WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How many times a week does someone threaten to sue you?

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Earlier in my LEO career I was named in two different civil suits at the federal level, claiming all sorts of civil rights violations. Both civil cases were decided in my favor after a motion for summary judgement was granted. Just means in part, that the judge reviewed the undisputed facts of the case and ruled in our favor prior to a trial. It is still a nerve racking situation when you are a defendant.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Earlier in my LEO career I was named in two different civil suits at the federal level, claiming all sorts of civil rights violations. Both civil cases were decided in my favor after a motion for summary judgement was granted. Just means in part, that the judge reviewed the undisputed facts of the case and ruled in our favor prior to a trial. It is still a nerve racking situation when you are a defendant.
My first was federal and based on something from about 2 weeks in. First learned about it from the newspaper with my name right there in black ink. I didn't tell the wife until it was all done. Once the judge saw the BS allegations it was thrown out. Prior to that I had to jump through all the normal hoops a give depo's. It sucks, but you get used to it.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here’s the name of Riverdave’s next boat......... SoSueMe

Kinda has a nice Native American ring to it!

Future names..... SoSueMe 2, SoSueMe Again, U2 SueMe, U All SueMe 2, EyeSueU2

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I may have posted this already here . . . but my body owns some restaurants and the poor guy is being sued ALL THE TIME for the most bogus claims.
Some are so unbelievable it's truly sad . . . he's often bummed-out cause it's never ending. Almost makes you lose faith in humanity.

Joe mama

Reaction score
One that comes to mind....I had a few ladder's n shit stolen off a job site in Fresno, wrote it off as COB and kept doing our thing. About a year later I'm being sued by someone I had never heard of. Turns out fat fucking Buqueefaa claims she was on my ladder she stole while grossly exceeding the weight limit, ate shit and is owed $$$$. They sent pictures of my ladder with my company's name and # on them like they had me over s barrel or something. My personal reply was extremely racial and insensitive I never heard back LoL
Same thing happened to the contractor I was working for years ago. The Larry H Parker’s called the shop saying their client fell off our ladder. Shops response “you know how many fucking ladders we have stolen off jobs”. Never heard back from them.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
I belong to a couple camera forums. Most, like here have a for sale zub forum. It got quite large. All for free. No kickbacks, commisions, nada.
Some deal with an Uppity N.Y. male, felt jilted and sued the other guy and the entire forum and ALL members. I got an email from the law firm.
Deleted it of course....
Never heard how it ended but For Sale section went away for 6 months, then returned accessable ONLY after 6 months of membership & 100 + posts.
Seemed to work.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Never been sued.

I have sued 3 others. Won all 3. Have collected 0 in the money I won. (they owed me the money is why I sued). Only thing I do is have my lawyer make sure it stays on their credit report. Lawyer is a friend and does it free, but not sure how he does it. Yes I paid him in the original suit, but at a reduced rate. End result is it isn't worth it/ pain in the ass.

Turnup

Reaction score
I was super bummed out when my Corp got its first suit, then my pops said 'you ain't really in business until you been sued' 🤣

HBCraig

Reaction score
Not a bunch but we do have some. Sometimes it is geared toward the service and parts. Some of my guys with large crane that work a lot of hours spend up to 70K per week in parts. Its crazy. I hear the "get it righ or I will sue you" every now and then, but not that much thank God.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I ended up dodging lawsuits until being a Detective.
A Rolling 60’s gangster with a sawed off/cut down Mini 14 sued me for filing on him.
When it went to court first day, the defense attorney dropped all charges when he realized I left off three additional enhancements that could of added 12 years of convicted.
Homie took 5 years and served 3
Back in 2001.

Threatened to be “taken back to Family Court”?
No comment 🤣

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
No not yet.. with the way the country is going though I suspect at some point it will happen and be because of the P&G..

SRice has been screen shotting the shit out of the P&G, hell there might be some fake members here at this point.

Fuck em.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Dave..... Even though we live in Florida, my wife is still a member of the Arizona Bar. You have free consultations anytime you need it. She specializes in Civil Defense, exactly the type of Lawyer you would need, If and when you are sued. Just throwing that out there as a lifeline, if you ever decide you need it! She is now a Senior Partner in a multi state law firm specializing in insurance defense litigation. Call us anytime!

Here’s her motto as it pertains to you......

“We cheat the other guy....... and pass the savings on to you!” (I am being funny)

Jimmyv

Reaction score
48121735-D1B8-43E6-9E9B-85B767B7A1DB.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Riverdave Story, a forthcoming novel.
Chap3: I tink I sue dat plick RD.

Englewood

Reaction score
I think we have 4 going, a few other threats...Not a single one of them did we do anything wrong. However, we've created a society where people no longer are responsible for their actions.

The only ones who ever win are these shit bag attorneys.