11902429-26A7-4B65-9E89-CFCE9D325814.jpeg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Saw a bunch of treads on the 40 today.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Deflate them and 1/2 the miles you actually need. Keep them at 80#’s at 110 degrees. Not very many. :D

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

Seriously? However far it is to West Marine where you can pick up a new set of wheels/tires!

Unless you like leaving your trailer (and whatever is sitting on it) out in the middle of nowhere at some point so you can go in search of a spare and hope your trailer is still there when you get back. Don't chance it. Vacations/trips are supposed to be fun, not aggravating because you didn't fix something before you left.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Seriously? However far it is to West Marine where you can pick up a new set of wheels/tires!

Unless you like leaving your trailer (and whatever is sitting on it) out in the middle of nowhere at some point so you can go in search of a spare and hope your trailer is still there when you get back. Don't chance it. Vacations/trips are supposed to be fun, not aggravating because you didn't fix something before you left.

It’s humor, Im Joking fella. I just bought this thing and noticed the tires had an 06 date code. Called my wife to make an appointment at discount tire and 2 minutes later this tire blew up. I just laughed as I knew it was going to happen. I just didn’t think it would be within the first 4 miles.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
However many were on it till that happened😁
Glad it didn't happen at speed or cause a lot of damage 👍

Sherpa

Reaction score
drop in a full can of fix-a-flat and let er rip!

--Nothing like those little wheels doing 900MPH down the highway!

jet496

Reaction score
It’s humor, Im Joking fella. I just bought this thing and noticed the tires had an 06 date code. Called my wife to make an appointment at discount tire and 2 minutes later this tire blew up. I just laughed as I knew it was going to happen. I just didn’t think it would be within the first 4 miles.

I started changing my tires every 5 years instead of going by what the treads looked like, I'd go off the date on the tire like you did. Carlisles were doing that to me right & left years back. It's like they had a self destruct mechanism detonate at 5 years.

hawgty55

Reaction score
had one go bad right at 95 and the 40. Made it to discount tire.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I started changing my tires every 5 years instead of going by what the treads looked like, I'd go off the date on the tire like you did. Carlisles were doing that to me right & left years back. It's like they had a self destruct mechanism detonate at 5 years.

yep. I’ve changed more trailer tires over the years than I can count. I’m like a dam nascar pit crew I’m so good at it. I always carry a jack, impact etc in the truck. These trailer tires are junk so I’m like you and I just change them way before they need it.