Did you "Stop Engine" Before fueling? :D

Never shut down to get fuel. Old picture

IMG_0199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

530RL

Reaction score
Beat the shit out of mine everyday.

Quantum Helicopters in Chandler has 3 R22's with over 20,000 hours on them instructing students.....

I assume your Beta was upgraded to a Beta II at overhaul?

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
I had my private helicopter ticket when I went in the Army, and was an AO (left seat) in an OH-58 Kiowa. Deployed overseas and built up hours. Got out of the Army and got my commercial helicopter license as well as fixed wing time (including a solo to Havasu from Carlsbad when I was doing my fixed wing transition).

I am not current, and miss flying helicopters. My buddy that went in the Army with me transitioned to fixed wings when he got out, and now flies for American Airlines.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Are you guys firing warning shots at a drug running boat, rogue boat that lost their crew or training?
Yeah in that picture that's a dummy boat being towed by another boat that we use for our interdiction training.

Andy01

Reaction score
Wow a lot of pilots, and very experienced pilots. Some of you have amazing planes, and careers.
I would own a plane if I could get a hanger in Havasu. I have networked, called, all of the above. Nothing. The only option I have found is a prepaid 20 year lease for $79,000. I use to fly out of KLGB, Long Beach. Not many hours, not many ratings. Single engine high performance, basically flew a late model 182 Turbo G1000. Not current, was a yearish ago. Would really like to get back into flying. But again, no hanger, no plane. I cant even get a covered port here. Looked really hard at buying a pre-owned 172 not to long ago, but the hanger thing held me up. I love to fly more than boating. If I had $200,000-$400,000 to spend on a hobby it would be a plane first, boat second.

Havafewinsider

Reaction score
Who insured your aircraft while training? It’s an RG from the looks of it. Avemco won’t insure students in an RG, so I’m interested who you got to insure it.
My brother has about 1000 hours and we registered the plane under my LLC and its about 900 a year for him. When i start my IFR training in it i will need to see how thats going to work. I'm probably going to pay a pretty penny.

copterzach

Reaction score
Quantum Helicopters in Chandler has 3 R22's with over 20,000 hours on them instructing students.....

I assume your Beta was upgraded to a Beta II at overhaul?

Robinson doesn't allow you to that anymore. So i added the Powerflow exhaust. I had Performance Aircraft Parts in Arkansas build my O320. Ported, polished, REM coated, Cryogenic Treat my cylinders. My engine makes more power than any Beta II around. And fuel burn is very low. I fly with guys everyday who fly Beta IIs. At 3.2 hours they need fuel. The guys with bladders are getting 2.4-2.8 hours. I don't have bladder tanks installed, but i have them on a shelf in my hangar. Flying side by side gathering cattle i am getting 3.5-3.8 hours of flight time.

Andy01

Reaction score
Robinson doesn't allow you to that anymore. So i added the Powerflow exhaust. I had Performance Aircraft Parts in Arkansas build my O320. Ported, polished, REM coated, Cryogenic Treat my cylinders. My engine makes more power than any Beta II around. And fuel burn is very low. I fly with guys everyday who fly Beta IIs. At 3.2 hours they need fuel. The guys with bladders are getting 2.4-2.8 hours. I don't have bladder tanks installed, but i have them on a shelf in my hangar. Flying side by side gathering cattle i am getting 3.5-3.8 hours of flight time.

Do you guys fly in rain, or bad weather at all? What happens when it gets cold? Do you put doors on? Must be a lot of fun, like all jobs I am sure at some point it gets boring.

SnoC653

Reaction score

Flying working cattle would be fun. But those Robinsons are so tiny. I have my RW commercial, IFR, S70 type rating and a FW Instrument ticket. I started in the 80s and gave it up for a long time. On my last deployment they were using Hueys and I got the itch to go fly again. Just over 2000 hrs total time, but there is nothing like rotory wing down low and in the trees.

copterzach

Reaction score
Do you guys fly in rain, or bad weather at all? What happens when it gets cold? Do you put doors on? Must be a lot of fun, like all jobs I am sure at some point it gets boring.

