you. 👍
Spoke with Christina this morning, she was very nice and helpful. Mentioned RDP and she didn't seem to recognize it but I don't mind, happy to support your business.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I work for a large corporation but the new accounts I was launching came to a screeching halt and almost got furloughed but we do maintenance for a large account that does online sales and "Prime" delivery service so I was able to jump back into that account and make sure everyone at home gets their stuff delivered on time. 1586543446646.png

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for service. I have instructed the dispatchers to take care of RDP people. And the diagnostic fee will be waived.

949-340-3917
Welp....I believe it's about time for my annual checkup. Kinda forgot about it. 😁

Boatmaster

Reaction score
Co owner in a boat sales and repair biz and we are off the charts busy!!! Counting my blessings and aware it could all stop tomorrow!! Hope this is over soon and we can all get back on the water together!!!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Another thing I want to throw out there. There are some killer no payment no interest plans we have going through our manufacturers.( 6 months). So if you want to get it done but are worried about the money side. We got you for 6 months. 👍👍

949–340-3917.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Another thing I want to throw out there. There are some killer no payment no interest plans we have going through our manufacturers.( 6 months). So if you want to get it done but are worried about the money side. We got you for 6 months. 👍👍

949–340-3917.

Maybe people on another forum need that but this is RDP where we have cash for everything and two years reserves in case the economy slows down.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Maybe people on another forum need that but this is RDP where we have cash for everything and two years reserves in case the economy slows down.

Yea go talk to the River or Desert whippers