WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How much over MSRP 🥳

BAS

Reaction score
As some of you may know I run a small car dealership out of Colorado and and the trucking company that specializes in auto relocation. So here’s the kicker, my father-in-law got a hair up his ass to buy a new raptor at msrp to resell, he thinks he’s going to get 15 to 25 over MSRP in California. Scary after you include taxes and bullshit. I don’t believe the market is there for it what’s your guys thoughts?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Raptor R? Sure. Standard Raptor Gen III? I doubt it but you can take the current market temperature here...

And this thread:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
As some of you may know I run a small car dealership out of Colorado and and the trucking company that specializes in auto relocation. So here’s the kicker, my father-in-law got a hair up his ass to buy a new raptor at msrp to resell, he thinks he’s going to get 15 to 25 over MSRP in California. Scary after you include taxes and bullshit. I don’t believe the market is there for it what’s your guys thoughts?
😄
😆

The market is poised to tank YUGE atm.

Even really special shit will barely sell for 5k over MSRP.

Take in the competition from TREX and the new ZR2 Silverado, they are dreaming IMO.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Never had a raptor, but I was kinda thinking about selling my dually and getting one?

I am just struggling with the idea of taking something that expensive actually Offroad?

RD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Never had a raptor, but I was kinda thinking about selling my dually and getting one?

I am just struggling with the idea of taking something that expensive actually Offroad?

RD

You’ll be pissed the first time you drive it through a bush trying to keep up with a 10 year old RZR.

WYRD

Reaction score
Just ordered a new 2023 Ram 4x4 Diesel Laramie Mega cab. Fully loaded, minus sunroof. About 5k under MSRP. The ADM days are gone
Where was this and what was rhe otd price?

Taboma

Reaction score
A quick check on Autotrader, shows a couple of new 22's available on San Diego lots listed for $ 20K over. A couple in Orange County, as high as $ 30K.
But those are on the lot NEW, this one will be officially used, so unlikely that much over new sticker.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I was just at Autonation Ford in Tustin this past Saturday & they have two used Raptors for sale…… one grey & the other is red.

I looked at the grey one … it’s a 2019 w/ 24k miles priced at $71.8k. & CPO.

I didn’t look at the mileage on the red one however I believe it was $72k+.

If anyone’s interested……

With regards to markups, on new vehicles, I looked around their lot & didn’t see any ‘market adjustments’ on their stickers….It appeared as though everything was being sold at MSRP…. but maybe I don’t look close enough. I did see a brand new Explorer ST for $61k lol…. Crazy prices these days 😂😂😂

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I think those days are over. Dealers are blowing up the phones of anyone that even showed interest in cars in the last 6 months and telling them they can do deals below MSRP and throw in multiple items. Market has softened, and I think next year will be brutal.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Yore FIL might be driving a Raptor for the next few years, lol.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
Really going to depend on what vehicle and dealer inventory. Lower production and popular models will still pull a premium into next year if there is short inventory till they catch up. Interest rates are slowing down the market for sure helping inventory catch up slowly thus lowering or even eliminating the ADM, again depending on what vehicle we are talking about.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I doubt it. Buddy got an early allocation on a Bronco Badlands and made $15k on the flip after using it for a few months. A couple of months ago he picked up a Tesla model 3 to flip and made $700 after selling it last week. Another friend’s trade in value on her model 3 dropped from $42k in June to $33k yesterday. Market is cooling

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Honda Civic Si $5k adm.

Honda Civic type R $30k adm.

It's not just trucks that get marked up!

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
When shopping for a new car for the wife she wanted the Kia telluride and it had a 15k mark up told the guy to get fucked that I wasn’t paying 15k over msrp

Called me yesterday and said we will sell one without the mark up now I just hung up we ended up with a preowned Hyundai Palisade with around 60k miles and a 150k bumper to bumper warranty

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Raptors have always been above msrp.

Seems in ca they start at 15-20k over but come down to 5-10k.

He might make a couple bucks but it won’t really be worth the hassle after taxes and fees.

He won’t make 20-25k now

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Not going to happen. I got my truck 2% under invoice when everyone was paying over MSRP.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Yeah, that is Hawaii for you. It is cheaper to buy a car on the mainland and ship it in. 👍
Yep...the dealers have no problem telling you how bad they are screwing you there... any specialty car is a minimum of 25k markup...and every truck is usually at least 10. Raptors were listed at 95k for the longest time...we always bought in Vegas and shipped.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So I saw an interesting article yesterday that GM, and to probably a similar degree Ford and Dodge, are basically using the windfall profits from all the popular SUV and Trucks to bankroll the conversion of everything else they sell to electric. GM had announced no ICE models for sale past 2035. Ford is not quite so aggressive.

Anyhow so I think the point is, going forward, they need these profits to keep rolling in so I really doubt we will ever see deep discounts (under invoice) for most of what’s popular out on the lots today and next year.

Sure if you order via fleet or have some one-off model the dealer knows they can’t sell they might deal so there will be exceptions but they will be far and few between.

timstoy

Reaction score
I was just at Autonation Ford in Tustin this past Saturday & they have two used Raptors for sale…… one grey & the other is red.

I looked at the grey one … it’s a 2019 w/ 24k miles priced at $71.8k. & CPO.

