WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How long do you wait?

How long do you wait?

• Pack up and leave they were to pay for gas :D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cave

Reaction score
You get to the lake or river and launch your boat.
You ready to start your weekend.

Last edited:

cave

Reaction score
:D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Depends on where we're at... at my regular stomping grounds at the river where we go, if someone is supposed to be riding along & they are not there by the time the boat is in the water they are SOL. I do get ahold of them & have them call or text when they make it to the ramp & we'll go back & pick them up though. Or someone from the group will. :p Actually, that's pretty much how it is at any place we go.

About the only time I will hang around waiting is if we go somewhere and I'm not familiar with the territory or someone is coming along with us where we go & doesn't know our territory. Got some obstacles in a few places we run. ;) :cool

Reaction score
Haven't really been in position to wait for people. This year, if you ain't at the dock at the assigned time, bye! No time to sit around and wait

milkmoney

Reaction score
easy solution------no riders, get ur own fuckin boat..

milkmoney

Reaction score
:D

You don't launch your boat anyways so you don't have any worries

lol...you jus aint out there enough to see my sled in the water....and why when we have scotchtape150's sled..=people mover.:p

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I have some friends that are chronically late and I finally got sick of getting mad about it so I started to get smart. If we are meeting at the lake at 10, I tell them 9:30. That way when I roll in 10 minutes late they are usually there. Same for golf, tee times at noon, I tell everyone it's 11:30. Basically I lie through my teeth to accommodate my own schedule!

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
This is an easy one for me..... I have NO friends, so I never have to wait on anyone...... :D

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Friends take care of Friends. If waiting is all that's required I consider that getting off easy.

Reaction score
This is an easy one for me..... I have NO friends, so I never have to wait on anyone...... :D

You, no friends, get out of here. I figured you to have a stable of people who like you.

Blubyu

Reaction score
Guess I'm just not much of an asshole yet. I'll wait a little bit 30 min or so, to me though a simple phone call hey I'm running a little behind goes a long way. Last year really didn't have any issues we pretty much all went up together. Although most of my boating is done at the Sag I usually get stuck in the waiting lot so if your going to be late I'll be waiting as well. :grumble:

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I have one rule and ive only enforced it once. I tell you what time to be at the dock. If your not there buy the time im ready to push off then your SOL. Ill go about my day and if and when i come back through and your still there maybe ill pick you up. Hadone couple (the wife) test me on that rule one year. I ruined there weekend havent heard from them since.

Reaction score
I have one rule and ive only enforced it once. I tell you what time to be at the dock. If your not there buy the time im ready to push off then your SOL. Ill go about my day and if and when i come back through and your still there maybe ill pick you up. Hadone couple (the wife) test me on that rule one year. I ruined there weekend havent heard from them since.

It's by.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
While I still like MM's line, I have a simple line that I use everytime I get to the lake. "I got no plan" No set time for anything, so when we're all ready to go, we're all ready to go. If somebody ends up running late, I change what Im doing till they're ready. Whether its' waiting to launch, have dinner, whatever.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Friends take care of Friends. If waiting is all that's required I consider that getting off easy.

I'm goin with this. But, like Tyro said, I've never been put in that position! If I'm on vacation, fuck having a schedule. It's not like NEED to be anywhere!

If I'm at the river, I'm already happy. :cool

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
My entire life is nothing but schedules. When I go to the lake/vacation I don't even look at a clock and beyond food, gas, and beer I don't have much of a plan either.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I'm goin with this. But, like Tyro said, I've never been put in that position! If I'm on vacation, fuck having a schedule. It's not like NEED to be anywhere!

:thumbsup

Well said.

