WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How many of us have friends who are completely losing it?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I have several friends who are completely losing it, ready for end of times. Going through life strapped and ready for war. This worries me, I can’t talk them down. I understand we’re in a difficult spot but I’m not at end of times yet... anyone else in this spot?

Mikes56

Reaction score
Six couples had plans to go off-roading in Cal City this weekend. All but two cancelled. I can't stay in the house any more, I'm getting cabin fever. Seems like it's mostly the wives that don't want to go.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Our gang has one dude that’s getting strange. Not uncharacteristic for him though. He was the dude with the family sized hand sanitizer in the console of his car for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
None that I know. But my friends and family are pretty common sense, centered, prepared for atypical events, conservatives, and rely on real data..

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I don't have any friends that are in that spot. However, I think my wife is tired of me being home. :)

X2. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
There's the hypocrite that wonders why people are out and about, while out herself.
Then there's those that scold folks for being outdoors walking the dog or hiking.
Then there's those that watch for the next batch of TP deliveries.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I drank the Koolaid....
1. stocked ammo
2. stocked 30 day food supply
3. replenished missing medical supplies.

I'm much more at ease now....

playing on RDP

I'm still concerned at Shit paper... down to 9 rolls. . LOL

Stay safe everyone...

The Virus is NASTY...

shutting down the Country?????

I personally do not believe that is the agenda.....

my belief will change when this Virus is equal to Cancer or Heart disease daily rate of deaths...

Sandlord

Reaction score
The frys by us pulled a slick trick on the TP.
Instead of putting it on the TP aisle, they put it on the endcaps at the back of the store.
They said the same hoarders come in every morning at opening and go straight to the TP aisle, and walk out if its empty.
I finally got some Charmin. Thanks Fry's.

Singleton

Reaction score
Only have a few at max stress level - The highest maxed couple - she quit her job in January and moved to Texas. Her husband just got furloughed for 90 days (after being with the company 20 years). He had zero PTO (used all of it while moving).
They did not downgrade. Mortgage in Tx + property taxes more then CA home they sold - they are stressed due to buying a 1M house in Texas - told my wife that was mistake 1 they made

HotRod82

Reaction score
I have a surprising number of friends buying into conspiracy theories....everything from 'the chinese did this on purpose to retaliate against Trump" , to "we were on the cusp of an economic meltdown so the governments created this pandemic". I usually respond with "you might want to keep that shit to yourself because one of these days things will be back to normal and you are going to have to face people...."

traquer

Reaction score
Those masks are junk. Bought 3 for the fam and returned it when they all failed the pressure test.. I went with a modern SGE tactical mask.. Comes with filter for $280 a pop on ebay. Make sure you get the right size. Better too small than large.

Doubt I'll need it but I always wanted one perfect excuse lol

Do you think ordering WWII era gas masks is going too far?

(Asking for a friend). :D

RD

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Yeah, the conspiracy theory friends are the ones who are all the way gone. Pull yourselves together man, lol.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think my Cali friends thought I was losing it when I moved out here...
Oddly, I'm not stressed or worried at all. If the plague is upon us, so be it. If people flip their lids, so be it. I'm prepared more than some, but less than others.

Deus Vult

d4l

Reaction score
Some here are just completely breaking down, calm down, you are healthy and still young, just dont push It and maybe dont visit your old folks.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My daughter recently had a preemie baby. He was born about 3 weeks early. Before he was born my wife and step-daughter that flew in from Alaska went to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm. They went to Knotts on the Wed before they officially closed due to the virus. They went to both Dland parks on Thurs and Fri before they were officially closed due to the virus. My daughter and her husband decided to quarantine us from seeing our other grandchild.

Now fast forward to the birth of the preemie. My daughter is now upset that she is allowed only one visit per day into the hospital to visit her newborn and is required to have her temperature checked and wear a face mask.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
👍
Deus vult is a Latin expression meaning "God wills it." It was used as a battle cry by Christian Crusaders in the 11th century and is strongly associated with the Princes' Crusade, which was responsible for the Siege of Jerusalem in 1099.