I didn’t look at the mileage on the red one however I believe it was $72k+.

If anyone’s interested……

With regards to markups, on new vehicles, I looked around their lot & didn’t see any ‘market adjustments’ on their stickers….It appeared as though everything was being sold at MSRP…. but maybe I don’t look close enough. I did see a brand new Explorer ST for $61k lol…. Crazy prices these days 😂😂😂

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
There are lots of truckfags here with more money than sense, so don't underestimate their stupidity. Some of those twits will gladly pay an excess $15k to be the first in their clique to own one. $15k is like one trip to Disneyland or to the Grocery store here.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Yeah, that is Hawaii for you. It is cheaper to buy a car on the mainland and ship it in. 👍
Yep! When I was slinging trucks for Dave Smith In Idaho I shipped quite a few over. I even had one guy ship us his trade-in. That was a new one for me.

JM21

Reaction score
When shopping for a new car for the wife she wanted the Kia telluride and it had a 15k mark up told the guy to get fucked that I wasn’t paying 15k over msrp

Called me yesterday and said we will sell one without the mark up now I just hung up we ended up with a preowned Hyundai Palisade with around 60k miles and a 150k bumper to bumper warranty
Do you mind sharing what dealer? My wife has wanted one for 2 years and I continue to tell her nothing over MSRP

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing what dealer? My wife has wanted one for 2 years and I continue to tell her nothing over MSRP
The dealer for the Kia? Many people will tell you this the Hyundai Palisade is the same exact car as the Kia telluride and the Hyundai is a way better looking car on the inside in my opinion compare them side by side and you will see it’s the same car they are sister companies

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I think those days are over. Dealers are blowing up the phones of anyone that even showed interest in cars in the last 6 months and telling them they can do deals below MSRP and throw in multiple items. Market has softened, and I think next year will be brutal.
I wish that was the case, I have not had 1 dealer call me to see if I purchased or still interested.

JM21

Reaction score
The dealer for the Kia? Many people will tell you this the Hyundai Palisade is the same exact car as the Kia telluride and the Hyundai is a way better looking car on the inside in my opinion compare them side by side and you will see it’s the same car they are sister companies
Yes, the Kia dealer if you don’t mind. I tried to sell her on that exact statement but she said “the grill is hideous” and I have to agree

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Yes, the Kia dealer if you don’t mind. I tried to sell her on that exact statement but she said “the grill is hideous” and I have to agree
Kia of Temecula

boatpi

Reaction score
At high end Lambo s are now sold out for 2023 model year
World wide. It was all over the news at apparently this is a first ,’sold out before you even begin to deliver the current model year. Insanity.

badgas

Reaction score
Dealers have made great money on all the AMD bs. They will go back to making money on the people that lease and take 72 month payments. Also the service departments are HUGE profit centers as they make up stuff and get incentives for all the upsells.

Dealers will be fine as long as people drive cars.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
At high end Lambo s are now sold out for 2023 model year
World wide. It was all over the news at apparently this is a first ,’sold out before you even begin to deliver the current model year. Insanity.
This is true... Guy at the gym I have beers with on occasion got a new one delivered a couple months back, and already had ordered the next one before taking delivery of this one. Different tax bracket than me lol

Reactions: DWC

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I recently had Mullahey Ford try to buy back my two F150s crazy world in the car bus

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

I will give you honest feedback. I was in the market to purchase at MSRP and not another dollar more. I sent my gen 1 raptor to camp and needed another truck. I ended up buying a high mile stock Gen2 Raptor from someone I know private party. I like nice things but refuse to over pay.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Dealers have inventory incoming, with few buyers due to finance costs and tighter credit standards.

It’s quickly shifting from a sellers market, to a buyers market.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I’m playing the waiting game right now. We are wanting to get the wife a new Tahoe but not at the current pricing. Damn!!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Dealers have inventory incoming, with few buyers due to finance costs and tighter credit standards.

It’s quickly shifting from a sellers market, to a buyers market.
I got updated rate sheets for several of our finance partners....people have no idea what is really coming/happening. I'm still chewing on what I saw...dealer fees to lenders to write loans in our industry have got from absurd....to absolutely fucking insane.

River Runnin

Reaction score

RD
Over 50K in 2003 for my H2. While the other attention whore's never took them off-road, a few of us! -that's what it was all about! Took it out the day I bought it, run it through the Mud, snow and scrub brush! Weren't no Mall queen here! I think I've washed and waxed it at least 2/3 times a year for the near 20 years I've owned it! -- Just turned 94K miles! :)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Over 50K in 2003 for my H2. While the other attention whore's never took them off-road, a few of us! -that's what it was all about! Took it out the day I bought it, run it through the Mud, snow and scrub brush! Weren't no Mall queen here! I think I've washed and waxed it at least 2/3 times a year for the near 20 years I've owned it! -- Just turned 94K miles! :)
Scratches when offroading I can live with 👍
Scratches from a shopping cart are unacceptable 👎

Last edited:

Englewood

Reaction score

RD
You will hate it. They are like an enduro motorcycle. Not really great at any one thing.

Off road? Maybe after 50k in upgrades
Street? It’s a truck at the end of the day
Speed? It’s a V6
Towing? It’s a v6

I’m sure this will ruffle some feathers but it’s the truth. 🤷‍♂️