Try to avoid rain. Fly with passenger door on when it's cold. Has a heater that will cook your feet. Visibility sucks with pilot door on. Just bundle up.

IMG_3438.jpg

Havasteve

Reaction score
Wow a lot of pilots, and very experienced pilots. Some of you have amazing planes, and careers.
I would own a plane if I could get a hanger in Havasu. I have networked, called, all of the above. Nothing. The only option I have found is a prepaid 20 year lease for $79,000. I use to fly out of KLGB, Long Beach. Not many hours, not many ratings. Single engine high performance, basically flew a late model 182 Turbo G1000. Not current, was a yearish ago. Would really like to get back into flying. But again, no hanger, no plane. I cant even get a covered port here. Looked really hard at buying a pre-owned 172 not to long ago, but the hanger thing held me up. I love to fly more than boating. If I had $200,000-$400,000 to spend on a hobby it would be a plane first, boat second.

Havasteve

Reaction score
You just missed a third of a Cherokee 180 in a hanger for 15k. You have to be here to snatch it up. Its been available for a long time.

Best thing to do is offer to pay for gas. Us pilots love people with gas money. Myself and several other pilots fly off to breakfast on Sundays. Ask for a ride and offer to pay for gas and you'll be in the loop. A ride to Sedona for breakfast costs about $150 for four seats round trip. The Centurion is a thirsty plane. It's for sale too.

The Air Center will hanger a plane for you. They have large hangers that hold many planes so if you want hanger space it's available.

Waiting for a hanger can take a decade of two. A dozen hangers were just built and they're all sold. When someone sells their plane the hanger usually is transferred with the plane.

If anyone wants to go flying just ask. Ill fly any day. I love it!

Andy01

Reaction score
You just missed a third of a Cherokee 180 in a hanger for 15k. You have to be here to snatch it up. Its been available for a long time.

Best thing to do is offer to pay for gas. Us pilots love people with gas money. Myself and several other pilots fly off to breakfast on Sundays. Ask for a ride and offer to pay for gas and you'll be in the loop. A ride to Sedona for breakfast costs about $150 for four seats round trip. The Centurion is a thirsty plane. It's for sale too.

The Air Center will hanger a plane for you. They have large hangers that hold many planes so if you want hanger space it's available.

Waiting for a hanger can take a decade of two. A dozen hangers were just built and they're all sold. When someone sells their plane the hanger usually is transferred with the plane.

If anyone wants to go flying just ask. Ill fly any day. I love it!
Steve I'm in! I'll burn $150 every Sunday lol! Give me a call. 310 480 4285.

DaveH

Reaction score
been flying sailplanes for a while now.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 81

rrrr

Reaction score
The newlyweds ??

Yeah. What a terrible thing. The helicopter apparently hit rising terrain just minutes after leaving the ranch where the wedding took place. It happened after the sun had gone down.

A newlywed couple was killed late Saturday in a helicopter crash in Texas — shortly after the pair got married.Will Byler, of Bellville, and Bailee Ackerman, of Orangefield, were killed "as they flew off in the family helicopter" as they left their fairytale wedding, a family friend wrote in a Facebook post. The pilot also reportedly died.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-ne...crash-less-than-2-hours-after-getting-married

copterzach

Reaction score
Zach, did you hear about the 206 going down near Uvalde? Really sad deal.

The newlyweds ??

Yeah. What a terrible thing. The helicopter apparently hit rising terrain just minutes after leaving the ranch where the wedding took place. It happened after the sun had gone down.

A newlywed couple was killed late Saturday in a helicopter crash in Texas — shortly after the pair got married.Will Byler, of Bellville, and Bailee Ackerman, of Orangefield, were killed "as they flew off in the family helicopter" as they left their fairytale wedding, a family friend wrote in a Facebook post. The pilot also reportedly died.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-ne...crash-less-than-2-hours-after-getting-married

Yes i did. I work for the Byler family. We caught their deer last week. Horrible situation. I know the pilot and the newly weds. My wife went to the wedding. I was flying and could not get away. My wife is going to attend the services. I cant get away. I did talk to the Mr Byler today to express my condolences. Services are this Friday.

rrrr

Reaction score
My condolences to you. It's a horrible tragedy.