WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How many people are coming to Desert Storm WITHOUT A BOAT??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A friend of mine is just getting ready to launch a commercial charter boat here in Havasu that can run 60’ish people..

I was thinking if there’s enough people coming to DS I could put together a charter where ya jist show up and bring your beer and he takes care of the rest..

To be clear we don’t need 60 people to rent the thing but the cost is 2500-3000 dollars so 50.00 sounds pretty cheap for a fun day.. it’s 55’x14’ and has a bathroom on board..

We could rent it with half the people for double the money per etc..

Was just thinking this might He an option for those stuck without a boat?

or maybe we can rent this thing for a little private rdp booze cruise on Friday? Night? 🤪
1D5E80A7-40DD-424E-B557-395C9AE303C7.jpeg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I always leave my toon in Parker.

Are you thinking about the day of the shootout??

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Hell i'm in even if i somehow show up with a boat

BajaMike

Reaction score
I would be in for sure but 60 people on board is too much. Charge twice the price per person with 30 people on board and I am in for me and Anji. I’m boatless and it sounds like fun.

BajaMike

Reaction score
$100 a person would be fine with me.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Is that the old BudLight party barge. If so I hope they really disinfected it from all the STD's.

And like others said I would rather pay $100 and limit it to 30 people. I would rather spend $100 then deal with using my boat on Desert Storm weekend, not worth it in my opinion.

DWC

Reaction score
We’d be in for a Friday booze cruise. Not sure if the boat will be ready for DS. Gonna be close but we’ll bum a ride from @Jumppack JB if it’s not. ;)

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We’d be in for a Friday booze cruise. Not sure if the boat will be ready for DS. Gonna be close but we’ll bum a ride from @Jumppack JB if it’s not. ;)

I would be in for this plus a couple people. @Shlbyntro ? It's going to be a very sober weekend for me other than main street and afterparties driving lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

Englewood

Reaction score
I have no boat unless one pops up soon. What about the Dixie Bell? They are close to getting their permits to operate. Was just inside it the other day. Full bar, kicker system, etc. would be epic for DS. I just texted the owner to see if avail.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Did they measure the maximum occupancy for normal humans, or RDPeeps and coolers?
Thinking they may have to ditch the seating, that's a whole lot of coolers on deck!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Did they measure the maximum occupancy for normal humans, or RDPeeps and coolers?
Thinking they may have to ditch the seating, that's a whole lot of coolers on deck!
So you are saying RDP folks are generally over weight.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
pops and i are boatless....

we would be interested

Mike K

Reaction score
Great idea:
Couple of thoughts:
Absolutely have a small bar with a bartender.
Sell some food ... even if it’s just sandwiches ... but have some food.
Drive around ... drive to different “pick up card” sites ... don’t just bob around all day long ... kinda boring.
Have some portable music ... background enjoyable music not bumping all day.
Have three different drop-off times if someone wants to get off early or pick up late arrivers.
This is really a cool idea ... even for peeps that don’t want to fight the launch ramp !

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I was kinna wondering if there is seating on it??

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So you are saying RDP folks are generally over weight.
That'd be a "pot/kettle" thing...

What I may be saying, is some of ya'll can load a boat with enough beer to make it a wake surfer's dream 😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I would be in for sure but 60 people on board is too much. Charge twice the price per person with 30 people on board and I am in for me and Anji. I’m boatless and it sounds like fun.

well ya know what I mean.. it’s just a function of the overall price

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have my boat for the weekend but I was thinking maybe a Friday booze cruise kinda deal? I dunno.. sounds like it would be a fun little boat ride..

or possibly an option for everyone that cashed out of their overpriced boats right now.🤪

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I'm along for the ride, wherever it takes me

I wouldn't mind an evening booze cruise on it. price point wise it would be worth it. Hahaha im sure you will get some river driving in...I enjoy my pirates buckets lol

D19

Reaction score
Uh.. rdp has never chartered a boat?

It wasn't an RDP deal. It was a big group of people from different forums celebrating Christmas. I text you a pic of Grads and I giving you the bird that night if you recall. LOL

Wendi did a lot to put it on two years in a row. She did a great job putting on a fun event.

The damage to the boat sucked, but everyone chipped in to pay for it.

gqchris

Reaction score
Im down for a booze cruise. Would be nice to just be a passenger for once! Lol