WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How much money do you have in your RZR? And pics...........

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Maverick is built very tough and the ride is good. anybody that has own a Maverick has nothing but good thing to say about them. Definitely more xp's out there

Enen

Reaction score
Did you have a rhino before? Everyone is telling me to stay away from the Maverick. It's cheaper and I think it's built better. Especially fit and finish. Has anyone actually drove both? Seems everyone is a mfg cheer leader.

My neighbor is the regional sales rep for Can-Am. I have driven both the RZR 1000 and the Maverick Max turbo.

Polaris has a better design for their rear suspension. That is not to say the Can-Am design doesn't work well. I believe both units need suspension tuning right out of the box. The reality is for recreational use, I doubt a person will ever use either suspension to capacity.

The Polaris is a rear engine design, the Can-Am is mid engine. Can Am is a V-Twin, Polaris is an inline. The fit and finish and ergonomics of the Can Am are superior to Polaris- IMO. Some will compare the seating position of a car (RZR) to a truck ( Maverick).

Personally, if I do take the SxS plunge, I would go w Maverick.

Hammer

Reaction score
My neighbor is the regional sales rep for Can-Am. I have driven both the RZR 1000 and the Maverick Max turbo.

Polaris has a better design for their rear suspension. That is not to say the Can-Am design doesn't work well. I believe both units need suspension tuning right out of the box. The reality is for recreational use, I doubt a person will ever use either suspension to capacity.

The Polaris is a rear engine design, the Can-Am is mid engine. Can Am is a V-Twin, Polaris is an inline. The fit and finish and ergonomics of the Can Am are superior to Polaris- IMO. Some will compare the seating position of a car (RZR) to a truck ( Maverick).

Personally, if I do take the SxS plunge, I would go w Maverick.

Great insight Aaron. Thank you!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
On the non turbo cars it looks like the RZR wins pretty handily even over the yamaha.

I do like the Can am car and have always been a rotax fan.

The big surprise is the yamaha isn't the world beater everyone though it would be.

[video=youtube;5K5R_-3Dh8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K5R_-3Dh8g[/video]

The turbo cars looks like the can am has the edge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41khP2XPMWQ

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
For the turbo cars it looks like the can am has the edge...barely..

[video=youtube;41khP2XPMWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41khP2XPMWQ[/video]

underpressure

Reaction score
Kinda partial to my Can Am...it was built by SDR and is totally custom. ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 573

Andy01

Reaction score
AZ West ended up being the best out the door deal, and was quick on the phone. They have been great to deal with so far, if your shopping call Jack 928-680-4151.

I didn't pick one up yet......

TCHB

Reaction score
AZ West ended up being the best out the door deal, and was quick on the phone. They have been great to deal with so far, if your shopping call Jack 928-680-4151.

I didn't pick one up yet......

I agree easy to deal with and was the best price around. They even delivered it to my door!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
For the turbo cars it looks like the can am has the edge...barely..

[video=youtube;41khP2XPMWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41khP2XPMWQ[/video]

One car length would never be the strength I'd make a purchase decision on.
Amazing how many people do.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I bought a new Rzr Turbo and friends bought Rzr 4 seaters and brought other rides and we headed to camp at what is called "Glamis North Hot Springs" for a run what ya brung run.
Located above Califs Salton Sea. A resort with natural mineral Hot Springs spas and nice 50 AMP hookups.
One trail of many trails to offer is called the Little Rubicon. Beautiful scenery and wildlife galore.

5wbpvs8.jpg

820_IMG_4163_Little_Rubicon_Canyon_1-30-10_II.jpg

820__MG_3421_At_the_Little_Rubicon_12-26-09.jpg

820_IMG_4213_Craig_in_Rubicon_1-30-10_II.jpg

V4Ceq5D2mVkBrePTZ0NEnTjbIpLOIZa2AsCnZudktX8569d02pyKj5NVZh5vXX4AIqTDkVZMJx0v0ZeC-Iw=s610

Always a beer break at the abandon RR Trestles:

St-_hITCCm5BhUqYeKntOC6obsshCSwoP91f6nExBqrH-jQJ2Z6Z6JQO2AHrMZzOAXtq4--CmflMRQXdJw=s610

820_Little_Rubicon_3-6-10-5069.jpg

Another trail leads to Slab City.
A place in the Desert where people camp for free and some have made it an extended stay.