Jet Boaters cant wait due to the required head start factor.:D

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
I don't wait. I start my relaxing and they can call me when they get there.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Nope...... I'm an asshole....... :D

I am waiting for you and 460 to throw some fuck you's and then hug it out. Milkmoney is in training for Christ sake. This shits important. :D:D

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
If I have friends hitching a ride they'll call if they are gonna be a little late. I just take the time to run the wife and the boys if they are with us.. out to the beach, crack a cold one, set up the EZ-up, then I will go make a pass at the ramp again.
Thankfully, we've never had to wait more than that.
I think if someone can't call and tell me they are gonna be late they must have some emergency. I ain't gonna go looking for them.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I am waiting for you and 460 to throw some fuck you's and then hug it out. Milkmoney is in training for Christ sake. This shits important. :D:D

It's too early to start drinking.......

Oh who the hell am I kidding?

Fuck you 460....... :p

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
If I have friends hitching a ride they'll call if they are gonna be a little late. I just take the time to run the wife and the boys if they are with us.. out to the beach, crack a cold one, set up the EZ-up, then I will go make a pass at the ramp again.
Thankfully, we've never had to wait more than that.
I think if someone can't call and tell me they are gonna be late they must have some emergency. I ain't gonna go looking for them.

Right there with you. I usually make it a point to have everyone at my place/hotel/trailer/etc. before I even head to the ramp. If they are real late I'll go set up and then go back and get them or make sure they have detailed instructions to find us.

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Sunday. Straight over to Alamitos Bay to be hauled. :thumbsdown I have no working boats.:grumble:

Would offer you a ride if we were out there, but you seem to have other plans... dragging broken boats around and whatnot... :p

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I'm with the "on vacation and no schedule" crowd. I hate keeping a schedules on vacation. I figure we will get there when we get there.

Unless there is some kind of event with a set schedule, like a poker run or similar, we just go with the flow.

But I wouldn't want to be a door mat either. Common courtesy dictates that someone is meeting up with you then they should keep you advised of their location and ETA (by phone if possible)

If I am going to be late myself with the boat, I call ahead and tell folks that I am meeting that I will meet them out there. Set up a designated meeting spot for later in the day. Its rude to hold people up when they are trying to have a good time on the lake.

cave

Reaction score
Fuck. I shoulda payed more attention to who started this thread! :D
:D yup the dreaded jetboater.

There you go even though his boat is ummm not slow. :D
I'm done with the going fast. I just want to get there.

I use to wait. No phone service back then. Now I get cell service at the local lake. I don't wait. Even if I had a broken Alpha Drive :D

Reaction score
:D yup the dreaded jetboater.

I'm done with the going fast. I just want to get there.

I use to wait. No phone service back then. Now I get cell service at the local lake. I don't wait. Even if I had a broken Alpha Drive :D

Hear that Merrill, even the little guy knows your boat is busted. Bwaaaaa hahahahahahahHahH

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Hear that Merrill, even the little guy knows your boat is busted. Bwaaaaa hahahahahahahHahH

All this insult shit saddens me. Fuck it, I'm going to work so I can pay to have my drive fixed.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I usually have the boat prepped at the end of each trip, there have been times that I pull into town and launch right away. it makes it nice to just uncover da boat and go. A stop for gas and ice is all that is needed.

The length of trip sometimes dictates launching same day or next day. The wind dictates my routine a lot too. I have been a bit more selective on the days I feel like dealing with it.

As for waiting on peeps, I push hard to get em moving if I see them holding the rest of crew down. Not a problem usually as the smaller the crew is the less I have to worry about.

Meeting peeps on da lake, generally i have a time and a location and I try to remain flexible. Don't keep a schedule. Just happy to be on the water.

Last edited:

cave

Reaction score
All this insult shit saddens me. Fuck it, I'm going to work so I can pay to have my drive fixed.

Wait. ... ... Its still broke? :eek: eeeggads man. WTHare you waiting for? No wonder your so grumpy...:D

Cajun

Reaction score

No way. There's nothing worse than launching and holding your boat in the heat because the invited can't find a matching pair of sandals for her painted nails and then gets pissy at her bf, and then tries to have an attitude with me as I'm sweating my nut sack off and livid at this point.

Reaction score
Wait. ... ... Its still broke? :eek: eeeggads man. WTHare you waiting for? No wonder your so grumpy...:D

He is on the 6 year fix it plan.