Salvation Mountain:

b2d9feda4e146d5e507160aea941f5d5.jpg

East Jesus:
IMG_0290.jpg

West Satan:

1504120109-slab-city.jpg

Bat Caves:

U5pqADAvxjHlTLPwkUq8yUD1i36kMTjy-9-XTHr76FSQeshrNiD5RKlDivwhHPO5lvHnNSMTUxV5R2VIZQ=s610

a_kg-9KO5rZFlOlEf1XWmM-ZgSRQpw41WqBeYHG0mH1AuRoGFRYOt_G5iixi_gj_Cc2UPWHERxy_GQKS=s610

The Pinnacles:
r-4SmwMZI2ygTUuniY34PfzAP4w_zc8Y7xH7fxt5ZvAMtcLe8D33ER4WAyZgyri-vcwcYtXlheswXsHwNKc=s610

Some trails lead to the "Hotel California", the Patty Hearst Hideout Cabin, quite a variety.

Andy01

Reaction score
WOW great pics TPC, looks killer! How long of a run is that?

JRS1939

Reaction score
184a3c0db6ea3e57a06c167790596be8.jpg

It's been a muddy mess prerunning for the 1000 this morning. This is between mm50ish and 55. In Santo Tomas now getting some food.

503f69434c3a5503c77eb800db3f1149.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Is Salvation mountain all cement?

I think it's Adobe, and starch and cloth and paper mache' and some plaster and some cement and thick coats of paint.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
WOW great pics TPC, looks killer! How long of a run is that?

Average run was under 30 miles each way. Some much longer we didn't do those this run.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
7k in my rzr. Bought a used 800s with all the bells and whistles (even has a subwoofer) already done to it. Even though its not a baller machine it gets the job done and the wife and i have fun. when I upgrade i'll probably buy a used 1000 xp that someone else has pimped out and thus i can come up on a good deal.

With polaris coming out with a new model every year, some of these machines only a few years old can be bought for a steep discount....

I'd love a bigger machine, but the misses loves the river more and wants a bigger boat for next season. Cant argue there!

:thumbup:

Andy01

Reaction score
Many of you do the race radios? PCI or Rugged? In helmet? My kids are going to be wearing helmets if I do one, thinking I might on the cold days. Was going to do two head sets and four helmets if I go this route, then I could hear my kids if they say something while driving. Anyone have much experience with these?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Many of you do the race radios? PCI or Rugged? In helmet? My kids are going to be wearing helmets if I do one, thinking I might on the cold days. Was going to do two head sets and four helmets if I go this route, then I could hear my kids if they say something while driving. Anyone have much experience with these?

Rugged seems to be the most popular.
All brands can talk to each other if you have a channel designation cross reference. Rugged names their channels, PCI goes by the frequency.
The guys that have them love them, I've yet to make that jump.
The radios seem to be fussy and need maint from time to time. Broken switch or what have ya.
Rugged has outstanding customer service. If you see their truck in Glamis they'll service / repair your radio for free.
I dunno, I've got this far without one.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Went Rugged for car to car and in car. In helmet.

Otherwise you end up screaming at everyone and having to take your helmet off evrytime you want to talk to a passenger or another car.

They aren't anything you can't live without, but sure are nice to have.

PCI is great product as well.

UD

Meaney77

Reaction score
All brands can talk to each other if you have a channel designation cross reference. Rugged names their channels, PCI goes by the frequency.
The radios seem to be fussy and need maint from time to time. Broken switch or what have ya.
Rugged has outstanding customer service. If you see their truck in Glamis they'll service / repair your radio for free.

Good advice- I have looked at both brands and have heard good and bad about both. Like TPC I haven't made the jump yet and have managed okay over the last few years without them. Also dont need to hear my wife screaming in my ear to slow down, its just easier to ignore her and tell her I cant hear her because the motor is loud!

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score

We have PCI in the Razor and it has about a dozen pre named channels.

jesco

Reaction score

Rugged and PCI use the same radios for the car to car portion so they both have the same channels. They have "different" in car intercom boxes... Its really the same stuff, just different name stamped on it. I have had both systems and both companies are VERY good with their customer service. I just bought a full car kit from Rugged at the Sand Show, the radio didn't have any of the channels programmed in. I called and within 2 days the tech pulled up to my house, plugged into the radio and downloaded them all, that's SERVICE!!!! They are definitely not mandatory to have, but once you get a set, you will NEVER own a car again without them. I have mine wired to a Sirus Radio mobile unit, or my wife can plug her cell phone into it for music. The sound will lower down when somebody talks automatically, kids love it. Plus, they keep your ears warm... hahaha

RVRKID

Reaction score

Our group has them and I don't think I would own another without. It is great that my 4 year old can talk from the back seat and we can hear him. They also are great if it's real dusty out and you are following someone, you can hang back some and the leader just calls out his turns.

Andy01

Reaction score
Looks like PCI has the best product and best value for what I am after. Just spoke with Kyle there at length, very knowledgeable guy that knows everything on the market. PCI will get my business hands down.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Nice how much OTD? Looking to get one next year.

I was told it was $22,000 something. It had been used as a display model at a recent show by the dealer, came with a 5-point harness at every seat, aftermarket cage, and a bunch of other stuff added. I don't know the manufacturers of the add-ons but can check tonight and update this post.

Joker

Reaction score
I was told it was $22,000 something. It had been used as a display model at a recent show by the dealer, came with a 5-point harness at every seat, aftermarket cage, and a bunch of other stuff added. I don't know the manufacturers of the add-ons but can check tonight and update this post.

Lol, women always tell you they got a great deal, then you see the receipt. :D

Boatracer36

Reaction score

I wouldnt offroad with out them anymore. So much nicer not having to yell to talk, listen to music, talk to other cars in your group (no more of those I wonder what happen to them) lol. Everyone I take for a ride and they use it, they love them. I have all rugged stuff in the rzr and race boat.

Hammer

Reaction score

That is a great price with the add-ons. Curious what dealer? PM me if you would like.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Looks like PCI has the best product and best value for what I am after. Just spoke with Kyle there at length, very knowledgeable guy that knows everything on the market. PCI will get my business hands down.

Toooo Much $$$ in mine! PCI is a good choice but if you are getting the MTX Audio System DON'T waste your $$$. You won't be able to get the MTX audio into your helmet/head sets. It's a MTX Audio shortcoming not a PCI issue!
IMG_4880.jpg IMG_4893.jpg IMG_5593.jpg

Andy01

Reaction score
Toooo Much $$$ in mine! PCI is a good choice but if you are getting the MTX Audio System DON'T waste your $$$. You won't be able to get the MTX audio into your helmet/head sets. It's a MTX Audio shortcoming not a PCI issue!
View attachment 448247 View attachment 448248 View attachment 448249

Wow very nice Pat! You have all the cool shit :D

I won't do any other stereo if I do the PCI, I think I would just hook my phone to the PCI and roll with it that way.

Hammer

Reaction score

Thank you. Really wanted to wait until next year, unfortunately with the the kid hes not big enough to ride a quad on long rides yet. When I was a kid we rode on the back of my dads 3 wheeler, seeing how that is against the law these days I had to figure out a way for all of us to go on rides together. Kind of forced my hand early. It's only money right? They say memories are priceless... I'm more stokd for junior, he's going to love it. :thumbup:

Hammer

Reaction score
What kind of deal did you get, and from where if you don't mind?

Hey buddy! Long time no talk! I need to speak to you about some pistons actually. I bought it from Northland Motorsports in AZ. I'll shoot you a text..

RaceTec

Reaction score
Hey buddy! Long time no talk! I need to speak to you about some pistons actually. I bought it from Northland Motorsports in AZ. I'll shoot you a text..

We need to catch up sometime! Sounds like it would be worth a drive to AZ...

Email me at work if you need some pistons... You know the drill [email protected]

Andy01

Reaction score
A few people have asked me about insurance on these. I just rated mine with 20 years experience, clean driving record on a XP 4 1000 with very high coverages I am about $400 a year. Storage location is Lake Havasu.

Andy01

Reaction score
If I drop the limits way down I'm looking at $340ish a year.

Mike K

Reaction score
2 months ago I bought a used 2013 900XP rzr. I did a lot of research on what to buy just to have it kinda decent with the stuff u really should have.
buy: roof, 2 led driving lights, 4-point belts, led light whip, side mirrors, soft side cooler. spare tire and mount. 12 volt air compressor and tire plugs. small tool bag w/ tools, tusk storage bag for between the seats. 4 Polaris lock & ride cargo mounts, fire extinguisher and mount. small bottle jack with a piece of wood. Tow strap without the metal hook. There is a ton of stuff u can buy for these RZR's ... but the above is kinda just to get started.